Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #1396
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post
I checked out like this on our last cruise and it was wonderful! However I had my babies with me and everything was perfect. This time I have a feeling I will be knocking people down to get to an internet connection for FaceTime with my little ones. This will be the longest that I have ever left them. My youngest is only 4. I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel nervous about it already.

I've been there and totally understand. When mine were little I felt the same. We left them for a week in 2010 and went to Mexico. No FaceTime then if I recall and texting was $$$. I think we text once a night, really long texts. Your trip will be wonderful and they'll miss you but they'll also have fun. Baby steps. I Facetimed with mine nightly when Michael and I were in Mexico last month.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #1397
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I love checking out from life, but we get the internet package on cruises so I can keep up with you guys! I miss my DIS friends. Especially when Fran is taking her naps. I can't really leave the room, although I did head to Stormalong Bay last trip for an hour.

I've taken calls at AK, Epcot and I've even located and hired a leak/damage restoration company from the comfort of my Villa. As long as we have tenants, I'm on call.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 PM   #1398
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I love checking out from life, but we get the internet package on cruises so I can keep up with you guys! I miss my DIS friends. Especially when Fran is taking her naps. I can't really leave the room, although I did head to Stormalong Bay last trip for an hour.

I've taken calls at AK, Epcot and I've even located and hired a leak/damage restoration company from the comfort of my Villa. As long as we have tenants, I'm on call.

I love your live reports. We all look forward to them. I always think of funny things to tell you guys when we're away too. I can totally see why the Internet package works for you. If Joshua was a baby and would nap, it would make sense for me. Or if M and I were cruising and leaving the kids at home.

You are on 24/7 and thankfully as I'm sure your tenants appreciate that. I've also answered and returned calls. It's easier when M isn't around because he totally dislikes cell phones on vacation. The kids flip when their phones die at Disney and he loves it.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:00 AM   #1399
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I love your live reports. We all look forward to them. I always think of funny things to tell you guys when we're away too. I can totally see why the Internet package works for you. If Joshua was a baby and would nap, it would make sense for me. Or if M and I were cruising and leaving the kids at home.

You are on 24/7 and thankfully as I'm sure your tenants appreciate that. I've also answered and returned calls. It's easier when M isn't around because he totally dislikes cell phones on vacation. The kids flip when their phones die at Disney and he loves it.
I love it that on cruises we totally have to disconnect from real life but that I can still have the DIS, that doesn't feel like real life, it's like my friends.

I usually designate a point person for cruises and then give them the on ship phone number. Tenants call the point person if there is a problem while we're gone and we give them a letter to explain that we will be out of contact for the week or so.

This next cruise will be different since we have 5 days on land after our cruise in November, but not too different, since we will be on a cruise! When we come back tenants can call us if they have a problem.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #1400
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yay, I'm glad you saved so much money!!! What a lucky mistake.

Jill in CO
All thanks to you, thank you!

I seriously was done checking because it never went down. When you mentioned on your PTR yours had gone down again I figured one more time cant hurt.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:13 AM   #1401
Pinkocto

Quote:
What? How in the heck are we going to eat all that right after dinner? It sounds awesome though. I'm going to have to order like one thing for dinner. I love crepes.
There's always room for another course! Even if you're not hungry, you must still check it out. They make the crepes fresh right in front of you and there's all sorts of toppings to add

Quote:
That's great news! Wow, not only a financial savings but a huge logistical savings and not having to navigate Miami on your own. I am so happy for you. Love it when it all falls into place.
Thank you! . I am beyond pleased, and feel like I've dodged a bullet having to drive through Miami. Sorry for the mini hijack, I just had to share.

Quote:
Our trips are already full of so much pixiedust, what are they going to be like when we actually take them?
They're going to be beyond amazing!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #1402
rentayenta

Single digit dance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I love it that on cruises we totally have to disconnect from real life but that I can still have the DIS, that doesn't feel like real life, it's like my friends.

It's like your friends because we are your friends. I consider you all real life friends. The bond may have started differently than how I met some of my other girlfriends but when I like someone, I like them. I have different interests with all of my friends. Same with kids. Chloe and I could talk Disney for days but Gabby and I couldn't.

Quote:
I usually designate a point person for cruises and then give them the on ship phone number. Tenants call the point person if there is a problem while we're gone and we give them a letter to explain that we will be out of contact for the week or so.
That's a great idea.

Quote:
This next cruise will be different since we have 5 days on land after our cruise in November, but not too different, since we will be on a cruise! When we come back tenants can call us if they have a problem.

5 days on land after sounds perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
There's always room for another course! Even if you're not hungry, you must still check it out. They make the crepes fresh right in front of you and there's all sorts of toppings to add

Thank you! . I am beyond pleased, and feel like I've dodged a bullet having to drive through Miami. Sorry for the mini hijack, I just had to share.

They're going to be beyond amazing!

Joshua loves crepes too. He woke up this morning and he whispered: we're in the single digits for both now mom. Clearly he pays attention.

Keep checking on car deals, I bet they drop lower this close out. I don't blame you not wanting to navigate Miami. I just realized the cruise ends on a Friday. Miami traffic should be a hoot that day. I am starting to stress over getting back to Fort Lauderdale in time for our 12:50 flight.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #1403
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
All thanks to you, thank you!

I seriously was done checking because it never went down. When you mentioned on your PTR yours had gone down again I figured one more time cant hurt.
I've learned to check until the day of. My best deal ever was a week in Orlando for $65 for an intermediate through Alamo. The prices just kept dropping every single day.

Jill in CO
Old 03-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #1404
rentayenta

Quote:
I've learned to check until the day of. My best deal ever was a week in Orlando for $65 for an intermediate through Alamo. The prices just kept dropping every single day.

Jill in CO
Thats so smart. I do that with airfare too right up until the last day. You just never know though flight deals seems to be scarcer and scarcer these days.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #1405
Pinkocto

Quote:

Jill in CO
Wow, thats an amazing price! I will keep checking, thanks so much!

Old 03-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #1406
Pinkocto

I love that Joshua knows the countdown! Sounds like he's super excited too

Old 03-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #1407
rentayenta

Quote:
I love that Joshua knows the countdown! Sounds like he's super excited too

He's super excited. He really wants his passport stamped too. I read that it's feasible but its like $27 and I'd have to go to some gov't building. Sounds like a total headache but that's the only souvenir he wants from Mexico.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #1408
Pinkocto

Quote:
He's super excited. He really wants his passport stamped too. I read that it's feasible but its like $27 and I'd have to go to some gov't building. Sounds like a total headache but that's the only souvenir he wants from Mexico.
$27 What happened to getting stamped in customs?

Old 03-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #1409
rentayenta

Quote:
$27 What happened to getting stamped in customs?

I heard they don't stamp in Mexico on a cruise as a passport isn't needed.

Last edited by rentayenta; 03-21-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #1410
Pinkocto

Quote:
I heard they don't stamp in Mexico on a cruise as a passport isn't needed.
Bummer that is so odd. I thought you did have to have a passport?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: