DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran
 
PocahontasLookALike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 877

Did I just make a huge mistake? PPH Ressie

I JUST booked two rooms at the PPH using my points. I booked a room for my family and a room for my parents. I didn't even THINK to see how many points a two bedroom at the VGC would be.

Because I booked at the PPH, my points are now 'reservation points'. Am I stuck and can't change my reservation to a 2 bedroom (which is the SAME amount of points as 2 rooms at the PPH!)?

I'm kinda sick about it and really bummed thinking about it ...

EDIT: I didn't even check availability, but in the event that it IS avail...
__________________

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
TSMMANIAC
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 198

No you can't use these points to book any Vacation Club Resort as you said they are now reservation points.
TSMMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
WebmasterDoc
Administrator
 
WebmasterDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 30,805
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocahontasLookALike View Post
I JUST booked two rooms at the PPH using my points. I booked a room for my family and a room for my parents. I didn't even THINK to see how many points a two bedroom at the VGC would be.

Because I booked at the PPH, my points are now 'reservation points'. Am I stuck and can't change my reservation to a 2 bedroom (which is the SAME amount of points as 2 rooms at the PPH!)?

I'm kinda sick about it and really bummed thinking about it ...

If you cancel those reservations, the points will remain in "Reservation Status" can ONLY be used for another non-DVC reservation (Disney Collection, Concierge Collection, Adventurer Collection).

Can you even see if a 2BR at VGC is available for your dates? It may not be and your plan has already worked to perfection!

Enjoy your stay at PPH!
__________________
Doc
WebmasterDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran
 
PocahontasLookALike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 877

I just checked my dates and ALL villas are booked. Which makes me feel a little better. but at least now I know to check. I just assumed it'd be too many points!
__________________

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran
 
PocahontasLookALike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 877

I don't know if this is the right place, but since I'm booking using my points I figured I'd start here...

Since I can't book a 2 bedroom villa at VGC, I booked two rooms at PPH. However, I saw that they over family suites! Does anyone know if I can book one of these using points? If so, what's the points 'cost'?
__________________

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 45,542

I don't know about the suites, but I hope you have a great time at PPH! It's my favorite of the resorts at Disneyland, with its big bright cheery rooms.

In case you don't know, when you go to the parks, go out the FRONT door of the hotel, turn left to get to the crosswalk, and cross over to the Grand. Go in the lovely front doors.

For DCA if you wish to enter from the Grand's entrance, cross through the lobby and follow the signs to the entrance.

For DL (or if you want to get the "front gate" experience of DCA), there's a corridor to the left as you enter the lobby, and you want to go down that corridor. Follow it along! If you have anyone with a wheelchair, scooter, or in a stroller with you, there's a ramp along the left. Follow that corridor along, go to the right out glass doors, then along out to DTD. Sephora is on your right, Haagen Dasz is across DTD from you. Turn to the right to go on to bag check and then the esplanade.

Hope that helps. We followed the signs inside PPH to get to the parks on our first trip, and it caused us to go out the back/side, along DLH and alllll the way through DownTown Disney. This added a lot of walking.

Have fun!
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,411

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I don't know about the suites, but I hope you have a great time at PPH! It's my favorite of the resorts at Disneyland, with its big bright cheery rooms.

In case you don't know, when you go to the parks, go out the FRONT door of the hotel, turn left to get to the crosswalk, and cross over to the Grand. Go in the lovely front doors.

For DCA if you wish to enter from the Grand's entrance, cross through the lobby and follow the signs to the entrance.

For DL (or if you want to get the "front gate" experience of DCA), there's a corridor to the left as you enter the lobby, and you want to go down that corridor. Follow it along! If you have anyone with a wheelchair, scooter, or in a stroller with you, there's a ramp along the left. Follow that corridor along, go to the right out glass doors, then along out to DTD. Sephora is on your right, Haagen Dasz is across DTD from you. Turn to the right to go on to bag check and then the esplanade.

Hope that helps. We followed the signs inside PPH to get to the parks on our first trip, and it caused us to go out the back/side, along DLH and alllll the way through DownTown Disney. This added a lot of walking.

Have fun!
Thanks Molly..this helps me also as we're staying at PPH in May
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
MdmMim

Loves rainy days!!
 
MdmMim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 1,980

I have stayed at PPH twice on points--and I just love it! Can't wait to return!
__________________
MdmMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran
 
luckyman_apd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,303

Making me sad. We were at Disneyland last June for the first time ever. I really enjoyed it and I think I liked it MORE than WDW. While my wife enjoys WDW more, reading this making me reminisce.

Enjoy.
__________________
Coronado Apr 2009, BLT Feb 2011, SSR June 2011, DLR June 2012, BLT Nov 2012, OKW Mar 2013, SSR Aug 2013, BLT Dec 2013, BLT/BCV July 2014
Me DW DD(8)DS(4)
luckyman_apd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,107

I've stayed at PPH twice on points with the theme park view. I think it's great! We always walk across the street and go through GCH to get to the parks. A friend & I stayed at VGC in September and wanted to extend our stay to go to the first MNSSHP. I wait listed but it never came through so we booked a night at PPH on cash. I think the theme park view is worth the extra points/cash.

__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran
 
PatMcDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
Making me sad. We were at Disneyland last June for the first time ever. I really enjoyed it and I think I liked it MORE than WDW. While my wife enjoys WDW more, reading this making me reminisce.

Enjoy.

I prefer DL to WDW. SO now I try to get to DL every year, AND WDW too. And I like PP, I like all the resorts at DL.
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB
I've stayed at PPH twice on points with the theme park view. I think it's great! We always walk across the street and go through GCH to get to the parks. A friend & I stayed at VGC in September and wanted to extend our stay to go to the first MNSSHP. I wait listed but it never came through so we booked a night at PPH on cash. I think the theme park view is worth the extra points/cash.
Wow. That pic makes me want to change to a theme park view. I booked on points for the DL 10k.
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
SSRJen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 538

A friend of mine booked a family suite with points, so I know it is possible. I don't know how many points the room was though.
SSRJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #14
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran
 
PocahontasLookALike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRJen
A friend of mine booked a family suite with points, so I know it is possible. I don't know how many points the room was though.
Good to know! Ill call MS tomorrow!
__________________

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran
 
luckyman_apd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
I prefer DL to WDW. SO now I try to get to DL every year, AND WDW too. And I like PP, I like all the resorts at DL.
A 2.5 hour flight from NJ is easier to do than a 6 hour flight changing times zones with the little ones. We DEFINITELY will be back though. We want to do more of the southern california thing when the kids get older. We only have a small contract through resale, so we can't use our points out there (restrictions plus huge points cost for VGC) so we stayed across the street at the HOJO. We will probably stay farther of site next time for less, although walking distance was nice.
__________________
Coronado Apr 2009, BLT Feb 2011, SSR June 2011, DLR June 2012, BLT Nov 2012, OKW Mar 2013, SSR Aug 2013, BLT Dec 2013, BLT/BCV July 2014
Me DW DD(8)DS(4)
luckyman_apd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.