Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #151
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
The only "free" beverages are coffee, water and soda at the refill station. there may be juice in at the buffet (tea and cocoa too for that matter) but I honestly don't recall.

Looks like it'll be Captain and Coke for me. I'll break my soda ban if its mixed with booze. Did you go to the store first? What food and dink did you bring on the ship?

Quote:
I agree, just bring a bottle on board that you refill instead of buying it for the excursions, the bottled is crazy expensive. And if you are buying the one for Josh, you've got them right there

Yeah, his gift conveniently comes with two bottles. It's a win win. I loves necessities that double as gifts. Did your kids spend much money on board? Did they need money for anything? Arcade? Anything like that?

Quote:
Jeff got a wild hare to order a case of it, I think they were running some promo right before sail away, and we didn't even drink all of it. It was SO odd and unlike him.
It seems so $$$. Michael would be the one to order it and I'd be more reluctant.

Quote:
I'd suggest having most of your luggage delivered to your stateroom and your carryon to include swimsuits/coverups/flip flops, sunscreen, camera, other electronics if you are bringing, and then the beverages. Food items can go in your checked bag. That way it shouldn't be too much for either of you to carry. We found the cooler/fridge to do a fine job in Alaska, only had to use ice the first night as well to get the initial chill.

I'm going to have as much as I can delivered to the room for sure but I'm going to really try not to overpack. I've turned into a terrible over packer. I want to carry as little as possible and I'm glad to know the cooler stays cool not that I'll need to keep a lot chilled but I do need ice cold water. Warm or room temp water frogs me out.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #152
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

273 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #153
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

I'm totally ordering one of these. I keep all of my notes/links here so they're easy to find.
http://www.kyssbags.com
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #154
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,164

That looks great, I've never heard of them before.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #155
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
That looks great, I've never heard of them before.


Kinda cool huh? I can't imagine there's much theft on the ships but the ports are a different matter. Realistically not everyone on the ship is honest. I'm going to look around for other options but I like the idea of this bag. I'm a worrier.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #156
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Looks like it'll be Captain and Coke for me. I'll break my soda ban if its mixed with booze. Did you go to the store first? What food and dink did you bring on the ship?
No real food other than some leftover snack stuff. We brought beer, wine and rum on board


Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Yeah, his gift conveniently comes with two bottles. It's a win win. I loves necessities that double as gifts. Did your kids spend much money on board? Did they need money for anything? Arcade? Anything like that?
The ship is cash free, everything gets charged to your room. So you can decide whether he has charging privileges or not. The arcade runs on a card system that you buy and load. We did not give our kids charging privileges, they had allotments of souvenir money and once they picked what they wanted, we charged it to the room on their behalf. We also picked up the arcade card. Things that cost extra are smoothies, candy, arcade, and souvies.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #157
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

272 days!!!





Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
No real food other than some leftover snack stuff. We brought beer, wine and rum on board
With room service I'm thinking we won't need much food either. Beer, wine, and rum? Sounds perfect. And some Advil.




Quote:
The ship is cash free, everything gets charged to your room. So you can decide whether he has charging privileges or not. The arcade runs on a card system that you buy and load. We did not give our kids charging privileges, they had allotments of souvenir money and once they picked what they wanted, we charged it to the room on their behalf. We also picked up the arcade card. Things that cost extra are smoothies, candy, arcade, and souvies.

Thats good to know, thank you. So will our OBC be attached to our room key? I'm giving him a $50 OBC and can't imagine he'll need more than that. Of my our kids, he asks for the least amount of stuff. I think $50 with the water bottle, back pack, and cards should be more than enough for gifts. Does CC have anything special? I doubt we'll buy anything in Cozumel unless I find a piece of pottery. I love colorful Mexican pottery.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #158
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
EastYorkDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East York (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,558

any money you put on the account will be accessible by all key card holders in a stateroom. I don't think there is away to limit one card to a certain amount.
__________________
Heading West for DPN WestFest 2010 - TR underway F & F at the DLR! Fun and planing for DPN WestFest 2011

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #159
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
272 days!!!


Thats good to know, thank you. So will our OBC be attached to our room key? I'm giving him a $50 OBC and can't imagine he'll need more than that. Of my our kids, he asks for the least amount of stuff. I think $50 with the water bottle, back pack, and cards should be more than enough for gifts. Does CC have anything special? I doubt we'll buy anything in Cozumel unless I find a piece of pottery. I love colorful Mexican pottery.
$50 is more than enough. The boys spent between $20-30 each and ended up with one "bigger" thing as a result. Granted, they had used up some of their budget earlier in the trip so they spent what was left but both got what they wanted without feeling like there was something they couldn't get but didn't have enough left.

Both had expected to find something at CC and neither did. If they'd have had more left they'd likely have gotten pins but both were content with what they got and have gotten a ton of use out of them.

The $50 OBC will be on your shipboard account, it's all one account just like your KTTW at WDW is. So anything you buy goes on there, the $50 shows as a credit and you'll owe the difference.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #160
mrp4352
DIS Veteran
 
mrp4352's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 2,244

Hi!!

I'm jumping in late here, but I made it!

We prefer late dining, and while we'd grab a snack before the show (often a cheese tray while we were changing for the evening), we'd rarely eat during the show. The popcorn was bagged popcorn (like a pototo chip bag) and had to be purchased.

Also, I think the Remy report was posted, but if you'd like, I have one in my Dream trip report in my signature.
__________________
Smiles! Michelle




Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #161
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
$50 is more than enough. The boys spent between $20-30 each and ended up with one "bigger" thing as a result. Granted, they had used up some of their budget earlier in the trip so they spent what was left but both got what they wanted without feeling like there was something they couldn't get but didn't have enough left.

Both had expected to find something at CC and neither did. If they'd have had more left they'd likely have gotten pins but both were content with what they got and have gotten a ton of use out of them.

The $50 OBC will be on your shipboard account, it's all one account just like your KTTW at WDW is. So anything you buy goes on there, the $50 shows as a credit and you'll owe the difference.

I was hoping CC would have something neat to buy. I'm sure he'll want a CC pin. He loves his pins. Can they trade on the ship? I think I read that they can but I wonder if there's a specific pin trading place/activity/person? That's one thing I loved about AKV, the King Pin. SSR also had a huge pin trading board.

I'm glad $50 should be enough.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
I'm jumping in late here, but I made it!

We prefer late dining, and while we'd grab a snack before the show (often a cheese tray while we were changing for the evening), we'd rarely eat during the show. The popcorn was bagged popcorn (like a pototo chip bag) and had to be purchased.

Also, I think the Remy report was posted, but if you'd like, I have one in my Dream trip report in my signature.

So glad to have you.

I'll go check out your report. I see one for the Wonder too. That's what we'll be sailing.

I think I'm going to switch to late dining. I hate to go right to sleep on all that food but I just can't see having to cut our sunlight short for the same meal experience we can have later on.



271 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #162
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I was hoping CC would have something neat to buy. I'm sure he'll want a CC pin. He loves his pins. Can they trade on the ship? I think I read that they can but I wonder if there's a specific pin trading place/activity/person? That's one thing I loved about AKV, the King Pin. SSR also had a huge pin trading board.

I'm glad $50 should be enough.
Yes and yes. They will sell CC pins on the ships as well. They can trade at any time in the shops or with CM's but there is also some specific times for it and that will show up in your navigator. The boys did it on both cruises and loved it.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #163
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Yes and yes. They will sell CC pins on the ships as well. They can trade at any time in the shops or with CM's but there is also some specific times for it and that will show up in your navigator. The boys did it on both cruises and loved it.


Yay and yay! I wish I could see a current navigator.


I told Michael tonight that I'm going on a girls trip to WDW next May. He said great! I'm so in!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #165
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 23,845

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Yay!!!!! That would be so cool!!!!
I know it's super far off and everything can change but thought I should get it out on the table.

I'm reading your girls only trip report from the beginning and I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I saw some things on FB and the Photopass but the details didn't click.

What a beautiful memorial video MaryEllen made.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS12 Riley Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: