Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2014, 02:42 AM   #1156
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

You gals are going to have such a good time on this cruise!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #1157
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You gals are going to have such a good time on this cruise!

I just can't wait. I've been reading everyone's reports for years and have wanted to go on one since we bought DVC. I'm reading your Wonder report again.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #1158
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

No, it's not that important to me. Just curious what they do there. I'd way rather do Palo brunch. Crossing my fingers that Joshua wants to hang in the club but I have a feeling he won't mind regardless. He's old enough to watch TV in the Cain if he wants. If brunch doesn't work, he'll be solid by dinner. He's loving the Navigators.

My FE gifts shipped today, hope they are good.
The DVC meetings are fun, they give out prizes, a $300 OBC for the big winner. Lots of smaller stuff too. They do a presentation of the newest properties, and usually have specials if you add-on during the cruise. Free mimosas and sparkling cider.

Quote:
I can't believe we leave in 5 weeks from tomorrow! I don't have the words to express how stoked I am to take my first Disney Cruise.
You're going to LOVE it!!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #1159
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
The DVC meetings are fun, they give out prizes, a $300 OBC for the big winner. Lots of smaller stuff too. They do a presentation of the newest properties, and usually have specials if you add-on during the cruise. Free mimosas and sparkling cider.

You're going to LOVE it!!!!

Can kids go to the DVC meetings? Love free mimosas. Add on. I need GCV points BAD!

Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #1160
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Can kids go to the DVC meetings? Love free mimosas. Add on. I need GCV points BAD!
Yes, they can go. The cruise deals are pretty much the best direct from Disney deals you can get. I haven't jumped on them because I only want to add on 100 points some of these days and the best deals always seem to be for more points than that. ;(

Jill in CO
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #1161
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yes, they can go. The cruise deals are pretty much the best direct from Disney deals you can get. I haven't jumped on them because I only want to add on 100 points some of these days and the best deals always seem to be for more points than that. ;(

Jill in CO

They're the same deals? Oh bummer! That's what I want, 100 points at the GCV. If I had them I'd book them right now for Christmas this year. *sigh*

Old 02-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #1162
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I agree with Alison and Cynthia....I would go with the 12:50. I generally don't care for the last breakfast in the MDRs so I grab something at cabanas and then walk off whenever I'm ready.

Jill in CO
Hey girl!

As usual, trying to catch up on the chatter on your thread-

Totally agree with Jill, you have got to pick a later flight (12:50)- they are actually closing the gate earlier and earlier- 15-20 mins before.

And the only reason I go to the last breakfast is because I get "attached" to my servers and need to give one last hug and say one last good bye- the get the f offa r ship brekkie really sucks altogether, lol!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #1163
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

And the only reason I go to the last breakfast is because I get "attached" to my servers and need to give one last hug and say one last good bye- the get the f offa r ship brekkie really sucks altogether, lol!

Jill in CO
Old 02-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #1164
rentayenta

Quote:
Hey girl!

As usual, trying to catch up on the chatter on your thread-

Totally agree with Jill, you have got to pick a later flight (12:50)- they are actually closing the gate earlier and earlier- 15-20 mins before.

I'm on the 12:50, you think I need to go later?

I think 8:15 will be too late to make our 12:50 flight so we'll have to say our goodbyes the night before. I don't want to chance missing my flight. I've read very differing opinions with regard to how long it takes to disembark. I'm so confuzzled.

We just flew all over and if anything everyone boras ed late but I'd never count on that.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #1165
Pinkocto

Quote:
I just looked at the calendar again, I had booked us for dinner that second night and brunch the second sea day. So you can do the DVC meeting if it's on the second morning. Sorry about the confusion

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 02-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #1166
rentayenta

Quote:
I just looked at the calendar again, I had booked us for dinner that second night and brunch the second sea day. So you can do the DVC meeting if it's on the second morning. Sorry about the confusion

No worries amiga. I'm a goofy mess anyway. The second sea day would be Wed? And the dinner is not pirate night, right? Are you going to dress up?

So I think I'm going a little nuts with the FE. Was at my favorite local Mexican market today and picked up a fun little treat to signify the Mexico portion of our cruise. I'm going to need a bag just for FE stuff.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #1167
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
I'm on the 12:50, you think I need to go later?

I think 8:15 will be too late to make our 12:50 flight so we'll have to say our goodbyes the night before. I don't want to chance missing my flight. I've read very differing opinions with regard to how long it takes to disembark. I'm so confuzzled.

We just flew all over and if anything everyone boras ed late but I'd never count on that.
No- I think 12:50 is perfect! They usually make an announcement that if your flight is 11:30 you need to be on the first wave off in the morning when you are using their transportation at PC- so I am sure you will be fine!

Disembarkation varies because you have to go through customs and immigration- totally depends on how many peeps are working and how many peeps are getting off the ship when you are I think.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #1168
rentayenta

Quote:
No- I think 12:50 is perfect! They usually make an announcement that if your flight is 11:30 you need to be on the first wave off in the morning when you are using their transportation at PC- so I am sure you will be fine!

Disembarkation varies because you have to go through customs and immigration- totally depends on how many peeps are working and how many peeps are getting off the ship when you are I think.

We're flying out of Fort Lauderdale but at sailing out of the Port of Miami about 26 miles away. On a. Friday morning I have no idea what that'll look like time wise. We aren't using Disney transportation.

So customs might be as busy as it is at the airport. Hmmm......

Old 02-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #1169
Pinkocto

Quote:
No worries amiga. I'm a goofy mess anyway. The second sea day would be Wed? And the dinner is not pirate night, right? Are you going to dress up?

I had everything organized in my mind so long ago I've forgotten it

Yes, Palo dinner is not on Pirate Night, that is on Cozumel day which is Tuesday. Palo brunch is on Wednesday at 10:00.

I won't dress up for Pirate Night, I have absolutely nothing to wear. I know a lot of people do and they look fabulous, really get into the spirit. I love going to the dance party afterwards and try to dance. And of course they have the fireworks around 10:15-10:30. And then the dessert party around 10:00

Quote:
So I think I'm going a little nuts with the FE. Was at my favorite local Mexican market today and picked up a fun little treat to signify the Mexico portion of our cruise. I'm going to need a bag just for FE stuff.
That's exactly why I haven't done it since the first cruise. It's a lot of fun but you bring/end up with so much extra.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #1170
rentayenta

Quote:
I had everything organized in my mind so long ago I've forgotten it

Yes, Palo dinner is not on Pirate Night, that is on Cozumel day which is Tuesday. Palo brunch is on Wednesday at 10:00.

Okay, cool. I bet Joshua will be beat after Cozumel. I am still waffling with that day. I have our Nachi reservation and would only lose like $18 if I cancel. Zihuatanejo was so much fun. I want Joshua to get a taste of real Mexico not a homogenized version. Their menu looks pretty authentic though. I'm not loving that its an AI though. I won't have more than a drink or two all day with it being just he and I. I guess I'll have to eat my money's worth.

Quote:
I won't dress up for Pirate Night, I have absolutely nothing to wear. I know a lot of people do and they look fabulous, really get into the spirit. I love going to the dance party afterwards and try to dance. And of course they have the fireworks around 10:15-10:30. And then the dessert party around 10:00

Fireworks! My favorite. Can't wait for those. We'll get dressed up but not too much so. Maybe an eyepatch and sword for Joshua and a bandana and pirate shirt for me. He doesn't like the costume we bought last year. It's too babyish now.

Quote:
That's exactly why I haven't done it since the first cruise. It's a lot of fun but you bring/end up with so much extra.

I am trying to be good but I've got so much stuff to go through. I bought one more little thing today. I have got to stop. None of its big and part edible so people won't have to bring a whole bunch home.

I started packing the stuff today. That or have piles of bags sitting in my room.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: