Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #946
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Between your Mexico plans and my mom texting me pics from key west I'm going crazy! I'm ready for spring and we have at least 3 more months to go!

Jill in CO
I know girl, it's so cold this year. I'll send you warm vibes from Mexico. I keep forgetting that DH has a conference this weekend in St. George, Utah. It's about 5 hours south of us and 30* warmer. Im tagging along. I'm hoping to hike some red rock, I'll post pics. We leave Thursday after the kids to to school, we'll be home Sunday afternoon. The hotel was booked by the FD and while not great, it's FREE plus he gets a small per diem.

This winter is going to a looooong one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Your Mexico plans sound wonderful

I'm crazy excited.

Quote:
Does Joshua need a passport? Or just his birth certificate?

The kids all have passports. We got them this summer. A good friend is a refugee from Bosnia and at her urging we got them all passports. She said to get them before we need them. So we did. Now of course, it just makes me want to take them all somewhere so they can use them.

Quote:
The problem with my Visa is that my payment wasn't going through. As of 5:00 this morning the cruise is paid for and I just booked Palo. I technically couldn't book you since your window hasn't opened yet, but I still booked a time and will add you once the 14th comes. There are tons of slots open, for dinner: 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30. I booked 8:00, or would you rather another time? And for brunch I booked 10:00 am. That was the earliest, other times are 10:30, 11, 11:30, 12, and 12:30.

I'm glad you are PIF. Thanks for booking it. 8:00 sounds perfect. I've got a some great answers from the CM on the kids' club thread. I'm thinking Joshua will really like it, lots of active activities.

10:00 sounds great too. I'm so excited to try both.

Quote:
ETA: I forgot to comment about the spa. The bamboo is the only specialty one I've done. I haven't done many massages in my life but it was so relaxing! I'll probably just do a swedish massage unless the discounts are fabulous. The only one I'm seeing online is 50 minutes and I'd like a longer one if possible. I'm still not sure about getting a Rainforest pass. Since the weather should be beautiful I might just lounge out by the pool. I did love that dry sauna room though!
I don't know if I'll buy a Rainforest pass but I'd like to try it once. Does it get pretty crowded?

Quote:
Thank you about the welcome to Nachi, I really appreciate it I'm leaning towards staying onboard but I need to seriously sit down and look at all the options.

You're welcome. Staying on board might be nice with 8 ships in port!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #947
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm crazy excited.
Hopefully time flies by and you're enjoying the sun in no time!

Quote:
The kids all have passports. We got them this summer. A good friend is a refugee from Bosnia and at her urging we got them all passports. She said to get them before we need them. So we did. Now of course, it just makes me want to take them all somewhere so they can use them.
Sounds like a good plan!

Quote:
I'm glad you are PIF. Thanks for booking it. 8:00 sounds perfect. I've got a some great answers from the CM on the kids' club thread. I'm thinking Joshua will really like it, lots of active activities.

10:00 sounds great too. I'm so excited to try both.
And we can always change if he ends up not clicking with the other kids.

Quote:

I don't know if I'll buy a Rainforest pass but I'd like to try it once. Does it get pretty crowded?
They only sell a certain amount of passes so it doesn't get crowded.

Quote:
You're welcome. Staying on board might be nice with 8 ships in port!
Thats in the back of my mind too! Thats a lot of people!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #948
rentayenta

Quote:
Hopefully time flies by and you're enjoying the sun in no time!

Sounds like a good plan!

And we can always change if he ends up not clicking with the other kids.

They only sell a certain amount of passes so it doesn't get crowded.

Thats in the back of my mind too! Thats a lot of people!!!

I think 8 ships is a lot too. Something like 23,000 people if they all disembark. At least the times are somewhat staggered.

I'm glad they limit the passes. I was envisioning all of us moms who ditch our kids and heading right for the rain forest room.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #949
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
I think 8 ships is a lot too. Something like 23,000 people if they all disembark. At least the times are somewhat staggered.

I'm glad they limit the passes. I was envisioning all of us moms who ditch our kids and heading right for the rain forest room.
You can buy a single day pass ahead of time for $16 which is quite a bit cheaper than on the ship. It doesn't give you the scrubs that you get with the more expensive pass on board.

HTH

Jill in CO
Old 01-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #950
rentayenta

Quote:
You can buy a single day pass ahead of time for $16 which is quite a bit cheaper than on the ship. It doesn't give you the scrubs that you get with the more expensive pass on board.

HTH

Jill in CO

Great tip Jill, thanks! Do I have to wait until my 75 day mark? I'm not seeing a place to buy it when I log in. I'm going to grab one. I'm thinking I'll at least try it out. Watch, I'll make all these plans and Joshua won't leave my side.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #951
jedijill

It's listed under the gift section. I just called DCL and ordered it. I had a card in the room with it listed when I got to my cabin.

Jill in CO
Old 01-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #952
rentayenta

Quote:
It's listed under the gift section. I just called DCL and ordered it. I had a card in the room with it listed when I got to my cabin.

Jill in CO

Then I'm calling. Can't wait. It's feeling more real everyday.

I think I'm going to rebook Alaska on board. I think now the cruise has to be taken within 18 months of booking. Bummer it got changed but 18 months is till a decent amount of time. I guess because I haven't experienced any different, I don't know any better.

My ticker always seems a day or two off but I think I figured it out.

27 days until Zihua!!!

82 days until our cruise!!!

Old 01-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #953
Pinkocto

Double dancing!!!

Well, I went through all the excursions, looked at Nachi again, and ended up booking the 3 Reef Snorkle. Within minutes I canceled it I'm just going to sleep in and enjoy the ship. Might do another massage. Whew! That took me a good while to figure out...

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #954
rentayenta

Quote:
Double dancing!!!

Well, I went through all the excursions, looked at Nachi again, and ended up booking the 3 Reef Snorkle. Within minutes I canceled it I'm just going to sleep in and enjoy the ship. Might do another massage. Whew! That took me a good while to figure out...

So funny. I need to look at the 3 Reef Snorkel. Or do I? I need to stick with my decisions as well.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #955
rentayenta

Pam, I called and bought my one day Rainforest Pass. It was $18.88 including tax. I had a whopping $3.65 on my Rewards Card so needless to say I was laughing when she said I will owed $15. I confirmed Joshua's gifts to this cruise as when I ordered them, we were booked on the January cruise. I also confirmed my OBC but she couldn't tell me how much. She said she thinks its $50. She also reminded me to book anything on January 14 and to check in and get our boarding time. I'm freaking out!

Old 01-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #956
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Your Mexico trip sounds like great fun! I hope you have fun in the Sun and get out of that cold!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #957
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Your Mexico trip sounds like great fun! I hope you have fun in the Sun and get out of that cold!

Thanks friend. I'm super excited. It just snowing again. Did you see our condo on the side of that hill? The hotel last time, was steep enough. I told Michael he's going to have to sling me over his shoulder and carry me up especially after dos por uno.

It feels good to have some loose ends with the cruise wrapped up.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #958
Pinkocto

Quote:
So funny. I need to look at the 3 Reef Snorkel. Or do I? I need to stick with my decisions as well.
I know, I've been such a wimbler with decisions on this trip It looks really great, 3.5 - 4 hours, 30 minutes at each reef, snorkle equipment included. I absolutely love anything and everything to do with water. I was really excited and glad I had decided and booked something, and then thought I wouldn't be able to sleep in.... Its from 9:45-1:45. So in order to get ready, have breakfast, and be to the meeting place on time I would have to wake up at 7:30. While a perfectly plausible idea I cherish my sleeping in on vacation. I'll just thoroughly enjoy the water on CC day.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 01-07-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #959
Pinkocto

Quote:
Pam, I called and bought my one day Rainforest Pass. It was $18.88 including tax. I had a whopping $3.65 on my Rewards Card so needless to say I was laughing when she said I will owed $15. I confirmed Joshua's gifts to this cruise as when I ordered them, we were booked on the January cruise. I also confirmed my OBC but she couldn't tell me how much. She said she thinks its $50. She also reminded me to book anything on January 14 and to check in and get our boarding time. I'm freaking out!
You are going to love the Rainforest room!!! It is truly heavenly

I'm starting to get in the 'it feels real' phase

Bonus on the OBC!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #960
jedijill

Quote:
You'll love the Rainforest Room!

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: