Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #691
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
194 days!!!

Quote:
I think April will be plenty warm enough to enjoy SAB.
I hope so. I don't think I'll go into the parks unless its late at night. This year's spring break crowds were too much for me to handle.

Quote:
You're arriving late but glad it'll enable you to have a nice bday celebration with your family before the cruise.

The earlier nonstop flight leaves at 2:55 and I wouldn't be able to have lunch with them before leaving. The 6:00 flight would have been ideal but that one is sold out...

Quote:

Then we'll celebrate it at Palo! Does the cruise give bday buttons? My bday is in March too but earlier.
They absolutely give out birthday buttons! That's right, your's is on the 7th right? I think I remember yours is on the same as mom's. Double birthday celebration!!!

Quote:

I'll try to post a pic. The rabbi meeting went great. We are down to the wire.
That's wonderful Closing in on 3 weeks

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #692
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Thanks friend. Yes, we'll get it through it and hopefully enjoy it as well.

Wonder why you couldn't see the menu?

I know you're with PIO and Bret today. Enjoy and can't wait to read all about it.
Good luck getting through it! I just had my big struggle period, now it's packing time!!!!

I could see the restaurant menu, but not the catering menu. I have no idea if he picked sandwiches or entrees or what, I was clueless!

Just got home from a fun packed weekend. I can't believe we had our first ever "only in the room to sleep" trip. It was exhausting, and I don't plan on doing that again soon! Fran is asleep in her chair. I'm surprised I got her up to check out of the hotel this morning and drive home. She is wiped out, and we have to go to band tonight!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #693
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Good luck getting through it! I just had my big struggle period, now it's packing time!!!!

I could see the restaurant menu, but not the catering menu. I have no idea if he picked sandwiches or entrees or what, I was clueless!

Just got home from a fun packed weekend. I can't believe we had our first ever "only in the room to sleep" trip. It was exhausting, and I don't plan on doing that again soon! Fran is asleep in her chair. I'm surprised I got her up to check out of the hotel this morning and drive home. She is wiped out, and we have to go to band tonight!
So you signed the house papers? I looked but must have missed it. I did see the cool Disney chandeliers though. Very cool! Do you have closing date and move in date?

Band tonight? You're like the Energizer bunny.

There isn't a catering menu. We just chose the dinner entrees off the regular menu. We did that for two reasons: one to make the service run more smoothly and two to stay in budget. Dinner will be 20-25 people. Ideally it would have been fun to host in our home but the days leading up and the day of are so busy so it's not realistic. Anyway Joshua chose a capellini dish that can be prepared with or without chicken. Gotta include any veg heads. He also chose the Chicken Milano. And finally he chose, and I know it sounds odd but they're SO good, the fish tacos. I'm still debating on adding a beef dish. M doesn't think we need it.

With Gabby's we had the luncheon in our home. We crammed 100 people in our house. With Chloe's luncheon we kept it at the synagogue which was a much smarter idea. Joshua's luncheon will also be at the synagogue. Bagels, lox, capers, onion, tomatoes, deviled eggs, fruit trays, various desserts, various salads, coffee, wine, juice, and the notoriously disgusting herring.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 09-17-2013 at 08:13 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #694
rentayenta

How did I miss your post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

Indeed! I can't believe we had to add so many days to our countdown. I'm reading the dry dock thread and there are some very unhappy people and rightfully so. I'm so glad I booked with SW. I'm not glad my flights went up in price but I'm glad I don't have to deal with change fees and more emails.

Quote:
I hope so. I don't think I'll go into the parks unless its late at night. This year's spring break crowds were too much for me to handle.

I'm not a big crowds person either. I think our new cruise will be more crowded. Did you join the meet thread? They've got a FE going.

Quote:
The earlier nonstop flight leaves at 2:55 and I wouldn't be able to have lunch with them before leaving. The 6:00 flight would have been ideal but that one is sold out...

Its crazy how just a little shift in times makes everything more $$$ and sold out. No bueno but I'm glad you could make it work.

They absolutely give out birthday buttons! That's right, your's is on the 7th right? I think I remember yours is on the same as mom's. Double birthday celebration!!!

I better add my bday to the celebration list. One bar mitzvah and 2 bdays.

Quote:
That's wonderful Closing in on 3 weeks

I'm to the point of not sleeping. I'm expecting a major flu the week after. Stress totally affects my immune system.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #695
Pinkocto

Quote:

Indeed! I can't believe we had to add so many days to our countdown.

I thought the same thing

Quote:
I'm reading the dry dock thread and there are some very unhappy people and rightfully so. I'm so glad I booked with SW. I'm not glad my flights went up in price but I'm glad I don't have to deal with change fees and more emails.
I didn't know there was a thread. Probably too much negativity on there for me. I'm so glad we didn't have to deal with change fees as well. Also glad there was no problem changing my vacation time, I can see that that could have been a big problem for some people. Were your flights much more? Luckily mine was only $50 more. Not that I wanted to pay that but better than it could have been. I still need to book the return flight.

Quote:
I'm not a big crowds person either. I think our new cruise will be more crowded. Did you join the meet thread? They've got a FE going.
I totally forgot to go find it. Must do that today. I'm sure it'll be more crowded, but even on the big ships at capacity I never felt like there were too many people.

Quote:
Its crazy how just a little shift in times makes everything more $$$ and sold out. No bueno but I'm glad you could make it work.

I'm amazed how many flights are sold out already.

Quote:
I better add my bday to the celebration list. One bar mitzvah and 2 bdays.
Absolutely add it!

Quote:

I'm to the point of not sleeping. I'm expecting a major flu the week after. Stress totally affects my immune system.
Oh no I hope you're able to get some rest.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #696
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
So you signed the house papers? I looked but must have missed it. I did see the cool Disney chandeliers though. Very cool! Do you have closing date and move in date?

Band tonight? You're like the Energizer bunny.

There isn't a catering menu. We just chose the dinner entrees off the regular menu. We did that for two reasons: one to make the service run more smoothly and two to stay in budget. Dinner will be 20-25 people. Ideally it would have been fun to host in our home but the days leading up and the day of are so busy so it's not realistic. Anyway Joshua chose a capellini dish that can be prepared with or without chicken. Gotta include any veg heads. He also chose the Chicken Milano. And finally he chose, and I know it sounds odd but they're SO good, the fish tacos. I'm still debating on adding a beef dish. M doesn't think we need it.
No still no papers, but supposedly soon. No idea on move in date. They have to do electrical and repairs first. We'll start movinf stuff first once enough stuff is in, we will think about a good day to move the cats. It may very well be January. We are going to my folks for Thanksgiving so not before then. We might want to go to Vegas for Christmas so we can't move the cats until we are done traveling for a while. We habe a lot of stuf. There will be a massive garage sale once we get the stuff we are keeping out!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #698
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

No flu allowed! Get some sleep and start taking some Vitamin C!

Jill in CO
Old 09-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #699
Pinkocto

191 Days!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #700
rentayenta

Quote:
I thought the same thing

190 days!!!

It still feels so wrong to have added on another 60+ days.

Quote:
I didn't know there was a thread. Probably too much negativity on there for me. I'm so glad we didn't have to deal with change fees as well. Also glad there was no problem changing my vacation time, I can see that that could have been a big problem for some people. Were your flights much more? Luckily mine was only $50 more. Not that I wanted to pay that but better than it could have been. I still need to book the return flight.

Mine went up $90 each but I only had to add $55 worth of points total. Im reading that thread and some airlines are charging $200 change fees. Per flight.

I'm glad it didn't affect your vacation time. I didn't change mine, I just added on the new week. I get a decent amount of leave, 9.54 hours every 2 weeks.

I totally forgot to go find it. Must do that today. I'm sure it'll be more crowded, but even on the big ships at capacity I never felt like there were too many people.

I see you found it. Looks like a great bunch of people. We're not homeless anymore.

I know. I have a hard time believing that al out every SW flight is sold out on 3/29 but their schedule only goes to 4/4? I wonder if they're holding dates?

Quote:
Oh no I hope you're able to get some rest.

Thank you. Not feeling terrible but not great either. I never get the good sick though where I can't eat. I always get the feed-me illnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
No still no papers, but supposedly soon. No idea on move in date. They have to do electrical and repairs first. We'll start movinf stuff first once enough stuff is in, we will think about a good day to move the cats. It may very well be January. We are going to my folks for Thanksgiving so not before then. We might want to go to Vegas for Christmas so we can't move the cats until we are done traveling for a while. We habe a lot of stuf. There will be a massive garage sale once we get the stuff we are keeping out!

I can't imagine what a huge garage sale that will be.

The good thing is that you own where you're at now so there isn't a big hurry to move. It does take a level of pressure off. I'm really so happy for you both. It's going to be an amazing place to call home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
No Flu! Not allowed.

If SW goes down in price between then and you've booked on points, can you rebook and get the points back? I've never used points on SW before so am clueless.

It doesn't cost a thing to change or cancel with points. You can rebook over and over as far as I know. I've never had an issue. Love love love SW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Jill in CO
I bought some lavender oil to help me chill at night. That and a warm bath nightly seem to be keeping the worst of it at bay.

Last edited by rentayenta; 09-20-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #701
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Jill in CO
Flu! Please no flu yet!

So strange to see your countdown have to go back up! But wonderful that you get to celebrate 3 celebrations in March!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #702
Pinkocto

Quote:
190 days!!!

Quote:
It still feels so wrong to have added on another 60+ days.
Quote:
We're all going to be bursting with excitement when single digits roll around

Quote:
Mine went up $90 each but I only had to add $55 worth of points total. Im reading that thread and some airlines are charging $200 change fees. Per flight.

I simply can not imagine a $200 charge per flight I think I would cry.

Glad your change didnt cost too much. I had to reread that and felt terribly sad you had to pay $180 more.

Quote:
I'm glad it didn't affect your vacation time. I didn't change mine, I just added on the new week. I get a decent amount of leave, 9.54 hours every 2 weeks.
That is a nice amount every two weeks! I did the same thing with the January time, now need to figure out what to do with it.

Quote:
I see you found it. Looks like a great bunch of people. We're not homeless anymore.

They do seem like a very nice group. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Quote:

I know. I have a hard time believing that al out every SW flight is sold out on 3/29 but their schedule only goes to 4/4? I wonder if they're holding dates?
Quote:
I agree, very strange so many are sold out already. Unless that's really such a busy time but I can't remember ever seeing so many sold out.

Quote:
Thank you. Not feeling terrible but not great either. I never get the good sick though where I can't eat. I always get the feed-me illnesses.

I bought some lavender oil to help me chill at night. That and a warm bath nightly seem to be keeping the worst of it at bay.
I hope this works and you can get some rest.

You look fabulous, you don't need any too sick to eat illnesses...

Last edited by Pinkocto; 09-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #703
rentayenta

Quote:

We're all going to be bursting with excitement when single digits roll around

We are going to go absolutely bananas by that time.

Quote:
I simply can not imagine a $200 charge per flight I think I would cry.

Glad your change didnt cost too much. I had to reread that and felt terribly sad you had to pay $180 more.

Had I paid cash it would have cost $90 more per ticket. The equivalent in points, only cost me $55 total! Some folks are emailing Disney trying to get their flight increase covered too. I'm curious to see how it all works out.

Quote:
That is a nice amount every two weeks! I did the same thing with the January time, now need to figure out what to do with it.

Exactly! I won't be going anywhere for sure but it might be a good time to do a nice winter cleaning/purging of the house.

Quote:
They do seem like a very nice group. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Quote:
I agree, very strange so many are sold out already. Unless that's really such a busy time but I can't remember ever seeing so many sold out.

I agree. It almost seems like a trick to get us planners to buy early. I can't quite figure it out.

Quote:
I hope this works and you can get some rest.

You look fabulous, you don't need any too sick to eat illnesses...

Its been a very relaxing weekend for the most part, thank you. Now deciding whether to cook something the kids won't eat or grab some take out.

Hope you've had a good weekend. You generally work Sundays don't you?

I know I've talked a ton about Michael traveling to Africa and mining fair trade, conflict free diamonds with his buddy. I thought I'd show a pic of an end result.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #704
Pinkocto

Diamonds!!! Lovely beautiful diamonds! How nice of him for your anniversary or just because?

Take out sounds easier

Unfortunately it's Saturdays I work mostly. Sundays our clinic is closed except for the holidays when we switch stuff around. It causes me to miss a lot of church which I don't like but I get there when I can. Suffering from a cold, but it's getting better. Glad you've had a relaxing weekend

Old 09-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #705
rentayenta

Quote:
Diamonds!!! Lovely beautiful diamonds! How nice of him for your anniversary or just because?

Take out sounds easier

Unfortunately it's Saturdays I work mostly. Sundays our clinic is closed except for the holidays when we switch stuff around. It causes me to miss a lot of church which I don't like but I get there when I can. Suffering from a cold, but it's getting better. Glad you've had a relaxing weekend

They're mine yes but belong to the business ultimately. I think they're so special. Not only are the gorgeous but no one was hurt harvesting them or bringing them over from Africa. All diamonds should be mined conflict free. Plus Michael and his partner mined them.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I swear I think I know more sick people right now than not. Something very contagious is going around. Feel better.

Is your church Saturday or Sunday?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: