Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #466
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

How did I miss the countdown!?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #467
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I really want to stay there now. I bet your suite was amazing. Any pics?

I didn't have much of an interest in staying there before this after-cruise option came into play. I've been reading the super thread and looking at pics and I think Joshua will love it. And I'll get to cross a new DVC off the list.

I'm glad you bought her a scooter. Much less hassle I hope. I read about so many batteries wearing a down. Do you bring extra on trips? Are they big?
I would have to get out the album and scan them in, unfortunately I don't have time for that with everything going on right now.

Each scooter requires two batteries, they weigh about 10 lbs each and a set of replacement batteries (purchased from our local battery supply store and not a mobility supply store) run $120. They're $250 if you get them at the mobility stores, although they install them for you. So, no I don't travel with extras. Don't you remember my little debacles with the scooter on my last WDW trip?

The battery is the big lump on the floorboards of the scooter you see below. It isn't tiny.

Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #468
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
How did I miss the countdown!?

191 days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I would have to get out the album and scan them in, unfortunately I don't have time for that with everything going on right now.

Each scooter requires two batteries, they weigh about 10 lbs each and a set of replacement batteries (purchased from our local battery supply store and not a mobility supply store) run $120. They're $250 if you get them at the mobility stores, although they install them for you. So, no I don't travel with extras. Don't you remember my little debacles with the scooter on my last WDW trip?

The battery is the big lump on the floorboards of the scooter you see below. It isn't tiny.

The battery is bigger than I thought. Cute kitty too. She or he looks very comfy. I haven't seen all your kitties but that looks like Sunni.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #469
franandaj

Quote:
The battery is bigger than I thought. Cute kitty too. She or he looks very comfy. I haven't seen all your kitties but that looks like Sunni.
That's Mac. He and Sunny are/were both flame point Siamese cats so their coloring is very similar. I wouldn't have taken the the picture of the scooter on the back of the car if Mac hadn't made himself so comfortable.

Yes the battery is pretty big. It's the heaviest of the four parts that the scooter separates into.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #470
rentayenta

Quote:

That's Mac. He and Sunny are/were both flame point Siamese cats so their coloring is very similar. I wouldn't have taken the the picture of the scooter on the back of the car if Mac hadn't made himself so comfortable.

Yes the battery is pretty big. It's the heaviest of the four parts that the scooter separates into.
He's very very handsome. I remember Sunny being a little thinner but they look alike. So sweet. I love fur babies.

The battery looks heavy. Smart to carry two with you.

Hope you're feeling better over the whole neighbor fiasco. Blessing is disguise.

Today I'm booking the DVC portion. I know it's going to be work but Joshua really really wants an MK day and he's earning it. He's working so hard on his bar mitzvah and d'var Torah along with his portions.

Still debating on flying into Miami Friday after school vs Saturday morning so we can have a nice full day in Miami.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #471
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Today I'm booking the DVC portion. I know it's going to be work but Joshua really really wants an MK day and he's earning it. He's working so hard on his bar mitzvah and d'var Torah along with his portions.

Still debating on flying into Miami Friday after school vs Saturday morning so we can have a nice full day in Miami.
That is the best reason of all to do it
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #472
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

That is the best reason of all to do it
He's working his guts out. He's one of those kids that doesn't ask for much so when he really wants something it's easy to say yes. He got my grateful gene.

Three months from Friday is the big day! I can't believe it's so close.

Pam is also going to book us a Palo brunch on the chance Joshua makes friends and ditches me. Can't wait! Now it's just a gamble as what sea day to book it. I'm so excited!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #473
franandaj

Quote:
He's very very handsome. I remember Sunny being a little thinner but they look alike. So sweet. I love fur babies.

The battery looks heavy. Smart to carry two with you.
No, there are two inside that chamber, it takes that much energy to power the scooter. At about 25lbs per batter there is no way in he** I'm carrying two with me!

Quote:
Hope you're feeling better over the whole neighbor fiasco. Blessing is disguise.
Oh yeah, I'm so over that! I've found a house that I want, now all we need to do is find the money!

Quote:

I hope you get what you want on your accommodations!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #474
rentayenta

Looks like I spoke too soon. Joshua thinks Chloe will be sad if we add WDW on. He said the cruise is enough.

He's right of course. The girls aren't going on the cruise for a few reasons and are ok with it but Michael and Joshua say that adding two DVC nights and an MK day isn't fair.

The VWL are open and I was this close to booking. I'm glad I didn't as I would have had to borrow points.

Thanks to everyone for the opinions and tips.

And special and to Pam for offering us a ride to WDW with her. Can't wait to meet you girl and get our Palo ON!

Back to cruise only planning. It's going to be amazing.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #475
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

He is so sweet to be thinking of them even though its his special trip!

Glad you didn't book it and have those points in holding.

You're welcome I can't wait to meet you guys! I was thinking about Palo yesterday, it's so delicious

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #476
franandaj

What a sweet boy to be thinking ng about his sisters like that. He is definitely wisers than his years. I hope he mets some friends so that you and Pam can enjoy Brunch at Palo.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #477
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

He sounds like a great kid! I was just going to report that the Google Maps App for the Iphone is awesome..I've been using it as my GPS this week in Philadelphia and NJ.

Jill in CO
Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #478
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
He is so sweet to be thinking of them even though its his special trip!

Glad you didn't book it and have those points in holding.

You're welcome I can't wait to meet you guys! I was thinking about Palo yesterday, it's so delicious

I'm so glad I didn't book and have the points in holding. I'm also secretly sad that we're not going to WDW. I really wanted to try VWL. I'm more sad about the DVC part than the MK part. I love staying DVC.

Thank you. He's very sweet, considerate, and compassionate.

Think we should book a brunch and dinner? Are any of the MDRs worth missing or should I not as its my first cruise?

Quote:
What a sweet boy to be thinking ng about his sisters like that. He is definitely wisers than his years. I hope he mets some friends so that you and Pam can enjoy Brunch at Palo.

He said he wants to go to the Vibe's opening night shindig and any treasure hunts around the ship for sure. He also loves trivia of any kind so I know he'd be up for that. I wish I could find out what other non video game activities or around the ship activities they'll have for his age group. If I could we could make solid Palo reservations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
He sounds like a great kid! I was just going to report that the Google Maps App for the Iphone is awesome..I've been using it as my GPS this week in Philadelphia and NJ.

Jill in CO

So Google maps a separate app from Google?

Are you in Philadelphia? Cool! What for? And Jersey?

190 days!!!

Last edited by rentayenta; 07-11-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #479
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
I'm so glad I didn't book and have the points in holding. I'm also secretly sad that we're not going to WDW. I really wanted to try VWL. I'm more sad about the DVC part than the MK part. I love staying DVC.

Thank you. He's very sweet, considerate, and compassionate.

Think we should book a brunch and dinner? Are any of the MDRs worth missing or should I not as its my first cruise?

He said he wants to go to the Vibe's opening night shindig and any treasure hunts around the ship for sure. He also loves trivia of any kind so I know he'd be up for that. I wish I could find out what other non video game activities or around the ship activities they'll have for his age group. If I could we could make solid Palo reservations.

So Google maps a separate app from Google?

Are you in Philadelphia? Cool! What for? And Jersey?

190 days!!!
Yep..its a seperate app.

Just got home...My company headquarters is in Philly and I have part of my team that works in NJ so I was out there this week to do mid year reviews. Very fun! I volunteered for a bump today and ended up with almost $600 in a SW flight voucher and only got home 4 hours later than planned. I smell a DL trip in my future.

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: