Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #901
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great ideas. I think food/candy is the way to go. I like the magnet idea too. What did you get printed on them?

I like the theme idea. I think we're known for Salt Water Taffy here. Hmm....And green jello. Too bad beer would be such a pita to carry on. We've got great local breweries that play on Utah's abnormalities like polygamy etc....
Here is what I put together and had printed at Vistaprint.

Jill in CO
Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #902
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Here is what I put together and had printed at Vistaprint.

Jill in CO

That is awesome! How did you do that? Was Vista Print $$?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #903
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
No worries yes, land in Fort Lauderdale and get to the hotel. Some of them have complimentary shuttles from the airport. If it's one of the hotels SAS picks up from they will get you in the morning at your hotel and drive you to the port which is about 45 minutes away.

Are your friends rates good? Might be a better fit for a nice hotel and a taxi fare. SAS will pick up from the Port of Miami and take you back to FLL. You don't have to use them for both ways either if you end up at a different hotel.

I'm sure you could work around the hotel issue, SAS picks up from FLL and if you can easily get back to the airport in the morning you could ask them to pick you up from there.

I've used the online form and they get back to you quite quickly. You could always ask about a hotel that's not on their list, they might be flexible.

It is getting close!!!!

The rates are okay but nothing great. I'm guessing due to Spring Break? Does the hotel you booked have a shuttle?

I'm leaning towards our friend's house. It'll save like $300 between the hotel and transportation. I'd love to see them, it's Michael's best friend, but one night is hard sometimes especially needing a good nights sleep. I sleep fine in a hotel room but not fabulous in other people's homes. At the very least we could meet them in the evening for dinner if they'll come to Fort Lauderdale.

For hotels I'm looking closely at this Hilton. It's on SAS's list.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/flo...RHH/index.html

We won't have a hotel after the cruise. We've got a 2:30 flight out of Fort Laderdale. As I think about it, that may be the time to see our friends if we don't stay there on arrival night. Less stress and plenty of time before the flight and after disembarkation.

If I sound like a confused hot mess, it's because I am.

Quote:
37 days is close!!!!!

Its super close. I'm crazy excited. I'll go into more detail soon. I love Zihua and can't wait to share it with everyone.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #904
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
That is awesome! How did you do that? Was Vista Print $$?
Thanks! I just used clip art from the Internet and used Powerpoint to build it. I think Vistaprint worked out to about $1/magnet.

Jill in CO
Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #905
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Thanks! I just used clip art from the Internet and used Powerpoint to build it. I think Vistaprint worked out to about $1/magnet.

Jill in CO

Thats not bad at all. I'm going to try to figure something out. I'm the least crafty person ever.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #906
rentayenta

89 days!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #907
rentayenta

88 days!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #908
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

How did I miss two countdowns!

I'm beyond excited!!!!!!!

The Hilton looks very nice. I'm going to take pictures of mine, we'll have to compare. I'm so worried there's going to be bugs everywhere

I understand completely about getting together/not getting together with your friends. Sometimes it's too much. Saving $300 sounds fabulous though. Would they be able to drive you to the port?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #909
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thanks for all the information, planning stuff ladies! We are now all set for our Ft. Lauderdale trip!

I'll post this later in the PTR when I get to it, but now we are staying at the Extended Stay America on October 29-31. Does SAS take you from the Airport to hotels or only the port? This hotel says they have an airport shuttle, but you have to call for details.

We can go to the publix across the street for Mtn Dew, wine and other carry ons. The biggest thing is that our plane leaves John Wayne Airport at 11:00AM, so at least we will get some breakfast before leaving. We have a three and a half hour layover in DFW and then we get into Ft Lauderdale at 11:00PM.

I know I'll be hungry once we get to the hotel so I'll bring some pasta and something in a can that I can make a sauce with. I told Fran that If she doesn't want pasta with tomatoes, or linguine and clams, she needs to pick out a can of soup or something I can make her in the room.

We can get our sodas at Publix across the St. and anything else that we want. The hotel is on the SAS list. I hope that they will take Fran's scooter. Then the hotel where our convention is after the cruise is also on the SAS list. So we can get a ride back too!

I need to find the place where I can email them and find out how much more it will cost us with all our additional baggage.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #910
Pinkocto

Hi Alison, here's the link to the SAS reservation page. You might want to call them about the extra luggage and scooter but they're a very easy company to work with, I'm sure they'll be able to take care of you and Fran.

http://www.ridesas.com/html/reservations.html

I'll use them any time I fly into FLL, they were great last year. I'm not sure about going from FLL to the hotel, I'd ask them about that too. I just read everything on their rate page and it says requests after 6:00 pm will not be taken, so you'll probably need to get the hotel shuttle from the airport.

I'm glad your trip is coming together!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 01-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #911
Pinkocto

Jenny, my final change has occurred. I'll now be staying at the Ramada the night before the cruise. It's nonrefundable so I better not change. The reason why I changed from the Red Carpet is because their free airport shuttle ends at 10:00 and I'll be getting in at 10:10. The Ramada is also cheaper at $119 with all the taxes and fees. I've sent SAS a reservation request this morning so I should be all set. Have you decided what you're going to do?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #912
rentayenta

Quote:
How did I miss two countdowns!

I'm beyond excited!!!!!!!

Me too!!!!!

Quote:
The Hilton looks very nice. I'm going to take pictures of mine, we'll have to compare. I'm so worried there's going to be bugs everywhere
It is nice but its $$$. I am having a hard time finding anything decent for under $200 with taxes. The Hilton does;t look close to anything though and that's got me double guessing. Why is this such a difficult decision?

Quote:
I understand completely about getting together/not getting together with your friends. Sometimes it's too much. Saving $300 sounds fabulous though. Would they be able to drive you to the port?
Yes, they would do it all. They live in Coconut Grove. Michael thinks we should stay there, not because of the money, but because they are our friends. I haven't seen them in a few years. Michael goes to Miami twice a year so he's seen them. I think we land about 6:30 or so so we would't have a ton of time together. I'd just use SAS to the airport post cruise. I can do that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thanks for all the information, planning stuff ladies! We are now all set for our Ft. Lauderdale trip!
How are you set and I'm not?

Quote:
I'll post this later in the PTR when I get to it, but now we are staying at the Extended Stay America on October 29-31. Does SAS take you from the Airport to hotels or only the port? This hotel says they have an airport shuttle, but you have to call for details.
Extended Stays are nice.

Quote:
We can go to the publix across the street for Mtn Dew, wine and other carry ons. The biggest thing is that our plane leaves John Wayne Airport at 11:00AM, so at least we will get some breakfast before leaving. We have a three and a half hour layover in DFW and then we get into Ft Lauderdale at 11:00PM.
I don't think I'm going to stop at the store. I don't know that we'll need it. I'm sure after the cruise I will wish I had grabbed something but as of now, I can't think of anything I need badly enough. What am I missing? The only thing I can think of that I'd miss is my fat free vanilla Coffeemate creamer but without a fridge, I'm not sure what I'd do with it anyway.

Quote:
I know I'll be hungry once we get to the hotel so I'll bring some pasta and something in a can that I can make a sauce with. I told Fran that If she doesn't want pasta with tomatoes, or linguine and clams, she needs to pick out a can of soup or something I can make her in the room.
Does she not like pasta? Is the Extended Stay near any good eats?

Quote:
We can get our sodas at Publix across the St. and anything else that we want. The hotel is on the SAS list. I hope that they will take Fran's scooter. Then the hotel where our convention is after the cruise is also on the SAS list. So we can get a ride back too!

I need to find the place where I can email them and find out how much more it will cost us with all our additional baggage.

How do you keep your soda cold on the ship? Can you get room service ice or are there ice machines like in hotels?

Quote:
Jenny, my final change has occurred. I'll now be staying at the Ramada the night before the cruise. It's nonrefundable so I better not change. The reason why I changed from the Red Carpet is because their free airport shuttle ends at 10:00 and I'll be getting in at 10:10. The Ramada is also cheaper at $119 with all the taxes and fees. I've sent SAS a reservation request this morning so I should be all set. Have you decided what you're going to do?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Happy New Year!

Final change? $119? Really? Whats the link? I may have to follow you there. The Ramada has a free shuttle? Thats a great pre-pay rate.

Not yet. I want to see our friends but want a hotel because it's way less hassle. I hope that doesn't sound mean. I'd love to see them if we could really relax and enjoy their company. I fear 3-5 hours would just stress me out and it's asking a lot I think from our end; pick us up, host us, drop us off. I don't want to be a headache either.

87 days!!!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #913
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

How are you set and I'm not?
I'm obviously not completely set as I didn't notice SAS doesn't do after 6PM. I have to arrange transport from airport to hotel.

Quote:
Extended Stays are nice.
I definitely like them!

Quote:

I don't think I'm going to stop at the store. I don't know that we'll need it. I'm sure after the cruise I will wish I had grabbed something but as of now, I can't think of anything I need badly enough. What am I missing? The only thing I can think of that I'd miss is my fat free vanilla Coffeemate creamer but without a fridge, I'm not sure what I'd do with it anyway.
There is a "cool box" in the rooms. They don't call them fridges but they do keep stuff cool. Perfect for sodas and wine.

Quote:
Does she not like pasta? Is the Extended Stay near any good eats?
There is plenty nearby to get lunch and dinner the day after we arrive, but with an 11PM landing time, by the time we get our bags and get to the hotel it will be well after midnight and I'm sure none of the little places nearby will be open. Plus Fran won't want go there. She likes pasta but not necessarily the two recipes that I can make out of a can. Angel hair pasta with tomatoes and basil or linguine and clams

Quote:

How do you keep your soda cold on the ship? Can you get room service ice or are there ice machines like in hotels?
As I said there is a chillbox in the room. Keeps drinks cold, but I wouldn't bet a roast on it!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #914
Pinkocto

Heres the link. Im locked in, no cancellations. Which is just as well because now I dont have to think about it. SAS is booked too. Everything is coming together

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Florida.html

Previously this one was $175 so I guess they're doing a special. Its only through expedia and travelocity though, through Ramadas site its $150 plus taxes.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 01-02-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #915
rentayenta

I'll be back to reply but wanted to post a pic of our FE. Obviously the names are different. The top pocket will say Sheets Family. The Mickey pocket will say Parents and the Minnie pockets will say Kids. I didn't want to pony up for 5 pockets so I thought this was a cute alternative to encompass us all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: