Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #1186
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Not at all! I love that we've been able to chat about all our plans. Here I've been worried I've been smothering you

I'm having a blonde moment, what is a PAT?

They said they start picking up at 11 am, hopefully we'll be at the ship by 12, 12:30 at the latest.

That restaurant sounds delicious! I know, some of those hotels were outrageous. I'm very happy with my $119, fingers crossed the ceiling isn't falling in.

Thank you

PAT is port arrival time.

$119 is a great deal. Seriously, they are so expensive. I am reevaluating spending the evening with our friends. I'm a waffler.

My FE stuff arrived, some was damaged so they're sending new ones. I'm glad I called as they won't arrive until 3/5.

I'm nearly impossible to smother. Ask Michael. Nothing from Nachi. Sometimes my gmail goes to SPAM so I'll resuscitate my old AOL account and email from that. I'm happy, I think I have enough to pay in pesos for that day. Nachi wants USD but I like pesos for shopping/cabs, better exchange rate.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #1187
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
PAT is port arrival time.

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure I picked the 12-12:30 slot. It really doesn't matter though, they'll let everyone in as they get to the port. The big rush is at 11-11:30.

Quote:
$119 is a great deal. Seriously, they are so expensive. I am reevaluating spending the evening with our friends. I'm a waffler.
If they're in town that would definitely be a money saver!

Quote:
My FE stuff arrived, some was damaged so they're sending new ones. I'm glad I called as they won't arrive until 3/5.
What a bummer I'm glad you called.

Quote:
I'm nearly impossible to smother. Ask Michael. Nothing from Nachi. Sometimes my gmail goes to SPAM so I'll resuscitate my old AOL account and email from that. I'm happy, I think I have enough to pay in pesos for that day. Nachi wants USD but I like pesos for shopping/cabs, better exchange rate.
Excellent about the pesos

No worries I shouldn't have taken so long to decide.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #1188
rentayenta

Quote:
That's what I thought but I wasn't sure I picked the 12-12:30 slot. It really doesn't matter though, they'll let everyone in as they get to the port. The big rush is at 11-11:30.

If they're in town that would definitely be a money saver!

What a bummer I'm glad you called.

Excellent about the pesos

No worries I shouldn't have taken so long to decide.

They wrote me back and said they keep a strict 100 person policy. At least we tried. I'm not surprised they're full. There are 8 cruise ships in Cozumel that day. Disney arrives first. I wonder if that's why all aboard is so late? I can't believe it's not until 5:45 pm.

I'd like to see my friend, just wish we had more time. I'm afraid I'll be preoccupied, ya know? I'm going to see what flights look like for Friday now that the kids are off school and Friday is part of Spring Break. If I can add a full day with them, it'd be fun and worth it.

Good to know about arrival times. Joshua keeps asking what we're going to do that first day/night and I'm like: as much as we can!

I love pesos. Maybe it's Mexico I love?

Old 02-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #1189
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Sorry to hijack but if anyone wants to read I started a PTR for DL.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post50808869

Jill in CO
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #1190
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Sorry to hijack but if anyone wants to read I started a PTR for DL.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post50808869

Jill in CO

Yay! I'm in. Be right over.

So I saw this on Trip Advisor about SAS Transportation. It was written in 3/2013 so I'm guessing it rings true still.

SAS Transportation. $15 per person, each way, to and from the FLL Airport to the Port of Miami. They will not transport us to our hotel on our return from the cruise, only back to the airport, and earliest pickup is 10am. (954) 600-0240 www.ridesas.com

That puts me at Fort Lauderdale airport about 11:00. Flight leaves at 12:50. Think I'll be okay?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #1191
Pinkocto

Quote:
They wrote me back and said they keep a strict 100 person policy. At least we tried. I'm not surprised they're full. There are 8 cruise ships in Cozumel that day. Disney arrives first. I wonder if that's why all aboard is so late? I can't believe it's not until 5:45 pm.

Thanks so much for trying, I really appreciate it

5:45 is great, lots of time to enjoy.

Quote:
I'd like to see my friend, just wish we had more time. I'm afraid I'll be preoccupied, ya know? I'm going to see what flights look like for Friday now that the kids are off school and Friday is part of Spring Break. If I can add a full day with them, it'd be fun and worth it.
Oooohhh, thats an idea. How are flights?

Quote:
Good to know about arrival times. Joshua keeps asking what we're going to do that first day/night and I'm like: as much as we can!
You guys are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Quote:
I love pesos. Maybe it's Mexico I love?
This brought a great big smile to my face

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 02-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #1192
Pinkocto

Quote:
Yay! I'm in. Be right over.

So I saw this on Trip Advisor about SAS Transportation. It was written in 3/2013 so I'm guessing it rings true still.

SAS Transportation. $15 per person, each way, to and from the FLL Airport to the Port of Miami. They will not transport us to our hotel on our return from the cruise, only back to the airport, and earliest pickup is 10am. (954) 600-0240 www.ridesas.com

That puts me at Fort Lauderdale airport about 11:00. Flight leaves at 12:50. Think I'll be okay?
This does not ring true, and for this reason. They say call as soon as you get out of customs, no way they'd leave people on the curb waiting until 10:00 if they called earlier. You want me to email them and make sure? And yes, even if you do get there at 11, thats plenty of time for the 12:50 flight.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #1193
rentayenta

Quote:
Thanks so much for trying, I really appreciate it

5:45 is great, lots of time to enjoy.

Oooohhh, thats an idea. How are flights?

You guys are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

This brought a great big smile to my face

It was worth a shot. Keep me posted on your plans. I think we'll do a little shopping in town after the beach since the all aboard time is so late.

I'm looking at flight now. Same prices. It'd be a wash price wise. Have a text into my friend to see if they'll be in town.

Quote:
This does not ring true, and for this reason. They say call as soon as you get out of customs, no way they'd leave people on the curb waiting until 10:00 if they called earlier. You want me to email them and make sure? And yes, even if you do get there at 11, thats plenty of time for the 12:50 flight.

If you wouldn't mind, sure! Even if its 11:30 I think we'll be okay because we'll have already cleared customs at the port.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #1194
rentayenta

Mini update:

I spoke with my girlfriend and they'll be in town so she's going to pick us up from Fort Lauderdale, we'll do dinner, spend the night with them in Miami, and she'll drive us to the port the next morning. She's only 10-15 minutes away. I'm canceling my hotel.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #1195
Pinkocto

I just tried to call SAS but they're closed for the day. I'll try again tomorrow. But I happened upon this on their website, that calls for pickups after 9:30 could have a 45 minute wait. So they definitely start picking up before 10. I'll still call to see when they start.

http://ridesas.com/html/returning_customers_.html

Awesome news about your friend! That will be a great start to the vacation bonus that you'll save money not needing the hotel. And you wont need SAS to the port either. Very cool

Old 02-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #1196
rentayenta

Quote:
I just tried to call SAS but they're closed for the day. I'll try again tomorrow. But I happened upon this on their website, that calls for pickups after 9:30 could have a 45 minute wait. So they definitely start picking up before 10. I'll still call to see when they start.

http://ridesas.com/html/returning_customers_.html

Awesome news about your friend! That will be a great start to the vacation bonus that you'll save money not needing the hotel. And you wont need SAS to the port either. Very cool
Thanks. I read about Jiffy Jeff on TA so I'm going to email them too. Michael told me not to cancel the hotel until I have to just in case she gets a modeling job out of town. Come to find out, the rest of the world doesn't plan like we do. It'll be great to see her and the kids. She said they just cruised out of Miami and it was easy. Saving the money is a total bonus. Allows me to justify the $100 beach day and maybe some BINGO.

ETA: Even if SAS arrived at 10:30 and got us to Fort Lauderdale by 11:30, that gives us a good hour to get through security and to our gate. It's my understanding Fort Lauderdale is a small airport.

Last edited by rentayenta; 02-26-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #1197
Pinkocto

Quote:
Thanks. I read about Jiffy Jeff on TA so I'm going to email them too. Michael told me not to cancel the hotel until I have to just in case she gets a modeling job out of town. Come to find out, the rest of the world doesn't plan like we do. It'll be great to see her and the kids. She said they just cruised out of Miami and it was easy. Saving the money is a total bonus. Allows me to justify the $100 beach day and maybe some BINGO.

ETA: Even if SAS arrived at 10:30 and got us to Fort Lauderdale by 11:30, that gives us a good hour to get through security and to our gate. It's my understanding Fort Lauderdale is a small airport.

Not to fear wonderful lady, I just called them and they start picking up people as soon as they get out of customs. So when you get off the ship, call them, and they'll pick you up.

I found that out the hard way with my friend Jessica who I invited for months previous to my January trip. She just could not plan that far in advance.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #1198
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

Enjoying reading your PTR! I stumbled across it and thought "Hey, that title seems interesting!" I had no idea it was my fb friend until I saw the pictures and recognized you from your profile picture. Lol. Can't wait for this cruise!
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #1199
rentayenta

Quote:
Not to fear wonderful lady, I just called them and they start picking up people as soon as they get out of customs. So when you get off the ship, call them, and they'll pick you up.

I found that out the hard way with my friend Jessica who I invited for months previous to my January trip. She just could not plan that far in advance.
You're the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post
Enjoying reading your PTR! I stumbled across it and thought "Hey, that title seems interesting!" I had no idea it was my fb friend until I saw the pictures and recognized you from your profile picture. Lol. Can't wait for this cruise!

Beth! Glad you're here.

And for all three of us:

We're so close!

Old 02-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #1200
Pinkocto

Now that is a fantastic countdown number

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: