Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #976
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,450

Woot Woot!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #977
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,481

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Excellent. I've been talking with a friend on FB who's been on 3 Disney cruises and I can't believe how much there is to do. Do you attend any of the trivia games or night shows?
We did all of the night shows (or most) and some of the comedy/other entertainment acts. No trivia or bingo for us


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What cruise are you looking at in September? I'll let you know how I like it and what I did. I figured if I bought the pass, I'd have to try it. I can't let 18.88 go to waste.
Jeff and I are currently booked on the 9/20 Magic out of San Juan. We will see if that really happens...I have until July to figure it out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm all checked in:





I see our Palo reservations Pam. Woot woot! It feels super real now.


eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #978
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Woot Woot!

Jill in CO


Thanks! When I checked in I had no idea I needed all of our info like Passport numbers and flight info. You should have seen me scrambling at 5 am.


We have the 11:30-12:00 PAT. SAS picks us up at 11:00 so that seems perfect. I have no clue how it all works but it sounds good.





Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We did all of the night shows (or most) and some of the comedy/other entertainment acts. No trivia or bingo for us

You making fun of me? I like some trivia. Joshua does too.



Quote:
Jeff and I are currently booked on the 9/20 Magic out of San Juan. We will see if that really happens...I have until July to figure it out.

Oooo fun. Just you and Jeff? Why July? PIF date? Does the new 18 month rule apply?




Quote:

I had this looming fear it would get canceled. I am so happy Thats not the case.......for now. I think I have a little cruise cancel PTSD.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #979
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER]






Oooo fun. Just you and Jeff? Why July? PIF date? Does the new 18 month rule apply?



Cynthia better not cancel her cruise since that's the cruise I'm on!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #980
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Cynthia better not cancel her cruise since that's the cruise I'm on!

Jill in CO





That's right. Thats going to be so much fun. Hope you girls can meet up.



__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 01-14-2014 at 04:08 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #981
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,470

All checked in!!!!!

I realized during my lunch break I needed to update the meals and then had to race back to work, I was hoping you'd see them I'm getting excited!!!!!

I really like most of the shows, Toy Story I'll probably skip because the actor who played Sid was so scary! And sometimes they'll have magic and hypnotist shows later in the night which are usually very good. There's so much to do its impossible to do it all. Im pretty terrible at trivia so have never done any of those.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #982
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
All checked in!!!!! I realized during my lunch break I needed to update the meals and then had to race back to work, I was hoping you'd see them I'm getting excited!!!!! I really like most of the shows, Toy Story I'll probably skip because the actor who played Sid was so scary! And sometimes they'll have magic and hypnotist shows later in the night which are usually very good. There's so much to do its impossible to do it all. Im pretty terrible at trivia so have never done any of those.

I saw them and was so happy. Thank you for making them.

I've read that Toy Story isn't the best show but compared to other cruises, it's Broadway. LOL!

I tried to add myself and it wouldn't let me.


75 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





Last edited by rentayenta; 01-14-2014 at 06:18 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #983
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,481

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER] Thanks! When I checked in I had no idea I needed all of our info like Passport numbers and flight info. You should have seen me scrambling at 5 am.


I'd have gone back to bed and done it in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
You making fun of me? I like some trivia. Joshua does too.
Nope, not making fun at all. We like it...poolside. But sitting inside for it, there are just things we like more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Oooo fun. Just you and Jeff? Why July? PIF date? Does the new 18 month rule apply?
Yep, PIF date. And yep, just us. It's during school. Thankfully no, we are grandfathered in. I think I'd have until November to rebook and then it's 2 years from that date or something like that. Of course realistically I'd have to rebook before the PIF date but we will know by June I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I had this looming fear it would get canceled. I am so happy Thats not the case.......for now. I think I have a little cruise cancel PTSD.
I can see why you would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Cynthia better not cancel her cruise since that's the cruise I'm on!

Jill in CO
Well I don't want to, or really plan to cancel. However...Evan's "extra" band trip to DLR in April is basically using up the funds I'd planned for the cruise so it's more a matter of whether we can pull all of that off I hope so, I really do, but need to crunch the numbers and may not have a good feel until after the April and May trips. We'd also like to do Aulani next mid winter or spring break and well, it all just might be pushing it a bit. The cruise itself isn't bad at all of course but add on flights and it all kind of at the same time or on the heels of the spring trips and well, timing isn't exactly ideal.

Not to mention K's tuition bill starting up right then.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #984
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Well I don't want to, or really plan to cancel. However...Evan's "extra" band trip to DLR in April is basically using up the funds I'd planned for the cruise so it's more a matter of whether we can pull all of that off I hope so, I really do, but need to crunch the numbers and may not have a good feel until after the April and May trips. We'd also like to do Aulani next mid winter or spring break and well, it all just might be pushing it a bit. The cruise itself isn't bad at all of course but add on flights and it all kind of at the same time or on the heels of the spring trips and well, timing isn't exactly ideal.

Not to mention K's tuition bill starting up right then.
I hear ya! I've questioned my sanity with this cruise more than once!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #985
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm all checked in:





I see our Palo reservations Pam. Woot woot! It feels super real now.


NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #986
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,470

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I saw them and was so happy. Thank you for making them.

I've read that Toy Story isn't the best show but compared to other cruises, it's Broadway. LOL!

I tried to add myself and it wouldn't let me.


75 days!!!
I wonder why it wouldn't let you? I ended up canceling the first ones I made because it said I'd have to call to modify them. The times were still available so that was easier to do. I can't wait to see what you think!

Toy Story is good, it pretty much follows movie # 1, but seriously, Sid made me uncomfortable. It was a girl playing him, and she had the worst scary laugh/cackle ever. All the shows are really good though. You think you'll go to them? I think on Toy Story night I might find myself in the Rainforest room for a few hours. What's really cool is if you skip the show the rest of the ship is practically a ghost town since first seating is at dinner and most people are at the show.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #987
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I wonder why it wouldn't let you? I ended up canceling the first ones I made because it said I'd have to call to modify them. The times were still available so that was easier to do. I can't wait to see what you think!

Toy Story is good, it pretty much follows movie # 1, but seriously, Sid made me uncomfortable. It was a girl playing him, and she had the worst scary laugh/cackle ever. All the shows are really good though. You think you'll go to them? I think on Toy Story night I might find myself in the Rainforest room for a few hours. What's really cool is if you skip the show the rest of the ship is practically a ghost town since first seating is at dinner and most people are at the show.
OMG. Sid totally creeped/freaked the boys out.

Which I guess is kind of the point of Sid but still....it was weird.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 AM   #988
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,470

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
OMG. Sid totally creeped/freaked the boys out.

Which I guess is kind of the point of Sid but still....it was weird.
He was aweful!!! Scarier than the movie!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #989
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post


I'd have gone back to bed and done it in the evening.

Nope, not making fun at all. We like it...poolside. But sitting inside for it, there are just things we like more.
Yep, PIF date. And yep, just us. It's during school. Thankfully no, we are grandfathered in. I think I'd have until November to rebook and then it's 2 years from that date or something like that. Of course realistically I'd have to rebook before the PIF date but we will know by June I am sure.

I can see why you would!

Well I don't want to, or really plan to cancel. However...Evan's "extra" band trip to DLR in April is basically using up the funds I'd planned for the cruise so it's more a matter of whether we can pull all of that off I hope so, I really do, but need to crunch the numbers and may not have a good feel until after the April and May trips. We'd also like to do Aulani next mid winter or spring break and well, it all just might be pushing it a bit. The cruise itself isn't bad at all of course but add on flights and it all kind of at the same time or on the heels of the spring trips and well, timing isn't exactly ideal.

Not to mention K's tuition bill starting up right then.


College tuition? I'm in denial.

I really hope you get to take the cruise. What a fun adult only trip. I need to decide what I want to book on board. I want to take advantage of the discount as well as put down less of a deposit. I was going to do that whole dummy booking but that doesn't seem to be a viable option anymore.

Gosh, Disney April and May. You're living life right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I hear ya! I've questioned my sanity with this cruise more than once!

Jill in CO
I question mine every time I book a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I wonder why it wouldn't let you? I ended up canceling the first ones I made because it said I'd have to call to modify them. The times were still available so that was easier to do. I can't wait to see what you think!

Toy Story is good, it pretty much follows movie # 1, but seriously, Sid made me uncomfortable. It was a girl playing him, and she had the worst scary laugh/cackle ever. All the shows are really good though. You think you'll go to them? I think on Toy Story night I might find myself in the Rainforest room for a few hours. What's really cool is if you skip the show the rest of the ship is practically a ghost town since first seating is at dinner and most people are at the show.
I hated Sid in the movie, I can't imagine him worse. That laugh......

It said I had to call. I took that as not being able to as everything else had a working link. for doing that.

I'm excited for late dining too. Joshua might not be because his buddies won't be late but I read the counselors come grab the kids in the dining room before the fun begins.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
OMG. Sid totally creeped/freaked the boys out.

Which I guess is kind of the point of Sid but still....it was weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
He was aweful!!! Scarier than the movie!
Joshua scares easily. If I sing the Freddy Kruger song, he won't sleep alone for a week.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #990
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,262

20 days until Mexico!!!




73 days until the Wonder!!!





__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: