Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #1246
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Just a little info here. The MDR breakfast is from 8:00-9:30. We had a hard time getting there since we move so slow in the mornings. I think we did it twice on the two cruises and once was the "kick you off the ship" breakfast.

That said, it was a nice offering. We got Eggs Benedict and the pancake, waffle, French toast trio. We split them both, were stuffed and couldn't finish.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #1247
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Just a little info here. The MDR breakfast is from 8:00-9:30. We had a hard time getting there since we move so slow in the mornings. I think we did it twice on the two cruises and once was the "kick you off the ship" breakfast.

That said, it was a nice offering. We got Eggs Benedict and the pancake, waffle, French toast trio. We split them both, were stuffed and couldn't finish.

Thanks friend. Good to know. The eggs Benedict I've seen look so good. I love Hollandaise. Sadee and I are going to brunch this Sunday to celebrate our birthdays and the place we are going serves $3 Bloody Mary's and crazy good Hollandaise.

So did you do the buffet for breakfast? How was it?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 12:59 AM   #1248
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thanks friend. Good to know. The eggs Benedict I've seen look so good. I love Hollandaise. Sadee and I are going to brunch this Sunday to celebrate our birthdays and the place we are going serves $3 Bloody Mary's and crazy good Hollandaise.

So did you do the buffet for breakfast? How was it?
We did both buffets in addition to just having room service service breakfast. I preferred the one on deck 9 to Parrot Cay. Only because on deck they had an omelette bar where you could get eggs cooked to order over easy. That's one thing I like in a breakfast, but I'm weird about my eggs. They have to be right out of the skillet fresh. These were really good and hey brought them to the table.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 03-06-2014, 05:32 AM   #1249
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just a little info here. The MDR breakfast is from 8:00-9:30. We had a hard time getting there since we move so slow in the mornings. I think we did it twice on the two cruises and once was the "kick you off the ship" breakfast. That said, it was a nice offering. We got Eggs Benedict and the pancake, waffle, French toast trio. We split them both, were stuffed and couldn't finish.

I can totally identify with this. We only went to the MDR for the final breakfast on our last cruise. My husband is obsessed with that giant buffet. I loved the breakfast at Royal Palace. I am hoping to get him to go with me to breakfast at one of the MDRs at least twice on this trip. I also intend to put a standing room service order in for juice and coffee in the mornings.
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #1250
rentayenta

Quote:
We did both buffets in addition to just having room service service breakfast. I preferred the one on deck 9 to Parrot Cay. Only because on deck they had an omelette bar where you could get eggs cooked to order over easy. That's one thing I like in a breakfast, but I'm weird about my eggs. They have to be right out of the skillet fresh. These were really good and hey brought them to the table.

There are two morning buffets? Wow! I'm going to be stuffed. I like over easy too. I can't believe you like over easy. How do you get the yolk not to touch anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post
I can totally identify with this. We only went to the MDR for the final breakfast on our last cruise. My husband is obsessed with that giant buffet. I loved the breakfast at Royal Palace. I am hoping to get him to go with me to breakfast at one of the MDRs at least twice on this trip. I also intend to put a standing room service order in for juice and coffee in the mornings.

Where is the buffet? Parrot Cay? Joshua loves a buffet too. Do all three MDRs have breakfast options?

Old 03-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #1251
rentayenta

Old 03-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #1252
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

You are getting so close!

Jill in CO
Old 03-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #1253
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You are getting so close!

Jill in CO
I'm pretty much in excited good freak out mode. FEs are ready and packed . Now I'm just tying to determine what I really need to pack for clothes. I am determined not to over pack. I'm hoping for just two large suitcases. Do you know the limits on luggage for the ship?

Old 03-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #1254
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post
Are you sailing concierge level? When we did CL we could put in a standing order. When we did just regular we had to put the tag out each night. The last day I actually forgot to check the coffee box, but since we had the same guy all week and I tipped him pretty good he noticed that and went back to get me coffee.

Quote:
There are two morning buffets? Wow! I'm going to be stuffed. I like over easy too. I can't believe you like over easy. How do you get the yolk not to touch anything else?
The buffets both started at 7AM. I think the one up top went to 10:30 while Parrot Cay closed at 9:30. On the cruise it was easy, they brought the eggs on a separate plate. At home or restaurants I just slide the hash browns to the other side of the plate. I put my bacon on top of the hash browns or on the plate with my toast!

Quote:
Where is the buffet? Parrot Cay? Joshua loves a buffet too.

I think the buffet on the Wonder is called Topsiders. There is a buffet at Parrot Cay as well. Triton's serves the sit down breakfast and Artist Palette is dark daily until dinner. They do arts and crafts workshops and other things in there but no food service.

Oh and something else that we haven't talked about on your PTR, they have cooking demos on days at sea. Not that you cook, but they do give you a sample of what they cook once its over. They tell you in the Navigator what the dish will be. I got to have a lamb chop from Palo at the demo I went to.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #1255
rentayenta

Quote:

The buffets both started at 7AM. I think the one up top went to 10:30 while Parrot Cay closed at 9:30. On the cruise it was easy, they brought the eggs on a separate plate. At home or restaurants I just slide the hash browns to the other side of the plate. I put my bacon on top of the hash browns or on the plate with my toast!

Of course you do. The yolk running into everything is the best part!

Quote:
I think the buffet on the Wonder is called Tipsters. There is a buffet at Parrot Cay as well. Triton's serves the sit down breakfast and Artist Palette is dark daily until dinner. They do arts and crafts workshops and other things in there but no food service.
Ok awesome, thank you. I'm going to be so lost the first day.

Quote:
Oh and something else that we haven't talked about on your PTR, they have cooking demos on days at sea. Not that you cook, but they do give you a sample of what they cook once its over. They tell you in the Navigator what the dish will be. I got to have a lamb chop from Palo at the demo I went to.

Not that I cook. Now that's funny! Love a good lamb chop. I'll have to look into those.

I told Joshua last night that I want to try the adults only dining place, Palo, and he can't go. He said: whatever I'll be fine. Love him. He said, I'm not allowed in his club so it's fair. I told him it'd only be two hours tops. I'll play it by ear but I really think he's going to want more freedom than he thinks he will. I think he'll ditch me for dinner or eat really fast and then ditch me.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #1256
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
I'm pretty much in excited good freak out mode. FEs are ready and packed . Now I'm just tying to determine what I really need to pack for clothes. I am determined not to over pack. I'm hoping for just two large suitcases. Do you know the limits on luggage for the ship?
No limits on luggage. They only give you 2 tags a person (I think but I get 2 for just me) but the porters can get you more at the drop off.

To Alison's point about room service breakfast...the tags are in the desk drawer! It took me most of my first cruise to find them!

Jill in CO
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #1257
franandaj

OK. I've lost it. My phone changed Topsiders to Tipsters and I said Artist Palette which is at SSR. Not Animators Palette.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #1258
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
YES! I'm stressing a little over my FE gifts. They're sort of random and not the same for every cabin.

Do you generally request a dining rotation? I don't think it's necessary but it seems to be a popular idea. I wonder if I'm missing something?
They dont have to be the same, no one will ever know the difference

I like to be surprised so dont put a rotation request in. It doesnt matter to me which one which night, theyre all very nice restaurants.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #1259
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Look at all this wonderful chatting I've missed, what fun

Joshua's response about Palo was too cute.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #1260
rentayenta

Quote:
OK. I've lost it. My phone changed Topsiders to Tipsters and I said Artist Palette which is at SSR. Not Animators Palette.

I know so little it made sense to me. Topsiders. I would have asked where Tipsters was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
No limits on luggage. They only give you 2 tags a person (I think but I get 2 for just me) but the porters can get you more at the drop off.

To Alison's point about room service breakfast...the tags are in the desk drawer! It took me most of my first cruise to find them!

Jill in CO
Good to know Jill. I'd have been searching all over for the darn things. I defs want coffee and juice delivered just because we can!

Two per person will be plenty. My goal is two BIG ones total. One is half full of FE stuff iChat now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
They dont have to be the same, no one will ever know the difference

I like to be surprised so dont put a rotation request in. It doesnt matter to me which one which night, theyre all very nice restaurants.

True Pam, very true. They're close in amount of stuff but different stuff. Do you like cinnamon or peppermint better? Or either?

Cool. I don't want to put one in either but I read a bunch of folks do. I've looked at all of menus a ton and see something good in all of them. Lots of good things to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Look at all this wonderful chatting I've missed, what fun

Joshua's response about Palo was too cute.

He's funny! We were chatting last night before bed and he's so excited. He says he'll do karaoke once with me. I love karaoke. Especially after a cocktail.

Last edited by rentayenta; 03-06-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: