Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #1036
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Aliosn, I know about the road trip but do tell on the others. You know we love the details. What's the estimated finish time for the second story?

Pam, 805 photos? You can never have enough especially of AKV. Never. I'd love to see whatever you want to share.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:30 AM   #1037
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Aliosn, I know about the road trip but do tell on the others. You know we love the details. What's the estimated finish time for the second story? .
Well I can post here since I'm not reported to any kind of truth or whatever, but I need to post on the house thread about the architect and stuff, but bottom line they won't start on anything before May. I'll give more details over there, but it will be at least six months in my estimation, before they finish. I need to get over there to update and somewhere figure out where to talk about all the vacays! Fran has gone nuts on trips and I'm pretty psyched about it and astonished!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 01-27-2014 at 02:05 PM.
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #1038
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Well I can post here since I'm not reported to any kind of truth or whatever, but I need to post on the house thread about the architect and stuff, but bottom line they won't start on anything before May. I'll give more details over there, but it will be at least six months in my estimation, before they finish. I need to get over there to update and somewhere figure out where to talk about all the vacays! Fran has gone nuts on trips and I'm pretty psyched about it and astonished!

Ok, I'll check there. And you were cracking me up on FB. You mean, the Five Sheets can come live with you?

I'm sorry the remodel/add on will take so long but I'm happy about some extra fun trips. Silver lining girlfriend, silver lining.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #1039
franandaj

Quote:
Ok, I'll check there. And you were cracking me up on FB. You mean, the Five Sheets can come live with you?

I'm sorry the remodel/add on will take so long but I'm happy about some extra fun trips. Silver lining girlfriend, silver lining.
Well I haven't had time to put together an update for over there. These are the trips

May 2-11 - SW road trip
May 28 - June 5 - WDW
July 9-13 - San Luis Obispo w/car club
July 25-28 - Destination D in WDW
July 30 - August 4 - Las Vegas, Star Trek Convention
August 7-16 - Gay Games trip including side trip to Auburn Indiana for the Car Museum.

Should keep us busy while we're waiting for the house to be finished!

I had to edit and add one that I forgot.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 01-28-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #1040
rentayenta

Quote:
Well I haven't had time to put together an update for over there. These are the trips

May 2-11 - SW road trip
May 28 - June 5 - WDW
August 7-16 - Gay Games trip including side trip to Auburn Indiana for the Car Museum.

They sounds awesome! We may be in Vegas around that time for our anniversary again.

June is going to be amazing at the VGF!

SW road trip will also be very cool. Just don't go north of Cedar City. Our air is pure crap here. Worst in the nation.

Where are the Gay Games held?

I'm loving all of your plans. When are they starting the second story? Can you move stuff in slowly while they're adding on? We've never done a remodel or added on, only new construction. If you go to my FB pics, there are pics.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #1041
franandaj

Quote:
They sounds awesome! We may be in Vegas around that time for our anniversary again.
I don't want to crash your anniversary, but who knows maybe we can meet up for a drink! We aren't going to be leaving the Rio much and a lot of our time is already taken up with the convention, so we'll see what happens.

Quote:
June is going to be amazing at the VGF!

SW road trip will also be very cool. Just don't go north of Cedar City. Our air is pure crap here. Worst in the nation.
I'm two days ahead of posting on the PTR and the next two days sound really cool and amazing. We're also going to schedule a trip to my parents again this winter/spring for some "studying"!

Quote:

Where are the Gay Games held?

Cleveland. We'll make the best of it. Most of our time will be spent in rehearsals and meeting up with friends we have made over the years in the various bands around the country. We only see them for these kinds of events and Atlanta last year was the first one we had done since two Gay Games ago in 2006. We planned to do the LGBA Convention in Dallas in 2012, but Fran's wounds were not healed enough to go.

Quote:
I'm loving all of your plans. When are they starting the second story? Can you move stuff in slowly while they're adding on? We've never done a remodel or added on, only new construction. If you go to my FB pics, there are pics.
There's all sorts of bureaucratic bullsh!t before the first hammer can be swung or the first sledgehammer can fall. I'll post the proposed schedule and plan over in the house thread when I get a chance. We're not on the board of the band any more so that will actually free up my schedule a ton. Probably about the time that it needs to be!

Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #1042
rentayenta

Quote:
I don't want to crash your anniversary, but who knows maybe we can meet up for a drink! We aren't going to be leaving the Rio much and a lot of our time is already taken up with the convention, so we'll see what happens.

You know us, we're always up for a drink. If we go, and its a big if as this summer just took a crazy turn, details to come, we'll most likely stay at The Venetian again. Their pools are the best and very few kids.

Quote:
I'm two days ahead of posting on the PTR and the next two days sound really cool and amazing. We're also going to schedule a trip to my parents again this winter/spring for some "studying"!
Studying? I'm all caught up on your PTR I think. I'll go check.

Quote:
Cleveland. We'll make the best of it. Most of our time will be spent in rehearsals and meeting up with friends we have made over the years in the various bands around the country. We only see them for these kinds of events and Atlanta last year was the first one we had done since two Gay Games ago in 2006. We planned to do the LGBA Convention in Dallas in 2012, but Fran's wounds were not healed enough to go.
Other than the Cleveland part, it sounds great. You'll have a great time no matter where it's held. I'm sure there are some cute little eats in Cleveland. I like to check Guy's DDD if we're going away to see if we can visit any of his joints. Getting together with friends is always awesome! Can't wait to read all about it and I'm glad Fran is feeling well enough to go.

Quote:
There's all sorts of bureaucratic bullsh!t before the first hammer can be swung or the first sledgehammer can fall. I'll post the proposed schedule and plan over in the house thread when I get a chance. We're not on the board of the band any more so that will actually free up my schedule a ton. Probably about the time that it needs to be!
When I first read this I thought, how did she get bullshii through the filer and then I took a closer look. I'll look for the post. I'm we'll versed in building headaches. We had to have our whole lot redrawn because the city wouldn't approve out driveway. Glad you'll have a little schedule relief but knowing you, it'll only be temporary. You ladies and go go go!

Pam, my little Pam, where are you? We're at:

60 days!!!

This time next week we'll be taking off for Zihuatanejo! I cannot wait. The kids are already asking what they're going to eat.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #1043
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:

May 2-11 - SW road trip
May 28 - June 5 - WDW
July 25-29 - Destination D in WDW

Holy carp! You aren't going to be home this year! I don't see any trips through Denver so I'm a bit disappointed though.

Jill in CO
Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #1044
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Pam, my little Pam, where are you?
I'm here, I'm here! I'm home sick last day of vacation but at least I'm home.

Quote:
We're at:

60 days!!!
We're getting close!!!!!!!

Quote:
This time next week we'll be taking off for Zihuatanejo! I cannot wait. The kids are already asking what they're going to eat. [/center]

You're going to have such a fabulous time!

Those kids

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #1045
Pinkocto

Quote:

May 2-11 - SW road trip
May 28 - June 5 - WDW
July 25-29 - Destination D in WDW

I'm sorry the house will be a bit longer, but sounds like you have some great trips planned! Star Trek convention should be great fun

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 01-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #1046
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Holy carp! You aren't going to be home this year! I don't see any trips through Denver so I'm a bit disappointed though.

Jill in CO

I don't see SLC either.

Look what I saw on the Port of Miami webcam today:

Not sure if its our ship but its a Disney ship in our port. I don't see the aqua thingy so it must be one of the older ships.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #1047
franandaj

Quote:
I don't see SLC either.

Not sure if its our ship but its a Disney ship in our port. I don't see the aqua thingy so it must be one of the older ships.

Thats gotta be the Wonder! Cool!

Old 01-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #1048
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Are you stalking Disney cruise ships again?

We really DO need to get your to Mexico and SOON!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #1049
Pinkocto

Quote:
I don't see SLC either.

That is a beautuful sight!

Old 01-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #1050
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Are you stalking Disney cruise ships again?

We really DO need to get your to Mexico and SOON!

I have a mad case of cabin fever. Work has been insane, pun intended. I can't remember this sick of a milieu. Ever. And we're full. One person discharges and two are needing a bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
That is a beautuful sight!
Thats going to be us in 59 days!

Quote:
Thats gotta be the Wonder! Cool!

Thats what I was thinking. It just came back from its dry dock. Is so beautiful.

Tell me your 2015 cruise plans friends. I'm really thinking I'm going to try to book something on board.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: