Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #421
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I need some help and insight friends......which DVC resort would you stay at for two nights in January:

BWV
VWL
BLT

Priced out tickets and looks like Joshua and I will have a resort day on Friday after driving from the Port of Miami, hit MK all day Saturday, and fly home Sunday.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #422
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I need some help and insight friends......which DVC resort would you stay at for two nights in January:

BWV
VWL
BLT

Priced out tickets and looks like Joshua and I will have a resort day on Friday after driving from the Port of Miami, hit MK all day Saturday, and fly home Sunday.

VWL and then BLT especially since you are doing a day at MK.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #423
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
VWL and then BLT especially since you are doing a day at MK.

Jill in CO

Thats what I was thinking. Plus I think Joshua will like the VWL theme better than BLT. They've got the trains and all that. I'm looking into what TS are offered at the VWL.

My only hesitation are the very dated rooms at the VWL unless they've been refurbed. We were in one visiting friends in 2007.

We've always both wanted to try the sushi at the Poly and since we're the only two that love sushi in our house, that Friday night might be an opportune time.

I'm guessing the Poly and VWL are not that far apart.

Do you take a boat to MK com the VWL?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #424
rentayenta

I forgot to add that the VGF were in the running but they've only got availability for Friday and not sure i want to deal with the waitlist process for Saturday.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #425
jedijill

Quote:
I forgot to add that the VGF were in the running but they've only got availability for Friday and not sure i want to deal with the waitlist process for Saturday.
You'll want to jump on either VWL or BLT b/c those go quick too.

Jill in CO
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #426
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You'll want to jump on either VWL or BLT b/c those go quick too.

Jill in CO

They do? I have to borrow so I have to be very sure. I'm stalking flights currently and hoping they'll come down. There's a chance DH and I will have to cancel Vegas in August so I'd like to wait to book in case I've got a flight credit from that cancelation. I'm not very good at plans being up in the air. I'm far too neurotic.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #427
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Alison, it's so good to see you on MyFitness Pal. I track my food even when I'm way over. It's crazy how much you move more than you thought.

199 days!!!

We're in the hundreds girl!!
I'm becoming obsessed with it, I start planning all my meals based on what I CAN eat, and I knew that all the stuff Fran had me doing would count towards calorie burning, but it's so much more obvious when you see how much that extra glass of wine or margarita costs!

Tonight I was dying for a lamburger, and since we don't get home until 11PM, I added it to my recipes on the drive home and then put half the calories in today and the other half in tomorrow! Now I have to walk around at a brisk pace in order to get extra calories to make up for the 285 deficit that I'm starting the day with. But it sure was good! At this rate I may even stay up a couple hours before going to bed. I still need to feed the cats!

Congrats on reaching the hundreds!!!!!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #428
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm becoming obsessed with it, I start planning all my meals based on what I CAN eat, and I knew that all the stuff Fran had me doing would count towards calorie burning, but it's so much more obvious when you see how much that extra glass of wine or margarita costs!

Tonight I was dying for a lamburger, and since we don't get home until 11PM, I added it to my recipes on the drive home and then put half the calories in today and the other half in tomorrow! Now I have to walk around at a brisk pace in order to get extra calories to make up for the 285 deficit that I'm starting the day with. But it sure was good! At this rate I may even stay up a couple hours before going to bed. I still need to feed the cats!

Thanks! Joshua and I are so excited and now that an MK day looks feasible, it's even more exciting. He just wanted to make sure he didn't miss anymore school. He's a great student, takes his studies seriously. He's also nervous about Junior High. Now just to figure out which DVC resort and soon. I'm leaning towards VWL as we've never stayed there.

I'm really proud of you for your dedication. Lifestyle changes are hard. You're kicking butt!! I agree too its so much more obvious when having to actually enter in the calories. I find huge discrepancies in some of the options on MyFitness Pal so I usually err on the high side.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #430
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

That is SO awesome! It really does work and yes, it can be addicting in its own way great job!!!!!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #431
franandaj

I forgot to add my choices... VWL would be relaxing and woodsy, There is stuff there for nice relaxing. BLT could also be nice because it makes resort hopping easy with the monorail. Plus you have TOTWL where you could watch the fireworks. I haven't stayed at VWL since the villas were built so I'll know more after my October stay. That said we loved BLT even if it was modern because the location was so great to get to other resorts.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #432
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well me, I'd pick BWV. But it's a Josh trip so I'd either let him pick or go for the lowest points!

If I let him choose we'd be at AKV. I really want to stay some place new. I've always wanted to stay at BWV. Why would you choose them?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #433
rentayenta

Quote:
I forgot to add my choices... VWL would be relaxing and woodsy, There is stuff there for nice relaxing. BLT could also be nice because it makes resort hopping easy with the monorail. Plus you have TOTWL where you could watch the fireworks. I haven't stayed at VWL since the villas were built so I'll know more after my October stay. That said we loved BLT even if it was modern because the location was so great to get to other resorts.

I'm really torn. Fireworks from the TOTWL sounds great especially since Friday won't be a park day. This is so hard. I like the monorail access to MK too. Is it by boat from the VWL?

Wonder how WCC is? We've been to Chef Mickeys, which we didn't love, and to California Grill. After being on the cruise for 5 nights, I'm thinking he might like WCC or again going to the Poly for sushi.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #434
jedijill

Quote:
I'm really torn. Fireworks from the TOTWL sounds great especially since Friday won't be a park day. This is so hard. I like the monorail access to MK too. Is it by boat from the VWL?

Wonder how WCC is? We've been to Chef Mickeys, which we didn't love, and to California Grill. After being on the cruise for 5 nights, I'm thinking he might like WCC or again going to the Poly for sushi.
It is easier to walk to the MK from BLT than take the monorail. WCC is fun. Artist Point is fantastic too if you want a Signature meal. I think Roaring Forks is one of the better CS places on property.

Jill in CO
Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #435
franandaj

Quote:

The VWL has busses and boats for transportation. At BLT it would be really easy to get to the Poly for sushi. I know you would be doing a studio, but the extra bathroom for us at BLT in the 1 bed is always a bonus. WCC doesn't have a lot of appeal to me. I would probably ask to sit in the library if we ate there. CA Grill is the restaurant with the most appeal to me at the Contemporary but we had a decent burger at Contempo. I like that the other resorts are just a monorail away. We're trying the Wave in October as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: