Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #751
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

No frills is exactly what I need, just a clean place to sleep. No, I haven't checked if anything is nearby, this week has been absolutely crazy. I'll buy a few 20 oz bottles at the airport but never take on big bottles or cans. Diet coke serves my caffeine addiction adequately. I hate to buy extra when there's free soda on the ship.

176 Days!!!

Everything set for the bar mitzvah?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 AM   #752
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
No frills is exactly what I need, just a clean place to sleep. No, I haven't checked if anything is nearby, this week has been absolutely crazy. I'll buy a few 20 oz bottles at the airport but never take on big bottles or cans. Diet coke serves my caffeine addiction adequately. I hate to buy extra when there's free soda on the ship.

176 Days!!!

Everything set for the bar mitzvah?

Were inching closer. Is it on the SAS list? Did I ask that?

No we're 100% for the bar mitzvah. We've got one week. My kippah arrived misspelled and the new ones were supposed to arrive today. Just a minor heart attack. Good thing you and MEK are RNs.

Dinner is set. The cake is set. The luncheon is half way set. But sweet Joshua is ready.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #753
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

No we're 100% for the bar mitzvah. We've got one week. My kippah arrived misspelled and the new ones were supposed to arrive today. Just a minor heart attack. Good thing you and MEK are RNs.

Dinner is set. The cake is set. The luncheon is half way set. But sweet Joshua is ready.
So one week to the bar mitzvah? Loved Joshua's haircut picture on FB.

Can I just tell you that when I was a 13 year old I attended many bar mitzvahs and I have so many wonderful memories of those events. Such a wonderful, meaningful ceremony (which at the time seemed eternal) and such enjoyable festivities. I hope everything goes off without a hitch!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #754
Pinkocto

Quote:
Were inching closer. Is it on the SAS list? Did I ask that?

I can't remember if you asked but yes it is. I found it before looking at the list and then saw it again on the list which was a bonus. Mostly good reviews which is better than a lot of others.

Quote:
Oh my goodness, I would have had a panic attack. Did the others arrive? Mary Ellen is a NP and works in cardiac. But please no heart attacks

Quote:
Dinner is set. The cake is set. The luncheon is half way set. But sweet Joshua is ready

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 10-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #755
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

So exciting- just a week to go! I agree with MEK, Joshua's FB haircut was so cute- he is such a nice kid- I feel so lucky that I got to meet all three of your spectacular offspring while in DLR this summer!

I am having a Jenny morning, lol- I just texted you too-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #756
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Ok, what's a kippah? I'm too lazy to Google.

Can't believe its only a week until his Bar Mitzvah! Glad Joshua is ready.

It's snowing here in Denver. I can't believe its only the 4th of October! I'm not ready for winter!!!! At least I'll be in Florida 2 weeks from today!

Jill in CO
Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #757
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Just popping in to say I'm still following along! Good for Joshua! I hope everything goes just great next week!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #758
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So one week to the bar mitzvah? Loved Joshua's haircut picture on FB.

Can I just tell you that when I was a 13 year old I attended many bar mitzvahs and I have so many wonderful memories of those events. Such a wonderful, meaningful ceremony (which at the time seemed eternal) and such enjoyable festivities. I hope everything goes off without a hitch!

You're so sweet, thank you. I'm pretty much having a nervous breakdown right now. Not really but we're to the point where there isn;t much more we can do until about 2 days before. We were going to get a bakery cake but then my bestie's daughter offered to bake his cake. Its really cute. I'll see if I can get one of them to send me a pic. It's so cute and who doesn't love the taste of a homemade cake better than a bakery? Ok, maybe an upscale bakery but I am not spending $250 on a cake which was what I was quoted. I know his bar mitzvah is a once in a lifetime. I also know he's 12 and as long as there is chocolate and chocolate and maybe some candy on top, he'll be happy. Sorry, I'm rambling.....

Quote:
I can't remember if you asked but yes it is. I found it before looking at the list and then saw it again on the list which was a bonus. Mostly good reviews which is better than a lot of others.

Excellent. I'm not stalking you but may stay there too.

Quote:
Oh my goodness, I would have had a panic attack. Did the others arrive? Mary Ellen is a NP and works in cardiac. But please no heart attacks

Not yet. I got a UPS shipment notification but no kippah. You have no clue what a headache this year every year. I'm not quite sure why. We went with a different compnay this year hoping to alleviate the kippah stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
So exciting- just a week to go! I agree with MEK, Joshua's FB haircut was so cute- he is such a nice kid- I feel so lucky that I got to meet all three of your spectacular offspring while in DLR this summer!

I am having a Jenny morning, lol- I just texted you too-

I'm loving it girl! They really loved meeting you too. Hope we can all meet up soon or at least another girl's meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Ok, what's a kippah? I'm too lazy to Google.

Can't believe its only a week until his Bar Mitzvah! Glad Joshua is ready.

It's snowing here in Denver. I can't believe its only the 4th of October! I'm not ready for winter!!!! At least I'll be in Florida 2 weeks from today!

Jill in CO

The kippah or yarmulke (yam-a-ka) is the skull cap worm. www.jewfaq.org can answer all of your questions.

Snowed here too. Just shoot me. The thought my 20th winter really makes me question my sanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Just popping in to say I'm still following along! Good for Joshua! I hope everything goes just great next week!

Loving your *live* report. Hope you're having a blast.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #759
Pinkocto

Stalk away! I would have booked the hotel you were at but it's just too much for me.

I'm sorry about the kippahs, does the tracking number have a delivery date with it? How could they possibly spell them wrong don't they check them five million times before shipping

Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #760
rentayenta

Quote:
Stalk away! I would have booked the hotel you were at but it's just too much for me.

I'm sorry about the kippahs, does the tracking number have a delivery date with it? How could they possibly spell them wrong don't they check them five million times before shipping
You'd think with a last name of Sheets, it wouldn't be all that difficult.

I'm heading to the gym to work off some of this nervous energy.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #761
Pinkocto

Thinking about you, how are you doing? Did the kippahs arrive correctly?

Old 10-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #762
rentayenta

Quote:
Thinking about you, how are you doing? Did the kippahs arrive correctly?
They did and . It's the night before I cannot tell you how crazy today was. Should be.a very meaningful day tomorrow and I'll make sure to post pics here Pam so you can see them. Thank you for checking in.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #763
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
They did and . It's the night before I cannot tell you how crazy today was. Should be.a very meaningful day tomorrow and I'll make sure to post pics here Pam so you can see them. Thank you for checking in.
Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow!

Jill in CO
Old 10-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #764
Pinkocto

Quote:
I hope everything goes well and everyone is able to enjoy the day. My thoughts and best wishes are with you guys

Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #765
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Good luck today Jenny!

I'm thinking of you and Joshua!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: