Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-23-2013, 02:40 AM   #856
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,730

23,000 people!

That's more than some of the cities in the SJ Valley!

How do you find out about this? We are pretty much on the same cruise as you two are on in October!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #857
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Pam, I just booked Nachi Cocum for our Cozumel day. I read there will be 8 ships in port that day. I've been to Cabo with 2 ships and it was a zoo. They allow only 100 guests per day. I did a search here and the reviews look good.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/eng/about.cfm

Here's the port schedule for Cozumel too:

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/M...el/April_2014/

If every passenger got off the 8 ships, there would be 23,320 people in port.
We went to Nachi for the exact same reason! It was a nice day, very mellow at the beach and pool, we did wave runners too. My boys want to try Mr Sanchos if we ever go again because of the water toys- similar set up to nachi, without the 100 person limit- which I agree is key on a day with 8 ships in port!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #858
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,552

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Same list we'd talked about before, I think I added one ADR only b/c tuesday they start the CC hold so I kind of went, why not. LOL!

right now we are eating at

Breakfasts: CRT, Boma
Lunch: Via Napoli (this was the add)
Dinner: Cali Grill, Olivia's

Figure Beaches and Cream as a maybe and then the new Morocco sit down once it opens. Haven't heard anything about it lately so no clue if it's on time or not. Really out of the above the only thing we truly "needed" ADR's for (this early anyway) I think were CRT and Cali Grill. And given that I spaced on ADR day and was 2 days late, I was happy to get both without an issue (though I wish the Cali one was a little bit later and may keep trying). Pretty sure we could walk in at Olivia's and possibly even Boma. Everything else is loose, figure it out as we go.
Ok I heard you say it - Don't count you out until you're out. So I'm still crossing my fingers for in.

Really looking forwards to a girls trip because they are always so much more laid back than family trips!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #859
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ok I heard you say it - Don't count you out until you're out. So I'm still crossing my fingers for in. Really looking forwards to a girls trip because they are always so much more laid back than family trips!

I mean it it too. Don't count me out until I'm out. Barely over a week ago we were 99% sure we weren't going to Disneyland this winter, and now its 110% we are going. (I started a ptr if you're interested).

I know I have to figure it out much sooner due to flights and being courteous.

A girls trip sounds amazing especially with you girls!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #860
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,365

I'm totally on the fence between getting off the ship and going to Chankanaab or just staying on and enjoying. I'll be back to Cozumel in May for the cruise with my mom and will do an excursion with her. But I absolutely love swimming in the ocean so am not sure what to do.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #861
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I mean it it too. Don't count me out until I'm out. Barely over a week ago we were 99% sure we weren't going to Disneyland this winter, and now its 110% we are going. (I started a ptr if you're interested).

I know I have to figure it out much sooner due to flights and being courteous.

A girls trip sounds amazing especially with you girls!
Well flights are one thing I guess but the rest, heck you could add the night before and we'd be cool and thrilled you were there. Though 45 days would be ideal for MDE tags But they can add you that day (or maybe it's the day before...it just means going to the counter lol).

Nice thing about May it it isn't peak for anything really quite yet so I'm not sure rate wise there is a huge rush to get a deal.

You are SO not counted out.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #862
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
23,000 people!

That's more than some of the cities in the SJ Valley!

How do you find out about this? We are pretty much on the same cruise as you two are on in October!


Here's the link to the site for our day in Cozumel. Just choose your month and it'll tell you how many and which ships are in port. When I saw 8, I about died.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/M...el/April_2014/

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
We went to Nachi for the exact same reason! It was a nice day, very mellow at the beach and pool, we did wave runners too. My boys want to try Mr Sanchos if we ever go again because of the water toys- similar set up to nachi, without the 100 person limit- which I agree is key on a day with 8 ships in port!

They have wave runners? I booked us there and Joshua would love that. He loves the water. I want to spend a little time in real Mexico but after seeing 8 ships, I'm going for a more mellow vibe. The cost of souvenirs just sky rocketed.

Mr. Sanchos looks good too and I looked there as well but the no limit kept me away. In 2010 when we were in Cabo, just two ships, during Spring Break made the beach insane. We saw one girl, hammered drunk, being drug down the beach by her brother or so he said. I stopped him and asked but there wasn't much I could do. I have no desire to have Joshua witness a scene like that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm totally on the fence between getting off the ship and going to Chankanaab or just staying on and enjoying. I'll be back to Cozumel in May for the cruise with my mom and will do an excursion with her. But I absolutely love swimming in the ocean so am not sure what to do.

That's nice you'll be back so soon so if you're already doing an excursion, staying on the ship is a good idea. What excursion will she want to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well flights are one thing I guess but the rest, heck you could add the night before and we'd be cool and thrilled you were there. Though 45 days would be ideal for MDE tags But they can add you that day (or maybe it's the day before...it just means going to the counter lol).

Nice thing about May it it isn't peak for anything really quite yet so I'm not sure rate wise there is a huge rush to get a deal.

You are SO not counted out.

Flights are tricky but I don't have our flight from LAX to SLC post Zihua booked yet and that's in mid Feb. I only have one way of our flight to Miami booked for the cruise at this point.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #863
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,365

I don't have my flight home either, I'm much more worried about getting there


With mom we're going to do the ruins/beach excursion. I know she will absolutely love the ruins.

For our cruise I'm leaning towards staying on the ship, it just sounds like a nice low key idea. Knowing me I'll want to sleep in and dont like rushing in the morning. I can always swim at CC all day.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #864
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I don't have my flight home either, I'm much more worried about getting there


With mom we're going to do the ruins/beach excursion. I know she will absolutely love the ruins.

For our cruise I'm leaning towards staying on the ship, it just sounds like a nice low key idea. Knowing me I'll want to sleep in and dont like rushing in the morning. I can always swim at CC all day.


Happy Thanksgiving.


My flights are just increasing. I need to bite the bullet and buy already. It's on my list for the minute we get back from Vegas.

Sounds like a perfect day, sleeping in and enjoying the ship. From what I've been reading a lot of people stay on for Nassau and some stay on for Cozumel. D they have any special activities or events for those who stay on the ship? And sales in the stores?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #865
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,851

Yes, we did jetskis at Nachi- they had parasailing, banana boat rides- and the food was pretty yummy! We did not want to leave, you will really enjoy it- are alot of people from the cruise going? That makes it even more fun-

Happy Thanksgiving, girlfriend!! Really thankful I finally got to meet you this year- definitely need more Jenny time in my future!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #866
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,365

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah! How was the drive? Good luck to Joshua and the game


No special activities on the ship, and the shops are only open while we're at sea. But there's still tons to do. And I'm thinking maybe a massage, but I'll do one on the first day so that might be overkill.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #867
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Yes, we did jetskis at Nachi- they had parasailing, banana boat rides- and the food was pretty yummy! We did not want to leave, you will really enjoy it- are alot of people from the cruise going? That makes it even more fun-

Happy Thanksgiving, girlfriend!! Really thankful I finally got to meet you this year- definitely need more Jenny time in my future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah! How was the drive? Good luck to Joshua and the game


No special activities on the ship, and the shops are only open while we're at sea. But there's still tons to do. And I'm thinking maybe a massage, but I'll do one on the first day so that might be overkill.




Hey girls. I don't know how I missed your posts but hope you both had a great Thanksgiving.

Pam, you're at WDW at the VGF and I can't wait to read about it.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #868
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,096

Pam, I finally booked our outbound flights to Fort Lauderdale. SW was having a 25% off points purchase so I bought additional points to add on to the few I had. I saved $100 going this route vs paying cash. $100 is a $100.



Are your flights all purchased? You've still got one way to buy right?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #869
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,365

Awesome!!!! I'll change a flight if it drops $5, $100 I'd be ecstatic! I still have my outbound flight to book. I almost booked it the other day but the site was giving me trouble.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #870
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Awesome!!!! I'll change a flight if it drops $5, $100 I'd be ecstatic! I still have my outbound flight to book. I almost booked it the other day but the site was giving me trouble.

The original flight I wanted is no longer available so I chose the next best flight. Prices are only increasing from SLC so I thought I'd better grab them. Nothing like a little insomnia to do the trick. United was a little less expensive but their baggage fees kill me and they end up being more expensive. Their layovers are not great either. On SW we'll have to change planes in Vegas but that's easy with just the two of us.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: