Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #826
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Bummer for this year but HOORAY for next year!!!!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #827
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I may have spoken too soon.....looks like there will be a trip to So Cal this December.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #828
Pinkocto

Awesome news!!!! That's right around the corner!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 11-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #830
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Awesome news!!!! That's right around the corner!

Its super close. Its not 100% but if Michael takes a job in December, we'll go. If the job falls through, we won't. We're not saying anything to the kids yet. I generally don't love M working so much but it's my constellation.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #831
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

I'm crossing my fingers. But of course I've got a loose plan.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #832
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta

We're going home on Wednesday!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #833
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I may have spoken too soon.....looks like there will be a trip to So Cal this December.
I'm SO far behind, but I am HAPPY to see this awesome news. I am planning on So Cal for spring 2015!

And I am still holding out that you will be able to join us in May!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #834
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I'm in for your loose plan, we can meet up at DL, the house or both. Wait! I have to go back and look at your dates! We may be out there, I don't remember!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #835
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
We're going home on Wednesday!!

Michele, I am so happy for you and your family. I've been keeping up with your pics on FB and I love the kitchen. I'm so glad you'll be settled soon into your beautiful new home making new and wonderful memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm SO far behind, but I am HAPPY to see this awesome news. I am planning on So Cal for spring 2015!

And I am still holding out that you will be able to join us in May!

Have you started a new report for your last trip? If so, can you PM me the link? I popped into your *driving* thread last week but didn't see an update on the most recent trip. I know you've been working a ton so I hope you are allowed some downtime this weekend.

May is not totally off the table but with the cruise now the first week in April, I'm not sure financially if I'll be able to swing it. Lots will depend on M's success this winter and Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm in for your loose plan, we can meet up at DL, the house or both. Wait! I have to go back and look at your dates! We may be out there, I don't remember!

I told Michael we were getting to see the house and he wants to make sure he gets to see the house too. I think he wants to live in your walk-in fridge.

If you're in the parks, of course we want to meet up. Let me know what your week looks like those dates.

So while I don't have a ton of cruise stuff to report I'll go ahead and reveal our very loose Disneyland plans. Cynthia, I'm calling this my LFP. Chloe's birthday is the 21st so we're calling this part family trip and her birthday gift. She's going to flip if I can pull this off.

Wed 12/18: Have the car packed and ready and drive to So Cal when M gets off work that morning. Do not stop, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Potty breaks and that's it. Arrive at my bestie's house. She works all week so unfortunately I don't think we'll see her as much as I like but she's always so wonderful to open up her home and heart to us.

We are going to have 2 park days, non hoppers, so I need to do a little research, darn , to see which day will be better for each park. We'll have one at Disneyland and one at DCA. I think this will enable us to really dive into DCA. I am always so inclined to hop back over to Disneyland but M really likes DCA and always feels a little ripped off because DL occupies most of our time. This way everyone wins and there's no pressure to hop. The only bummer will be if the fireworks get cancelled due to weather on our Disneyland day. If so, I'll be watching them from the esplanade. I'll miss the snow but I'll live. Heck, I may not even want to wait for firework on Main St and enjoy our old stand by of riding BTMRR during the fireworks.

I have also always wanted to nab one of those elusive Disneyland candy canes but with only a day, I do not want want to spend my time waiting in line for a ticket and then waiting in one to buy a candy cane. Maybe next year.

As of now, we won't make any ADRs except for on Chloe's birthday. They don't love character meals anymore because I originally thought Goofy's would be fun as we'll be in DTD so now I am looking at other ideas and am open to suggestions. We'll have a car so we're not obligated to stay at DTD.

Thursday 12/19: Disneyland or DCA

Friday 12/20: DCA or Disneyland

Saturday 12/21 and Chloe's Birthday: M will fly home from Long Beach on a 6 pm flight so hopefully we'll be able to see your house today Alison, but truly, let me know what works for you as the kids and I will be there a couple more days. We'll spend the day in DTD and the GCV. M wants to enjoy our fun little tradition of a hot drink and cookies by the fireplace. G-d I love that man. We'll take him to the airport and I'm not sure what that evening will hold. I'm looking into maybe Build a Bear for Chloe's birthday that day in DTD? I know she'll be 15 but she's a kid at heart, like me, and loves her stuffed animals still, especially if they're Disney. Maybe a movie? The Hobbit comes out the 14th and there's no way she'll wait a week to see it. She's my LOTR girl. I think Frozen will be out so maybe a movie in DTD would be cool?

Sunday 12/22: open but we'll go visit my dad for an hour. He lives in Anaheim at a care facility. He suffered a major stoke about 8 years ago and it left him paralyzed. He's wheelchair bound, mind intact, except he's unable to communicate legibly. I know an hour sounds like a very short visit but he gets agitated easily and it's very hard on us all. I've learned that shorter visits are better. The kids will be able to open his gifts with him which will be nice. I will call his social worker once I've got confirmation on the trip and go from there. Last time I brought him Mrs. Knott's fried chicken and he was very happy. I think I'll do that again. I am thinking I should order that fairly soon.

Depending on the weather we'll either drive home the 23rd or the 24th.....If the weather looks clear we'll drive home Christmas Eve and if it looks dodgy, we'll drive home the 23rd. If we leave the 23rd, we may stay in Vegas overnight. It's truly all weather dependent. Michael works Christmas Eve but will be home Christmas Day.

Monday 12/23: open unless snow is in the forecast.

Tuesday 12/24: drive home.

It'll be a short but full of magic, I have no doubt. Now while Disneyland is always on my mind, this was Michael's idea. Yesterday, while enjoying our Starbuck's Buy One, Get One Free he suggested this. Starbuck's is his mother ship. He feels inspired inside one. We all have our things and adult time, at Starbuck's, is his. He's gone for the next 10 days; can you tell I already miss him?

134 days until the cruise!!!

34 days until Disneyland!!!

Old 11-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #836
Pinkocto

Take that man to Starbucks more often! I hope you can pull it off, sounds like a fabulous birthday/holiday trip.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #837
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Take that man to Starbucks more often! I hope you can pull it off, sounds like a fabulous birthday/holiday trip.

I know, right? As usual it always comes down to finances, not desire, and he was given an opportunity we weren't planning on. It will mean him being gone for 9 days before the trip but even he says its totally worth it. He's needing a Disneyland/DCA fix too. I think I had him at Jingle Cruise. He won't have to cover any shifts at the FD which is perfect.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #838
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

May is not totally off the table but with the cruise now the first week in April, I'm not sure financially if I'll be able to swing it. Lots will depend on M's success this winter and Spring.
I made most of the ADR's for 3...

just sayin'

Power of positive thinking (and easier to go down than up lol!). I wanted them in before the dumb mandatory CC hold goes into effect on Tuesday, most of what we booked we can likely get pretty close in but it was kind of a "why not" series of bookings.

Quote:
So while I don't have a ton of cruise stuff to report I'll go ahead and reveal our very loose Disneyland plans. Cynthia, I'm calling this my LFP. Chloe's birthday is the 21st so we're calling this part family trip and her birthday gift. She's going to flip if I can pull this off.
LFP. I love that!!!!!!!!!

Definitely take him to Starbucks more often.

So...what is special about the candy cane?
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #839
rentayenta

Hi friends. I started a Disneyland PTR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post50092843

Old 11-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #840
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I made most of the ADR's for 3...

just sayin'

Power of positive thinking (and easier to go down than up lol!). I wanted them in before the dumb mandatory CC hold goes into effect on Tuesday, most of what we booked we can likely get pretty close in but it was kind of a "why not" series of bookings.

LFP. I love that!!!!!!!!!

Definitely take him to Starbucks more often.

So...what is special about the candy cane?

I'm glad you made them for 3; where are we eating? Don't count me out until I'm out. Clearly things change rapidly around here.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: