Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #886
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Single digits? Whats our number? I'm so glad I booked my flights, they went up again. Did you hear about the Delta fiasco yesterday? Delta had a huge site glitch and flights were n sanely cheap, like $60 rt to Hawaii etc. Delta is honoring the mistakes. I almost checked my LAX to SLC leg post Mexico. Wish I would have. Who knows, I might be going to Hawaii if I had.

Glad you got your hotel taken care of. I'm still looking, I can't decide. If I find one cheaper, I'll let you know. I need to check our meet thread. Any word on an FE?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #887
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Single digits? Whats our number? I'm so glad I booked my flights, they went up again. Did you hear about the Delta fiasco yesterday? Delta had a huge site glitch and flights were n sanely cheap, like $60 rt to Hawaii etc. Delta is honoring the mistakes. I almost checked my LAX to SLC leg post Mexico. Wish I would have. Who knows, I might be going to Hawaii if I had.

Glad you girls are getting closer and closer to the big day!

I heard about the Delta mess. I heard some one way fares were going for as low as $9. Seriously?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #888
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Glad you girls are getting closer and closer to the big day!

I heard about the Delta mess. I heard some one way fares were going for as low as $9. Seriously?

I can't believe they're honoring the fares. I wish I was taking part in it. Hawaii for $60 round trip? Pencil me in! I've never been.

Yes, we're inching closer to the cruise. I need to wrap up two reports in the next week. I usually don't slack like this.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #889
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:

Glad you got your hotel taken care of. I'm still looking, I can't decide. If I find one cheaper, I'll let you know. I need to check our meet thread. Any word on an FE?
Double digits, sadly not single digits yet. I was worried I wrote the wrong thing.

91 Days!!!

I heard something about the Delta thing but had no idea the extent of it, wow!

I havent heard anything new on the FE. Somebody said it was up to 18 cabins, if so I'm not going to join, that's too much traipsing around for me. But I'll have something for you and Joshua.

Im not too happy with the hotel but I figured I better get something. I'd actually prefer to fly in the day of the cruise but the earliest flight is too late for comfort. I also changed the rental car for post cruise since I'll need it longer. Only thing left to do is book the flight home and do my last payment.

Im glad you got your flights before they went up again.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #890
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Double digits, sadly not single digits yet. I was worried I wrote the wrong thing.

91 Days!!!

I heard something about the Delta thing but had no idea the extent of it, wow!

I havent heard anything new on the FE. Somebody said it was up to 18 cabins, if so I'm not going to join, that's too much traipsing around for me. But I'll have something for you and Joshua.

Im not too happy with the hotel but I figured I better get something. I'd actually prefer to fly in the day of the cruise but the earliest flight is too late for comfort. I also changed the rental car for post cruise since I'll need it longer. Only thing left to do is book the flight home and do my last payment.

Im glad you got your flights before they went up again.

Oops, I meant double. 91 days is so close.

18 cabins on the FE? Do I get each person a gift or each cabin? Is it a gift per day? I may have to rethink it. I donut now how tied to delivering I want to be on our first cruise. I have a few things for you too though. :good vibes

I'll keep you posted on what I find hotel wise. Does SAS have a list of hotels they will transport from? I'll let you share any deal I can find through my Marriott/Hilton friend. You booked your SAS right?

Our last payment is due 1/14/14. I put post it on my work computer to remind me.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #891
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So where are you ladies staying before your cruise? I just started looking into stays before our October cruise. I figured I better start thinking about it.

I guess that there aren't any free shuttles.

As far as FE gifts you can do either. Our first cruise we tried to do individually specific gifts, for our second cruise, we did more "for the cabin". Some of the favorites that I received were tootsie roll containers that had a slit cut in the top so that they could be a piggy bank after the tootsie rolls were eaten They had done a cute label on the printer explaining what they were for. The sticker was placed around the tube. We ate all the tootsie rolls and left the tubes. We have a cat litter container for our change.

The worst gift we got was one of those glass blocks painted with a Mickey head and also made into a bank. Yeah, like I'm taking that back on the plane. We abandoned it in the room.

We like food and candy, magnets are good too. There was another gift that was really cool. Someone took a potholder, sewed some snack baggies into the middle and then made a latch to secure it closed. The little baggies had all sorts of stuff you might need on a trip, bandaids, safety pins, shout wipes, antacids, gum, all kinds of little things. I haven't used much of it but I keep throwing the little thing in on my trips cause there is so much useful stuff in there.

The people who give us a paintbrush to "brush the sand" off our feet from being on the beach make me want to
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #892
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So where are you ladies staying before your cruise? I just started looking into stays before our October cruise. I figured I better start thinking about it.

When I first read this, for some reason, I thought I read that you needed a place to stay before our cruise. I was like super excited you changed your cruise to April with us. I have a reservation at some Hampton Inn for a whopping $200 a night but looking for a much cheaper option. We've always got our friends in Miami but sometimes it's hard to make one night work. We'll see though.

Quote:
I guess that there aren't any free shuttles.
There may be. I just don't know where to look.

Quote:
As far as FE gifts you can do either. Our first cruise we tried to do individually specific gifts, for our second cruise, we did more "for the cabin". Some of the favorites that I received were tootsie roll containers that had a slit cut in the top so that they could be a piggy bank after the tootsie rolls were eaten They had done a cute label on the printer explaining what they were for. The sticker was placed around the tube. We ate all the tootsie rolls and left the tubes. We have a cat litter container for our change.

Thanks for the good gift ideas. I'd hate to waste time and money on junk. No really. Right now, I have a few good things , I don't want to spill the beans. I'll PM you and see what you think.

I'm thinking cabin gifts if there are really 18 of them.

Quote:
The worst gift we got was one of those glass blocks painted with a Mickey head and also made into a bank. Yeah, like I'm taking that back on the plane. We abandoned it in the room.

I can not imagine the crap that gets abandoned. That's my issue. I'll bring it ALL home and never throw it away. I have every ticket we've ever had. Hell, I keep Disney envelopes from the mail. Michael finally made me a huge file as I had it all stuffed under our bed.

Quote:
We like food and candy, magnets are good too. There was another gift that was really cool. Someone took a potholder, sewed some snack baggies into the middle and then made a latch to secure it closed. The little baggies had all sorts of stuff you might need on a trip, bandaids, safety pins, shout wipes, antacids, gum, all kinds of little things. I haven't used much of it but I keep throwing the little thing in on my trips cause there is so much useful stuff in there.

I think candy is a great idea especially to have during the movies. What does DCL charge for movie candy anyway?

That potholder idea is cute but I'm not crafty at all.

Quote:
The people who give us a paintbrush to "brush the sand" off our feet from being on the beach make me want to

Thats hilarious. Like a little paintbrush?

If Pam closes her eyes, I can post what I've got so far. Is it supposed to be a secret? I haven't a clue if any of the folks from our meet thread are reading this.

Last edited by rentayenta; 12-28-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #893
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
When I first read this, for some reason, I thought I read that you needed a place to stay before our cruise. I was like super excited you changed your cruise to April with us. I have a reservation at some Hampton Inn for a whopping $200 a night but looking for a much cheaper option. We've always got our friends in Miami but sometimes it's hard to make one night work. We'll see though.
Send me an email. I HATE DIS PMs!!!!!!

Quote:
[
Thanks for the good gift ideas. I'd hate to waste time and money on junk. No really. Right now, I have a few good things , I don't want to spill the beans. I'll PM you and see what you think.

I'm thinking cabin gifts if there are really 18 of them.

Again Send me an email. I HATE DIS PMs!!!!!!

Quote:
I can not imagine the crap that gets abandoned. That's my issue. I'll bring it ALL home and never throw it away. I have every ticket we've ever had. Hell, I keep Disney envelopes from the mail. Michael finally made me a huge file as I had it all stuffed under our bed.
Some of the stuff will be total crap, some will be cool and you will be the only one to decide, but for us candy and edibles were good. We gave things like Disney notepads and puzzles and pencils, hairclips, all kinds of stuff and have no idea how folks liked our stuff. On our last cruise we had a big bag of tootsie rolls that Fran bought for herself and on the last day she told me to go take them and put them in every FE that I could find, just to get rid of them.

Quote:

I think candy is a great idea especially to have during the movies. What does DCL charge for movie candy anyway?

That potholder idea is cute but I'm not crafty at all.
Well then you don't have to do that one!

Quote:
[[

Thats hilarious. Like a little paintbrush?

If Pam closes her eyes, I can post what I've got so far. Is it supposed to be a secret? I haven't a clue if any of the folks from our meet thread are reading this.
Yeah, like a one inch one. I thought it was a pretty stupid idea since we didn't dock anywhere near a beach and that they thought we would go to a beach. They didn't know Fran was Handicapped, but I still thought it was lame. We actually got them on both our cruises.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #894
Pinkocto

Quote:
Oops, I meant double. 91 days is so close.

18 cabins on the FE? Do I get each person a gift or each cabin? Is it a gift per day? I may have to rethink it. I donut now how tied to delivering I want to be on our first cruise. I have a few things for you too though. :good vibes

I'll keep you posted on what I find hotel wise. Does SAS have a list of hotels they will transport from? I'll let you share any deal I can find through my Marriott/Hilton friend. You booked your SAS right?

Our last payment is due 1/14/14. I put post it on my work computer to remind me.

Yep, here's the page of hotels they pick up from

http://www.ridesas.com/html/area_hotels.html

I went through every one and checked out reviews and prices. I so wish that I had booked that Holiday Inn Express when they had a good price, now it's up to $225 or $240.

I haven't booked my SAS pickup yet, just in case I change the hotel.

When we finally get to single digits my heart might not handle the excitement!!!!

I see Alison answered about the FE. I did close my eyes, so not sure if you wrote anything or not

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 12-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #895
rentayenta

Okay, I am officially losing my mind. The Hampton reservation was for our January cruise. I don't have anything booked yet for March 29. I've been looking at my friend's rates all morning and like none of the SAS hotels are included.

How does that work anyway Pam? Sorry, I'm a little slow, would you mind walking me through this? so we land at Fort Lauderdale and then do I cab/taxi it to my hotel? SAS will transport from hotel to port in the morning right? Then after the cruise, how do I get back from the port to Fort Lauderdale airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Send me an email. I HATE DIS PMs!!!!!!

Again Send me an email. I HATE DIS PMs!!!!!!

Email on the way.

Quote:
Some of the stuff will be total crap, some will be cool and you will be the only one to decide, but for us candy and edibles were good. We gave things like Disney notepads and puzzles and pencils, hairclips, all kinds of stuff and have no idea how folks liked our stuff. On our last cruise we had a big bag of tootsie rolls that Fran bought for herself and on the last day she told me to go take them and put them in every FE that I could find, just to get rid of them.

Joshua would love notepads and puzzles, cute ideas. I need to hit up Target's Dollar section.

Quote:
Yeah, like a one inch one. I thought it was a pretty stupid idea since we didn't dock anywhere near a beach and that they thought we would go to a beach. They didn't know Fran was Handicapped, but I still thought it was lame. We actually got them on both our cruises.

I guess it's cute in the fact that it references CC/beach but how hard is it to wipe your feet and we'll before you get back n the ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Yep, here's the page of hotels they pick up from

http://www.ridesas.com/html/area_hotels.html

I went through every one and checked out reviews and prices. I so wish that I had booked that Holiday Inn Express when they had a good price, now it's up to $225 or $240.

I haven't booked my SAS pickup yet, just in case I change the hotel.

When we finally get to single digits my heart might not handle the excitement!!!!

I see Alison answered about the FE. I did close my eyes, so not sure if you wrote anything or not

You're too cute. I'm going to email her instead as not to blow any surprises.

Do you call SAS or use their online form. Their form looks confusing. I think I need to call.

I've been going through their hotels are morning.my friend hotel deal doesn't have any on the SAS list so I want to route out taxis from hotel to port. If the diff is less than I may skip SAS. I'll keep you posted on what I find.

90 days!!!

90 days is close, I'm kinda freaking out.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #896
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

FE gifts rank up there with the reusable mug, tipping, and main dining room dress code debates on the Dis. I generally put together some sort of candy...last time I found "river rock" candy to make Colorado river Rock bags and then used whoppers to make "Moose poop" bags for the kids. I printed out custom labels for the bags. When I did my Med cruise, I had magnets printed up by Vista print. My favorite gifts have been food/candy themed to where people are from.

18 cabins is a lot...are they going to split it into 2 lists? I generally do 1 gift for all the adults in the room and then 1 gift for each younger kid.

Jill in CO
Old 12-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #897
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
FE gifts rank up there with the reusable mug, tipping, and main dining room dress code debates on the Dis. I generally put together some sort of candy...last time I found "river rock" candy to make Colorado river Rock bags and then used whoppers to make "Moose poop" bags for the kids. I printed out custom labels for the bags. When I did my Med cruise, I had magnets printed up by Vista print. My favorite gifts have been food/candy themed to where people are from.

18 cabins is a lot...are they going to split it into 2 lists? I generally do 1 gift for all the adults in the room and then 1 gift for each younger kid.

Jill in CO

Great ideas. I think food/candy is the way to go. I like the magnet idea too. What did you get printed on them?

I like the theme idea. I think we're known for Salt Water Taffy here. Hmm....And green jello. Too bad beer would be such a pita to carry on. We've got great local breweries that play on Utah's abnormalities like polygamy etc....

Old 12-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #898
rentayenta

Mexico...

I'm going to add a little sidebar trip report to this one for our trip to Zihua, Mexico in just 37 days!! to pass the time as I don't have a lot of cruise info to report and won't until it gets closer.

I'm a freak for reports and I've seen others blend a non-Disney report and other real life events into their Disney reports.

I'll be adding details tonight. It's a trip report writing/catching up kind of day.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #899
Pinkocto

Quote:
Okay, I am officially losing my mind. The Hampton reservation was for our January cruise. I don't have anything booked yet for March 29. I've been looking at my friend's rates all morning and like none of the SAS hotels are included.

How does that work anyway Pam? Sorry, I'm a little slow, would you mind walking me through this? so we land at Fort Lauderdale and then do I cab/taxi it to my hotel? SAS will transport from hotel to port in the morning right? Then after the cruise, how do I get back from the port to Fort Lauderdale airport?
No worries yes, land in Fort Lauderdale and get to the hotel. Some of them have complimentary shuttles from the airport. If it's one of the hotels SAS picks up from they will get you in the morning at your hotel and drive you to the port which is about 45 minutes away.

Are your friends rates good? Might be a better fit for a nice hotel and a taxi fare. SAS will pick up from the Port of Miami and take you back to FLL. You don't have to use them for both ways either if you end up at a different hotel.

I'm sure you could work around the hotel issue, SAS picks up from FLL and if you can easily get back to the airport in the morning you could ask them to pick you up from there.

I've used the online form and they get back to you quite quickly. You could always ask about a hotel that's not on their list, they might be flexible.

Quote:

90 days!!!

90 days is close, I'm kinda freaking out.

It is getting close!!!!

Old 12-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #900
Pinkocto

Quote:
I'm going to add a little sidebar trip report to this one for our trip to Zihua, Mexico in just 37 days!! to pass the time as I don't have a lot of cruise info to report and won't until it gets closer.

I'm a freak for reports and I've seen others blend a non-Disney report and other real life events into their Disney reports.

I'll be adding details tonight. It's a trip report writing/catching up kind of day.

37 days is close!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: