Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 05:27 AM   #1006
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

And on a funny note, this morning I received my Disney Cruise wake up call from our canceled cruise. I scheduled it when I booked the cruise. I guess Disney didn't cancel the calls when they canceled the cruise. Ouch!

That is just WRONG!

Your Mexico plans sound great and considering your trip is about two weeks away you must be SUPER excited. I am done with winter so looking forward to that sounds wonderful. Lots of pictures please!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #1007
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
I'm a pretty good matchmaker and know folks all over.

I need a matchmaker too!

Quote:

Hey Pam:

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #1008
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm sorry about the wake up call

There are tons of options food wise. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lots of different dishes. You have the restaurants, you have the counter service which is pizza, hotdogs, fries, that kind of thing, and the restaurants have tons of options. And the night time restaurants are fabulous.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #1009
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is just WRONG!

Your Mexico plans sound great and considering your trip is about two weeks away you must be SUPER excited. I am done with winter so looking forward to that sounds wonderful. Lots of pictures please!

It was like an 866 number so thought it was a telemarketer. I isn't answer and they called back within a minute. I was half asleep when I answered but the minute I heard Mickey thinking me for cruising I wanted to slam my face into the headboard.

Two weeks from today to be exact. Of course I am totally PMSing and want to eat everything in sight. TMI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I need a matchmaker too!

Then I'm your girl! What do you like in a mate? That sort of reads like inmate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm sorry about the wake up call

There are tons of options food wise. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lots of different dishes. You have the restaurants, you have the counter service which is pizza, hotdogs, fries, that kind of thing, and the restaurants have tons of options. And the night time restaurants are fabulous.

I'm glad to read that. I was a little worried. Michael is such a fabulous cook. His risotto is better than CraftSteak's risotto. I am a not so closet junk food junkie. If I don't end up with pizza and a Mickey bar every day, in addition to everything else, it'll be a miracle.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 01-21-2014 at 10:53 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #1010
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
All Hands on Deck (on the Fantasy)

Gran Marnier Souffle-

Chocolate lava cake

Truffle Pursettes (these were not even on the menu for us this time because of NYE- but they brought us TWO FULL PLATES of them one night because I told them I was disappointed we weren't having them this time- our servers ROCKED!)

All of that looks delicious. What kind of sauce is that on the pasta pursettes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Agree with all of the above! The Grand Marnier souffle is really good too! I could eat the chicken fingers the entire cruise!

Jill in CO

I like chicken fingers. Do they have honey mustard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Is that the cheese plate? We love that!!!!!

The fries are horribly good too... Dangerous in the afternoon

Afternoon buzzing fries? Sounds perfect. I like fries too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
The food is good! I haven't sailed on the Wonder yet, but looking at the menus on another site, I these are some of my favorites- in Animator's, The Black truffle purses are amazing- you can get a dinner portion, just ask- In Parrot Cay, I think the grouper they have is like one they have on the Dream/Fantasy- if it is, it's delicious. In Triton's, the sea bass is great and the lamb shank, also the dessert is THE BEST- the Gran Marnier Souffle- soooo yummm!!! DO NOT get the lobster mac n cheese- it is horrible. Not crazy about the Pirates menu- we went to Remy this time. I think the short ribs are what I liked best from that, if I remember right- If they have a chocolate lava cake that is amazing! You can always order a Mickey bar for dessert at dinner- also from room service even though it's not on the menu. The all hands on deck is a GREAT room service plate to get to have with a glass of wine on the balcony- I get that around 5:30 sometimes to hold us over to late dinner. And their Chicken fingers are really good- I don't normally eat them, but I love them on there....

Thats two for the chicken fingers. Can you order them from room service? I read you can order Mickey Rice Krispie treats from room service, can you confirm? That would be great! And oh so fattening. Love lamb too. I'm a picky fish eater though. We'll have late dinner too. I am so glad I chose that.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:39 PM   #1011
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Chicken fingers from the place by the pool deck.... Not sure on the honey mustard since I'm a BBQ and ranch girl!

If you are matchmaking....bare minimum is a job and doesn't live with his mom. everything else is a bonus!

Jill in CO
Old 01-21-2014, 11:43 PM   #1012
rentayenta

Quote:
Chicken fingers from the place by the pool deck.... Not sure on the honey mustard since I'm a BBQ and ranch girl!

If you are matchmaking....bare minimum is a job and doesn't live with his mom. everything else is a bonus!

Jill in CO

Age?

You mix the BBQ and ranch? I like that. McDonald't hot mustard is our favorite though. Maybe I'll pack some. I'm sure that will escalate me to incredible geek status packing McDonald's hot mustard but I am guessing the cruise serves ranch and BBQ packets too, not fresh?

Old 01-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #1013
jedijill

Quote:
Age?

You mix the BBQ and ranch? I like that. McDonald't hot mustard is our favorite though. Maybe I'll pack some. I'm sure that will escalate me to incredible geek status packing McDonald's hot mustard but I am guessing the cruise serves ranch and BBQ packets too, not fresh?
You wouldn't be the first to pack sauce ..... I remember the uproar when they got rid of the Ken's honey mustard. I think everything is Heinz now and mostly packets although the ketchup is in a dispenser.

Jill in CO
Old 01-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #1014
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

Jill in CO
And here I was thinking you and Pam would make a cute couple. And I'd get a couple toasters out of the deal!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 01-22-2014 at 03:07 AM.
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 AM   #1015
rentayenta

Quote:
You wouldn't be the first to pack sauce ..... I remember the uproar when they got rid of the Ken's honey mustard. I think everything is Heinz now and mostly packets although the ketchup is in a dispenser.

Jill in CO
Thats good to know. I'm totally going to bring it then. Both Joshua and I are hot mustard lovers, fries, chicken fingers so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
And here I was thinking you and Pam would make a cut couple. And I'd get a couple toasters out of the deal!

You crack me UP! I want a toaster! Or a waffle maker.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:27 AM   #1016
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
You crack me UP! I want a toaster! Or a waffle maker.
I got it wrong. Fran corrected me. If Pam and Jill were to get together, THEY would get the toasters. If you saw that episode of Ellen. Melissa Ethridge gave Ellen the toaster after she came out. But I don't see it happening here. It would be funny though.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:40 AM   #1017
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Afternoon buzzing fries? Sounds perfect. I like fries too.
Well in Alaska it was afternoon I AM FREEZING fries, and oh these are nice and warm and yummy and additive and... but oh, they are dangerous. And unlimited. We so overdid it on Tracy Arm day it wasn't even funny. I can't speak to the chicken fingers directly but the boys ate tons of them. Not sure about the rice kripie treats either (I am worthless!) but you CAN get Mickey Bars.

And the cheese plate

I am a VERY picky fish eater. Mostly in terms of preparation and quality, it's the PNW in me. I was quite happy and ate a lot of fish!

Pack sauce. Why not!

Quote:

Jill in CO
that cracked me up. When Jeff and I first started dating the first question I got from my family was

Does he have a job?

Suffice to say that I supported both Ex #1 and #2. For different reasons mind you but still.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #1018
jedijill

Quote:
And here I was thinking you and Pam would make a cute couple. And I'd get a couple toasters out of the deal!

Jill in CO
Old 01-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #1019
jedijill

Quote:
I got it wrong. Fran corrected me. If Pam and Jill were to get together, THEY would get the toasters. If you saw that episode of Ellen. Melissa Ethridge gave Ellen the toaster after she came out. But I don't see it happening here. It would be funny though.
I'll bring you a toaster when we come honeymoon in the Olga suite.

Jill in CO
Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #1020
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

that cracked me up. When Jeff and I first started dating the first question I got from my family was

Does he have a job?

Suffice to say that I supported both Ex #1 and #2. For different reasons mind you but still.
In my 20's the list of requirements was long. At 40, the list has been whittled down a bit.

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: