Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #181
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,365

You intrigued me so I went and found the video. I agree, I'd like to sail on the Magic before all these changes but sadly won't be able to. Everything looks really cool though, can't wait to try the Aquadunk!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #182
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
You intrigued me so I went and found the video. I agree, I'd like to sail on the Magic before all these changes but sadly won't be able to. Everything looks really cool though, can't wait to try the Aquadunk!
I agree the Aquadunk looks like a blast. And they'll be that twisty slide too. The Magic may be our choice for 2015. Thankfully I have lots of time to plan.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #183
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,729

Joshua seems like a cool kid. I hope he has a good time on the cruise. You don't have to be early for every show, some are better attended than others. Also you might not necessarily want to attend every show. Sometimes the relax time is worth more than the show time. We only went to one or two shows on each cruise.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #184
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Joshua seems like a cool kid. I hope he has a good time on the cruise. You don't have to be early for every show, some are better attended than others. Also you might not necessarily want to attend every show. Sometimes the relax time is worth more than the show time. We only went to one or two shows on each cruise.


I don't think we'll see every show to be honest. We're not huge stage show people. I'm sure we'll see one or two but can't imagine going every night. Do they have one every night? We love our pool time. I hope the weather cooperates in January.


He's a great kid. We just got back from a bike ride and we were talking all about the cruise. We don't talk about it in front of the girls, because they aren't going , so we talk about it when no one else is there. I'm so glad we booked it for just the two of us. The girls have more than proven that missing school is no longer an option when choosing to vacation. It's sad and I miss the days of taking off anytime. That's the main reason we have to get Disneyland Premium APs instead of Deluxe.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #185
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

264 days!!!




Thanks to RedskinFan on our cruise meet thread I was able to snag some very cool and very cheap costumes for pirate night. Even if DS just wears the coat and sash and just ditches the beard, it was very worth $10. I'm really excited. Not sure we'll do the whole boots thing and will Disney allow fake swords? I tried to upload photos but they are very blurry. Guess they'll be a surprise.

__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #186
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

263 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #187
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
: 263 days!!!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #188
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post



Thanks for dancing with me! I guess I should be concentrating on the actual reason were taking the cruise. Joshua's bar mitzvah. We're on track but I could be a little more proactive.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #189
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,552

Look at you with your daily countdown! I guess I should be counting down a little better myself. But quite honestly I don't even know if the other couple we are going with made their cruise reservation. I know. I know. Don't ask.........



Congrats on the great deal on the pirates costume!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #190
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Look at you with your daily countdown! I guess I should be counting down a little better myself. But quite honestly I don't even know if the other couple we are going with made their cruise reservation. I know. I know. Don't ask.........



Congrats on the great deal on the pirates costume!



I love a good countdown.

They haven't made their reservations? Amateurs. How is that possible?

The costumes are really cute. I wish I could post a picture but its blurry. Do you dress up on pirate night?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #191
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER]I don't think we'll see every show to be honest. We're not huge stage show people. I'm sure we'll see one or two but can't imagine going every night. Do they have one every night? We love our pool time. I hope the weather cooperates in January.
Not every night, no. I think there are 3 total so longer cruises give you more non show nights. There will be a comedy or family show on nights there isn't a stage show (or on all nights maybe, I am not sure) andn then pirate night is kind of considered it's own show night for many I think. You should be able to figure out how many and general timeframe by looking at navigators for the same length of cruise and ship if there are any out there to compare.

I will say, we felt the same. We made it to 2 out of 3 on the Wonder and really regretted missing the 3rd (on a 7 night cruise). As a result we made it to all 3 on the Dream. Well, Jeff and I made it to all 3. I think K saw one and the E's saw 2. I'm glad we saw all 3 though I am fairly positive we will skip the golden mickeys on the next one (since we've seen it twice now) and then see the other two.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #192
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Not every night, no. I think there are 3 total so longer cruises give you more non show nights. There will be a comedy or family show on nights there isn't a stage show (or on all nights maybe, I am not sure) andn then pirate night is kind of considered it's own show night for many I think. You should be able to figure out how many and general timeframe by looking at navigators for the same length of cruise and ship if there are any out there to compare.

I'm glad there's not a show every night. I didn't know pirate night didn't have a show so that's one night for us without a show. The Golden Mickeys looks good but I'm not sure about the other two. Toy Story could be cute. I wish I could see a current Navigator. I've searched and cannot find any. Maybe it's a user error?

Quote:
I will say, we felt the same. We made it to 2 out of 3 on the Wonder and really regretted missing the 3rd (on a 7 night cruise). As a result we made it to all 3 on the Dream. Well, Jeff and I made it to all 3. I think K saw one and the E's saw 2. I'm glad we saw all 3 though I am fairly positive we will skip the golden mickeys on the next one (since we've seen it twice now) and then see the other two.

Whats the third show on the Wonder? I don't see Joshua wanting to see all three. He won't know he'd be missing out even if I tell him. I can see him swimming up until dinner on at least one of the nights. Hs a water fool like me. Is Golden Mickeys not great? That's the one that seems to get the most consistently good reviews.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #193
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 22,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm glad there's not a show every night. I didn't know pirate night didn't have a show so that's one night for us without a show. The Golden Mickeys looks good but I'm not sure about the other two. Toy Story could be cute. I wish I could see a current Navigator. I've searched and cannot find any. Maybe it's a user error?
Toy Story was definitely cute. I made sure that we saw that one. They have something called Twice Charmed, Golden Dreams and a I'm not sure what else at least that was on our 7 night cruise. We only saw Villains Tonight on our last cruise.
__________________
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!


franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #194
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Toy Story was definitely cute. I made sure that we saw that one. They have something called Twice Charmed, Golden Dreams and a I'm not sure what else at least that was on our 7 night cruise. We only saw Villains Tonight on our last cruise.

I read that the Villains show is really good. Toy Story looks good. Joshua was the biggest Buzz fan when he was little. I'm sure we'll see 2 out of 3 but I can't see Joshua wanting three nights of shows. I'm hoping he meets a friend or 10 because I'd really like to check out the bars. And I'd eat at Palo alone too if I knew he'd be occupied. I know my chances of getting a reservation last minute are slim though.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #195
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,409

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm glad there's not a show every night. I didn't know pirate night didn't have a show so that's one night for us without a show. The Golden Mickeys looks good but I'm not sure about the other two. Toy Story could be cute. I wish I could see a current Navigator. I've searched and cannot find any. Maybe it's a user error?
The Golden Mickeys are cute, we've just seen it twice already is all. I think the 3rd show on the Wonder is Disney Dreams, we missed it so I am not sure. Pirate night does have a show...it's just at the pool lol! Josh will know though...unless you hide the Navigators.

We liked Toy Story. The boys liked Disney Dreams the best of the 3 on the wonder (assuming that is the right one lol).
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: