Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #736
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I had no idea, that makes it even worse. Hopefully I won't have nightmares tonight!
Sorry! He was from the 1950's so he is long gone.

Jill in CO
Old 09-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #737
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Sorry! He was from the 1950's so he is long gone.

Jill in CO
Thankfully no serial killer nightmares but I did dream about killer zombies

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #738
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Thankfully no serial killer nightmares but I did dream about killer zombies
Killer zombies? I am not a fan of killer anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
My feed does that too and it annoys me terribly!

I am still doing the Villain bathroom. I have some wonderful decals that I got from Fathead for the walls. I also have two black shower curtains and towels. I am trying to find some deep purple rugs and towels but I am not having the best of luck.

The girls bathroom is going to be a Princess bathroom. The walls are going to be Cinderella's dress blue. They have the Princess shower curtain, rug, etc.. Plus I got them the Princess trim. All the bathrooms will have white ceramic tile.

Kacy's room is being done in Haunted Mansion style. She has some pillows I ordered from Disney and her comforter has skulls made from flowers on it. She has a purple chair for her room that she has a life sized skeleton that sits on the chair. It should be interesting.

Those are the Disney related rooms. The rest of the house will be "normal" Except for maybe Loren's room that has a decided Raiders twist to it. I have been keeping a blog too about all of the trials and tribulations if you are interested.

The room and bathrooms sound so great! I am so happy that something joyful has come from the tragedy. You all have been through so much and deserve wonderful things. Can't wait to see pics.

Quote:
SAS was fantastic when I used them last year. Can't recommend them enough.
I am all about recommendations and reliability. Joshua is actually very happy about the date change now. He has more difficult classes second term and his last term looks easier. He won't miss days now.

Quote:
When the window opens online to check in you'll be able to pick a time slot you'll be getting to the port, sometimes the earlier times are unavailable because people have already gotten to them, but they don't hold you to that time at the port. When you check in at the port, they'll give you a boarding number, usually the earlier you get to the port the lower number you'll get. They let the 'family of the day' on the ship first and then concierge which is the lowest numbers, and very quickly all the other numbers are called. It's a very organized and smooth process.

Ok, that makes more sense. How long do you think it will take to get from FLL to the Port of Miami? M says the two airports are about a half hour apart, give or take. Family of the Day? Can you imagine? I'd flip!

Quote:
Exactly, more time on the ship Being taken care of one last meal is the perfect way to end vacation IMHO.

They're going to have to pry me off the ship.

Quote:
If there's one negative to cruising is that they practically take care of everthing for you. Make you meals, clean up your room, make your bed, provide entertainment. Reentry to normal life is very hard

I can't even imagine. Being pampered for 5 nights sounds like a dream, truly. Make the bed? I despise making the bed. And doing dishes.

Quote:
Are you 100% on the March dates? You could do a cruise this year and not have to change your next year plans. Not that I'm wanting you to change by any means but just asking.

We are 100%. Return flight booked. SAS booked to airport from the port. Hotel booked.

It's too soon to cruise this year for us. His bar mitzvah is in 2 weeks exactly and then Halloween and then Vegas for Thanksgiving for soccer and then Christmas (we don't do hanukkah gifts anymore).

182 days!!!

That is so cool. I am totally starstruck, so would have been beside myself.[/QUOTE]

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #739
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Killer zombies? I am not a fan of killer anything.
I probably watch and read too many things with killers, it transfers over to dreams all the time.

Quote:
I am all about recommendations and reliability. Joshua is actually very happy about the date change now. He has more difficult classes second term and his last term looks easier. He won't miss days now.
That's wonderful about his classes

Quote:
Ok, that makes more sense. How long do you think it will take to get from FLL to the Port of Miami? M says the two airports are about a half hour apart, give or take. Family of the Day? Can you imagine? I'd flip!
I get so jealous of the family of the day, first ones on the ship!? So cool!!!

It's about 45 minutes from the port to FLL. You call SAS once you get through customs and they pick you right up.

Quote:

They're going to have to pry me off the ship.
you might have already heard this, but if you rebook on the cruise you get 20% off and only have to pay a 10% down payment. If you're not sure of a date you can book anything and move it as many times as you need. So if you fall in love with it like I'm positive you will you can make sure there's another one in the future and save some money at the same time

Quote:

I can't even imagine. Being pampered for 5 nights sounds like a dream, truly. Make the bed? I despise making the bed. And doing dishes.

It's amazing! They take care of everything

Quote:

We are 100%. Return flight booked. SAS booked to airport from the port. Hotel booked.

It's too soon to cruise this year for us. His bar mitzvah is in 2 weeks exactly and then Halloween and then Vegas for Thanksgiving for soccer and then Christmas (we don't do hanukkah gifts anymore).

Whew! that question has been in the back of my mind for a while but I didn't want to give you any ideas

Awesome about getting everything booked!

Quote:

182 days!!!
Quote:

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 09-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #740
rentayenta

Quote:

I probably watch and read too many things with killers, it transfers over to dreams all the time.

That's wonderful about his classes

I get so jealous of the family of the day, first ones on the ship!? So cool!!!

It's about 45 minutes from the port to FLL. You call SAS once you get through customs and they pick you right up.

you might have already heard this, but if you rebook on the cruise you get 20% off and only have to pay a 10% down payment. If you're not sure of a date you can book anything and move it as many times as you need. So if you fall in love with it like I'm positive you will you can make sure there's another one in the future and save some money at the same time

It's amazing! They take care of everything

Whew! that question has been in the back of my mind for a while but I didn't want to give you any ideas

Awesome about getting everything booked!

January was so perfect and I hadn't really thought about cruising this year. Still a little bummed over my mid winter break but so glad we'll have the warm weather on our side.

I'm definitely planning on rebooking on board. Seems like a no brainer as you can move it as many times as need be. I'm hoping once M sees how much fun Joshua and I had, he'll board the cruise train. He's so anti-cruise but I don't think he fully understands how much fun it can be. I think he's got PTSD from watching The Love Boat in the 70's. He doesn't get that it's not all ventriloquist and glitter. It'll take time but I'm sure he'll warm up to it. He didn't like Disney when we met and just the other day he was saying how he wants to go back to WDW once the new DTD is complete and stay at SSR. I didn't know he knew about the the new DTD but he read about it in USA Today.

Will SAS do transport from the hotel to port too or are they just port/airport airport/port?

Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #741
Pinkocto

Quote:
January was so perfect and I hadn't really thought about cruising this year. Still a little bummed over my mid winter break but so glad we'll have the warm weather on our side.

As much as you don't like cold weather you would love cruising during the winter. Maybe in the future you'll revisit January as a possibility.

Quote:
I'm definitely planning on rebooking on board. Seems like a no brainer as you can move it as many times as need be. I'm hoping once M sees how much fun Joshua and I had, he'll board the cruise train. He's so anti-cruise but I don't think he fully understands how much fun it can be. I think he's got PTSD from watching The Love Boat in the 70's. He doesn't get that it's not all ventriloquist and glitter. It'll take time but I'm sure he'll warm up to it. He didn't like Disney when we met and just the other day he was saying how he wants to go back to WDW once the new DTD is complete and stay at SSR. I didn't know he knew about the the new DTD but he read about it in USA Today.
I was anti cruise before too, its unlike anything the mind imagines. Hopefully you can convince him to try it

Quote:
Will SAS do transport from the hotel to port too or are they just port/airport airport/port?
They pick up at certain hotels, there's a list on the website. You have to click on a link that's in the middle of the main page. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to ask if yours isnt on the list. Is Holiday Inn one your friends code might work on?

Old 09-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #742
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[center]

Too funny about the Love Boat reference! I am sure M will warm up to it. Of course he will get on board. How could he not? You already won him over with WDW.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #743
rentayenta

Quote:
As much as you don't like cold weather you would love cruising during the winter. Maybe in the future you'll revisit January as a possibility.

I was anti cruise before too, its unlike anything the mind imagines. Hopefully you can convince him to try it

They pick up at certain hotels, there's a list on the website. You have to click on a link that's in the middle of the main page. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to ask if yours isnt on the list. Is Holiday Inn one your friends code might work on?

Thanks! I'll have to check that out. No, she only gets Marriott and Hilton discounts. I'll keep checking though to see if our date opens up.

I think he'll go for it or at least entertain it once Joshua's and I cruise and he hears how fabulous it is. And believe me, he'll hear about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Too funny about the Love Boat reference! I am sure M will warm up to it. Of course he will get on board. How could he not? You already won him over with WDW.

Right?! That's what I'm thinking too. He would hardly go to Disneyland for the day when we first met. Now he's loving 12 day WDW trips. Is just a matter of time.

How are you friend? I love the burial with the shells for your kitty.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #744
rentayenta

179 days!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #745
Pinkocto

Quote:
179 days!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #746
Pinkocto

No worries on the hotel. I found a Holiday Inn less than 5 minutes from the airport for $139 that SAS picks up at. The reviews are pretty good so I'll just book that. All the ones I've found for less have some pretty scary reviews. I changed the car rental too so I'm almost all set

Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #747
rentayenta

Quote:
No worries on the hotel. I found a Holiday Inn less than 5 minutes from the airport for $139 that SAS picks up at. The reviews are pretty good so I'll just book that. All the ones I've found for less have some pretty scary reviews. I changed the car rental too so I'm almost all set
Link please! That's an awesome deal.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #748
Pinkocto

Quote:
Link please! That's an awesome deal.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotel...ookhotel_fllas

After searching long and hard I think this is the one. Nothing fancy but I don't want to spend too much.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #749
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pam - that is a great deal!

And YAY for 179 days! Progress is being made.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #750
rentayenta

Quote:
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotel...ookhotel_fllas

After searching long and hard I think this is the one. Nothing fancy but I don't want to spend too much.

Its perfect! I might book it too. No frills. Have you researched if there are any stores or restaurants nearby? Do you buy your soda to bring on the ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Pam - that is a great deal!

And YAY for 179 days! Progress is being made.

I agree, that's a screaming deal. I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in ages but remember them being nice enough.

177 days!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: