Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #391
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Awwww, thanks! Jeff's mom lives there so grandma is in HEAVEN having her there for a week, even if 3 days of it are residential at CSU. We still see, not at all sure it's the right academic fit but it is an amazing school. One of my engineers played a year of softball there so I got her take on the athletic program so that was good. Probably going to have K meet her over lunch.
Oh good...didn't realize Jeff's mom lived here...even better. Hope K finds the right school for her (with a full ride scholarship )

Jill in CO
Old 06-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #392
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
It's my downfall too. Ok that and cheese and chips. Honestly, when I was in weight loss mode I made sure I burned enough that day, to justify my wine that night. One 6 oz glass is about 114 calories. I don't know about you but my glasses just might be bigger than that and well, I may have more than one. 45 minutes of walking is worth one glass of wine, so is 50 minute of house cleaning but even better, so is 30 minutes of gardening. I will say I did give up beer for the most part about a year and a half ago. Not for weight loss reasons but because I have issues with carbonation. Pretty much stick to wine and that does help and we limit it to certain nights of the week as well as amount. Jeff cut beer to Fridays only, switching to wine, and just that alone helped him lose some.
I signed up for MyFitnessPal and typed in all my food and drink for yesterday. I was fine until I put the wine in! Then I was WAAAAAAY over!

This might cause me to think a little more about this!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #393
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I signed up for MyFitnessPal and typed in all my food and drink for yesterday. I was fine until I put the wine in! Then I was WAAAAAAY over!

Oh I SO know that feeling. Wait till you enter a margarita.

WAY TO GO for even entering it! That is awesome.

One huge thing is to realize not every can or will be under...I found looking at the whole week really helped me balance it out. I could go 300 over one day...and make it up 100 at a time over 3.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #394
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Oh good...didn't realize Jeff's mom lived here...even better. Hope K finds the right school for her (with a full ride scholarship )

Jill in CO
Yep! We will actually be out in August visiting. No clue on schedules yet but I will keep you posted
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #395
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

One huge thing is to realize not every can or will be under...I found looking at the whole week really helped me balance it out. I could go 300 over one day...and make it up 100 at a time over 3.
Uh-oh. We have both Margaritas and Mac-n-Cheese on the menu tonight!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #396
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Uh-oh. We have both Margaritas and Mac-n-Cheese on the menu tonight!
ruh row! I'm actually hoping to have Margaritas on the menu too although Jeff doesn't know it yet. Friday is my no cook night and we had horrible mexican a couple of weeks ago (the dangers of coupons) and need a do over.

Mexican is hard I think. I adore it but oh it shoots the calories for sure. Just a grande margarita, chips and salsa comes in close to 600 calories and you haven't really had any food yet! Even at home, my fajitas which outside of the flour tortilla is very healthy...eat 2 of them and you are at almost 1000 calories. Really carbs are hard. All of them. That's with nothing to drink, no sour cream, no guac, no refried beans. Homemade mac and cheese (which I won't pretend is remotely healthy but it does taste good) about the same and that's a pretty small portion. All I know is seeing that in black and white does motivate me to burn the calories as well, darn it, I want 2 fajitas, not one! And they aren't big ones either. LOL! And sometimes yeah, I need my mac and cheese.

It is crazy how the stuff adds up so fast. I mean I had what I'd consider a normal healthy lunch for me today (1 can tuna, 2 slices whole grain rye, 2oz extra sharp cheddar, no mayo or dressing). No breakfast except for black coffee. No snacks either. Assuming I don't burn any calories today, to maintain my current weight, all I could eat for the rest of the day/night is a whopping 758 calories. Subtract that margarita and chips and well...I get 158 left for real food. Skip the chips and maybe I get 300. That right there tells me I better go run.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #397
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Myfitness Pal email is jennikesheets@gmail.com if anyone wants to be friends.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #398
rentayenta

Quote:

I find that to be true too. Unfortunately I'll be over ALL weekend. We've got a crazy fun weekend planned but that means food and drink!

Last edited by rentayenta; 06-28-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #399
rentayenta

Quote:

Good for you Alison. I posted my email. It doesn't share what everyone is eating just shows little milestones. It's a great app.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #400
rentayenta

Gabby had to go to the Instacare today while at camp in CO. All it was was an infected ingrown toenail but camp didn't have the numbing shots. I was wracking my brain thinking: who lives in CO that I can call when I first got the call. I was freaking out a little. They ended up not cutting it out but giving her an antibiotic.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #401
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Gabby had to go to the Instacare today while at camp in CO. All it was was an infected ingrown toenail but camp didn't have the numbing shots. I was wracking my brain thinking: who lives in CO that I can call when I first got the call. I was freaking out a little. They ended up not cutting it out but giving her an antibiotic.

I'm in Colorado...you could call me.

Jill in CO
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #402
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

Awesome!
Its so exciting! I think I'll be paid in full this weekend. I'll also change to late seating.

Quote:
I know I know, money is just always in the back of my mind. Thank you it's going to be a fantastic trip!
I hear ya! The cost is always looming. If it weren't, I'd have thousands of DVC points.

Quote:
I love it! Most of my friends have kids and they'll act like psychopaths while my friends just smile and ignore it, or worse comment on how amazing their children are. It amuses me greatly.

There is nothing worse than some else's I'll behaved kids and parents who either look the other way or make excuses for it. Mine have definitely had their share of moments.

Quote:
Yes, and they really are amazing. I love when they have the lights dance to the transiberian orchestra. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

It sounds amazing and all of the photos are memorizing. I cannot even imagine how spectacular it is in person. You'll be right in the action this year at the VGF!

Quote:
The same, no need for a big one. Looks like Hertz is the closest to the port. Right now I can only get an estimate for $160, hopefully it will go down.

I think it's more when you pick up and drop off at different locations. I priced them out for Las Vegas this Thanksgiving and gone are the days of $11 rentals.

Quote:
Have you decided what you'll do post cruise?
No and I need to. I don't see the harm in staying a couple nights however I have to borrow to make the reservation so I have to be sure.

Last edited by rentayenta; 06-28-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #403
rentayenta

Quote:

I'm in Colorado...you could call me.

Jill in CO

I almost Facebooked you just in case. I got the call saying mom, I'm on my way to Instacare and I about flipped. I did realize though she was speaking and calm so I calmed down.

Thank you for the offer. It's very sweet and reassuring.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #404
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I almost Facebooked you just in case. I got the call saying mom, I'm on my way to Instacare and I about flipped. I did realize though she was speaking and calm so I calmed down.

Thank you for the offer. It's very sweet and reassuring.
Anytime. Glad it was something minor. PM and I'll give you my cell phone # just in case.

Jill in CO
Old 06-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #405
rentayenta

Quote:
Anytime. Glad it was something minor. PM and I'll give you my cell phone # just in case.

Jill in CO

and and done.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: