Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #571
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Its just exciting and cruising, pun intended, by.

I wish there was more to plan.

Did I read somewhere that you decided to do the park in Cozumel? Was it in your DVC report? I'm losing it.
you're right, it was on my TR. I think I'm going to leave the day open and if I wake up feeling the desire to swim in the ocean I'll hop a cab to Chankanaab. Of course that could change again before booking time I keep going back and forth between wanting to be adventurous and being totally lazy. So this way I can choose the day of instead of being tied down to an excursion. Have I mentioned before that I can be quite fickle?

Have you decided what you guys will do?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14

Last edited by Pinkocto; 07-29-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #572
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
you're right, it was on my TR. I think I'm going to leave the day open and if I wake up feeling the desire to swim in the ocean I'll hop a cab to Chankanaab. Of course that could change again before booking time I keep going back and forth between wanting to be adventurous and being totally lazy. So this way I can choose the day of instead of being tied down to an excursion. Have I mentioned before that I can be quite fickle?

I knew I saw it. I just found it. That's exactly how I feel. I want to play it by ear but not get stuck. Isn't it feasible to just hop a cab and go to any close beach? I don't know what the port is like in Cozumel, only Cabo, and its easy to catch a cab to la playa. I need to do a little more beach research. I still keep thinking about that little jet boat excursion though too. I just don't want a crappy quesadilla with all that great authentic Mexican food available. Quesadillas are my least favorite. I mean they're good but I can make one. Lol!

Are you fickle? I see it as laid back, go with the flow.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #573
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
I knew I saw it. I just found it. That's exactly how I feel. I want to play it by ear but not get stuck. Isn't it feasible to just hop a cab and go to any close beach? I don't know what the port is like in Cozumel, only Cabo, and its easy to catch a cab to la playa. I need to do a little more beach research. I still keep thinking about that little jet boat excursion though too. I just don't want a crappy quesadilla with all that great authentic Mexican food available. Quesadillas are my least favorite. I mean they're good but I can make one. Lol!

It's easy to catch a cab in Cozumel. They have fixed prices but be sure you know what they are...we had a driver try to rip us off but we held firm. We took the taxi to Chankanaab for the Dolphin Discovery.

Jill in CO
Old 07-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #574
Pinkocto

Quote:

I just saw over there the only problem I foresee about catching a cab to a beach is how are you going to get back? I'm thinking that with Chankanaab they can call you a cab, but if you have a cab take you somewhere you won't have a telephone to call another one. The boat excursion looks really fun. You could always have the lunch and then go find an authentic place afterwards. We're there until 5:45 and the excursion is 4-4 1/2 hours. Depending on when it starts you could possibly have hours afterwards to find an early dinner.

Fickle since I can't make up my mind. Thank you

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #575
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
It's easy to catch a cab in Cozumel. They have fixed prices but be sure you know what they are...we had a driver try to rip us off but we held firm. We took the taxi to Chankanaab for the Dolphin Discovery.

Jill in CO

Thank you. How did you like Chankanaab Park? So you didn't go through Disney? How was the Dolphin Discovery?

Quote:
I just saw over there the only problem I foresee about catching a cab to a beach is how are you going to get back? I'm thinking that with Chankanaab they can call you a cab, but if you have a cab take you somewhere you won't have a telephone to call another one. The boat excursion looks really fun. You could always have the lunch and then go find an authentic place afterwards. We're there until 5:45 and the excursion is 4-4 1/2 hours. Depending on when it starts you could possibly have hours afterwards to find an early dinner.

Fickle since I can't make up my mind. Thank you

There are generally cabs all over when the cruise ships dock. They know who butters their break. I'm also thinking I can also ask them to come back. I wouldn't go to a beach without some sort of services, ya know? We did go to a place in Zihua to surf, Trancones, and paid our driver to stay with us all day. Best $40 ever.

So many fun decisions to make. I wish all of life's decisions were like this.

I didn't realize we had until that late. I am so glad we are doing late dinner.

You're darling and don't come across as fickle.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #576
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Thank you. How did you like Chankanaab Park? So you didn't go through Disney? How was the Dolphin Discovery?

We didn't spend much time at the park. We did the Royal Dolphin swim and it was AMAZING!!! We booked on our own (I was on Royal Caribbean that trip). There were cabs waiting at the park...we didn't have to call anyone.

Jill in CO
Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #577
Pinkocto

Quote:

There are generally cabs all over when the cruise ships dock. They know who butters their break. I'm also thinking I can also ask them to come back. I wouldn't go to a beach without some sort of services, ya know? We did go to a place in Zihua to surf, Trancones, and paid our driver to stay with us all day. Best $40 ever.

I guess I'm just picturing an empty beach by the road, makes sense to go to one with stuff around

Quote:
So many fun decisions to make. I wish all of life's decisions were like this.
I agree, I love planning for vacations!

Quote:
I didn't realize we had until that late. I am so glad we are doing late dinner.
It's a pretty long day, 7:30-5:45. Make sure to get back at least 15 minutes early though, they're pretty strict with timing. Late dining gives a lot more flexibility on port days that's for sure.

Quote:
You're darling and don't come across as fickle.
You're too sweet, thank you

Old 07-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #578
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
We didn't spend much time at the park. We did the Royal Dolphin swim and it was AMAZING!!! We booked on our own (I was on Royal Caribbean that trip). There were cabs waiting at the park...we didn't have to call anyone.

Jill in CO

Thats what I was thinking. Port days for cruise ships are big money for the locals. Do you have any pictures? Please tell me more.

Quote:
I guess I'm just picturing an empty beach by the road, makes sense to go to one with stuff around

Quote:
I agree, I love planning for vacations!

Its the best! It adds to the length of the vacation. That's what I brought us all here. I can't believe I've been a member of this board for over 6 years.

Quote:
It's a pretty long day, 7:30-5:45. Make sure to get back at least 15 minutes early though, they're pretty strict with timing. Late dining gives a lot more flexibility on port days that's for sure.

I run a little on the anxious side if you haven't noticed. I'm sure we'll be back by 4:00. I hate rushing and don't want to rush for dinner.

Quote:
You're too sweet, thank you

Old 07-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #579
Pinkocto

Quote:

Quote:
Its the best! It adds to the length of the vacation. That's what I brought us all here. I can't believe I've been a member of this board for over 6 years.
Definitely, the anticipation and fun of planning make a trip seem even longer. I try to get mom involved in planning our trips but she's totally content to let me do all the work. Probably why I enjoy the boards so much, like minded people 'get it'.

Quote:
I run a little on the anxious side if you haven't noticed. I'm sure we'll be back by 4:00. I hate rushing and don't want to rush for dinner.
I understand completely! I was very comfortable having a two plus hour cushion when we got back to the ship at Puerto Rico.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #580
rentayenta

Pam, I'd for sure want some wiggle room with regard to getting back n bOrd. 2 hours sounds perfect. I can't even imagine what happens when someone if left behind.

170 days!!!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #581
Pinkocto

Quote:
Pam, I'd for sure want some wiggle room with regard to getting back n bOrd. 2 hours sounds perfect. I can't even imagine what happens when someone if left behind.

I can't imagine.

Quote:
170 days!!!

We're closing in on 5 months!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #582
rentayenta

Quote:
I can't imagine.

We're closing in on 5 months!

It's so ridiculously exciting.

I'm thinking about doing the CC 5K with Joshua. It can be walked. Should take an hour tops. I was looking at a souvenir thread and how cool would a CC 5K medal be? Unique.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #583
Pinkocto

Quote:
It's so ridiculously exciting.

I'm thinking about doing the CC 5K with Joshua. It can be walked. Should take an hour tops. I was looking at a souvenir thread and how cool would a CC 5K medal be? Unique.
It's a nice walk, mom and I did it the first time we went to CC because I wanted to go to the observation tower. Little did we know that we could have taken the tram to Serenity Bay and walked from there. It would have been much quicker. She didn't enjoy it as much as I did though, but she'll joke about it now.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #584
rentayenta

Quote:
It's a nice walk, mom and I did it the first time we went to CC because I wanted to go to the observation tower. Little did we know that we could have taken the tram to Serenity Bay and walked from there. It would have been much quicker. She didn't enjoy it as much as I did though, but she'll joke about it now.

Is it around the whole island? I didn't know there was a tram to Serenity Bay? I hear the lunch options are also better at Serenity Bay.

There's an observation tower? I showed Joshua Pelican Plunge and that's all she wrote. He's all over that. But from what I'm reading the water might not be that warm. I'm guessing its warmer than any Utah Feb water though.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #585
Pinkocto

Quote:
Is it around the whole island? I didn't know there was a tram to Serenity Bay? I hear the lunch options are also better at Serenity Bay.

There's an observation tower? I showed Joshua Pelican Plunge and that's all she wrote. He's all over that. But from what I'm reading the water might not be that warm. I'm guessing its warmer than any Utah Feb water though.
Not around the whole island, actually a good part of the island is off limits, they left it natural. From what I'm finding online only 55 of 1,000 acres have been developed.

The first tram does two stops at the family areas, then you have to get off and catch a separate tram to Serenity Bay. It's definitely walkable but to me that takes up prescious time that could be used doing something else I think the lunch at SB is better, there are different options and its a much more relaxed atmosphere.

The observation tower is something that's worth going to once and then you're able to say you went you can see the ship in the distance and the flat landscape of the island. I enjoyed the walk but it seemed to take forever. Going on bikes would be much faster but then you wouldn't get the medal.

Pelican Plunge does look like a lot of fun. It's still on my list to try. Hopefully it won't be too chilly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: