Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #961
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

26 days until Mexico!!!




81 days until the Wonder!!!









Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I know, I've been such a wimbler with decisions on this trip It looks really great, 3.5 - 4 hours, 30 minutes at each reef, snorkle equipment included. I absolutely love anything and everything to do with water. I was really excited and glad I had decided and booked something, and then thought I wouldn't be able to sleep in.... Its from 9:45-1:45. So in order to get ready, have breakfast, and be to the meeting place on time I would have to wake up at 7:30. While a perfectly plausible idea I cherish my sleeping in on vacation. I'll just thoroughly enjoy the water on CC day.



Good think you looked at the time. It looks really fun though. Either way, Cozumel will be a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
You are going to love the Rainforest room!!! It is truly heavenly

I'm starting to get in the 'it feels real' phase

Bonus on the OBC!

I think it's only $50 but that's a Drink of the Day for 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You'll love the Rainforest Room!

Jill in CO

Any suggestions? I know there are heated tile loungers but that's about all I know.




And I'm a total space cadet. We are flying United to Mexico.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751






Last edited by rentayenta; 01-12-2014 at 03:22 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #962
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

23 days until Mexico!!!



77 days until the Wonder!!!



In 2 days, on 1/14 I can check in for the cruise and make any sort of reservations through Disney. In Cozumel we are doing Nachi Cocum which I reserved through Nachi. On CC, I don't think there's anything to reserve. From what I have read, bikes and tubes can be rented while on CC and there's no real need to reserve sooner. Any thoughts on this?

Pam is going to add me to our Palo reservations.

Do I need to reserve my Rainforest Day ahead of time?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751






Last edited by rentayenta; 01-12-2014 at 04:07 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #963
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,648

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
22 days until Mexico!!!



77 days until the Wonder!!!



In 2 days, on 1/14 I can check in for the cruise and make any sort of reservations through Disney. In Cozumel we are doing Nachi Cocum which I reserved through Nachi. On CC, I don't think there's anything to reserve. From what I have read, bikes and tubes can be rented while on CC and there's no real need to reserve sooner. Any thoughts on this?

Pam is going to add me to our Palo reservations.

Do I need to reserve my Rainforest Day ahead of time?

Yay!

No need to reserve bikes and tubes...there should be plenty there. Just show up for the Rainforest Room.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #964
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yay!

No need to reserve bikes and tubes...there should be plenty there. Just show up for the Rainforest Room.

Jill in CO

Cool on both counts Jill, thanks! I know they sell only a certain number of Rainforest Room passes per day; do I need to decide what day I'm going?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #965
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,648

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Cool on both counts Jill, thanks! I know they sell only a certain number of Rainforest Room passes per day; do I need to decide what day I'm going?
I never had to...I just showed up. I'm thinking the "limited # of passes" is hype to sell them

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #966
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I never had to...I just showed up. I'm thinking the "limited # of passes" is hype to sell them

Jill in CO

Ahh, gothcha. Well it worked on me. Good to know. It's so hard to predict what activities Joshua will like but I know he'll love the sports deck on the Wonder. I was reading a report last night, Alaska trip though, but it showed great pictures of the ship.

Our FE closes 1/31. I have stopped buying little FE trinkets until I know how many families there will be etc. My FE's won't be the same for every family. I am hoping to get to know some of them on the FB page they have. Because this wasn't our original cruise, I'm a little behind. They've had this group for a few months.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #967
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,635

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
23 days until Mexico!!!



77 days until the Wonder!!!



In 2 days, on 1/14 I can check in for the cruise and make any sort of reservations through Disney. In Cozumel we are doing Nachi Cocum which I reserved through Nachi. On CC, I don't think there's anything to reserve. From what I have read, bikes and tubes can be rented while on CC and there's no real need to reserve sooner. Any thoughts on this?

Pam is going to add me to our Palo reservations.

Do I need to reserve my Rainforest Day ahead of time?

I'm not sure that they limit the amount of single day passes they sell, but I know they limit the full length passes so it doesn't get too crowded. You can show up any day to redeem your pass.


You're getting super close to Mexico!!!!!



Did you have a wonderful weekend away from home?
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #968
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,974

I am definitely doing the Rainforest room! Can't wait.

My oldest son's GF is in Cozumel right now and she just texted him a picture of the pool. OMG! I am dying! It looks like heaven there. He's actually taking it well that he wasn't invited to go. Some rich uncle in Cali arranged the whole thing. I just hope she keeps sending those pics! Made me think of you!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #969
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm not sure that they limit the amount of single day passes they sell, but I know they limit the full length passes so it doesn't get too crowded. You can show up any day to redeem your pass.


You're getting super close to Mexico!!!!!



Did you have a wonderful weekend away from home?


It was very nice, thank you. We came home last night though as there was a huge storm scheduled for today. Guess what? Not a flake of snow. I should know by now. But yes, we had a great two days away. It was an easy drive, gorgeous weather, we had three great meals, and met up with some old friends as well as my old doc from my hospital and his wife. Good times. I had a nice size hangover Friday morning.

What do you like best in the Rainforest Room? Is the pass good for all day or like an hour or two. Guess I should have asked when I booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am definitely doing the Rainforest room! Can't wait.

My oldest son's GF is in Cozumel right now and she just texted him a picture of the pool. OMG! I am dying! It looks like heaven there. He's actually taking it well that he wasn't invited to go. Some rich uncle in Cali arranged the whole thing. I just hope she keeps sending those pics! Made me think of you!

Yay for pics. What hotel is she at? Where are our rich California uncles? I've got two alcoholic ones and one in jail. Not kidding.

Your son is a good sport for not being upset. I'd be pissed.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #970
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,635

Too funny about the storm. I rarely look at the weather here, they're always wrong.

Glad you had a great weekend

Your day pass is good for all day. You can come and go as many times as you want.

Here are some pictures of the RR







One of the steam rooms



Heated tile loungers





And my favorite



These are very hot tile seats, like a dry sauna




Sorry if you've seen these before, they're from my Wonder TR.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #971
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Thanks for the photos Pam. Ahhhh, I'm so excited! It looks wonderful.

Swim attire I'm guessing?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #972
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,635

If youre just going to lounge on the loungers it would probably be fine just to wear regular clothes, but two of the saunas are wet saunas so you'll want your bathing suit for that. They have robes and towels available too.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #973
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,635

I love that you think of the OBC in terms of 5 DOD!

I look forward to hearing what you think about the rainforest room, I'd like to look into that if Jeff and I do our cruise in September. I did go the spa for a mani/pedi and used the gym but that was it, I think I'll look into a lot more if we actually go on this cruise.

Sun is on the horizon for you!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #974
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
If youre just going to lounge on the loungers it would probably be fine just to wear regular clothes, but two of the saunas are wet saunas so you'll want your bathing suit for that. They have robes and towels available too.

Excellent. I've been talking with a friend on FB who's been on 3 Disney cruises and I can't believe how much there is to do. Do you attend any of the trivia games or night shows?


Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love that you think of the OBC in terms of 5 DOD!

I keep good company.

Quote:
I look forward to hearing what you think about the rainforest room, I'd like to look into that if Jeff and I do our cruise in September. I did go the spa for a mani/pedi and used the gym but that was it, I think I'll look into a lot more if we actually go on this cruise.

What cruise are you looking at in September? I'll let you know how I like it and what I did. I figured if I bought the pass, I'd have to try it. I can't let 18.88 go to waste.


Quote:
Sun is on the horizon for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ma'am it is and I am elated. It's been dark and hazy and smoggy with just glimpses of sunshine for weeks here.




22 days until Mexico!!!!



76 days until the Wonder!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #975
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,475

I'm all checked in:





I see our Palo reservations Pam. Woot woot! It feels super real now.


__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: