Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer

Garden Grill question

Last trip, I ate at Garden Grill as a party of three, so the preplated food was fine. This trip, I'm solo and thinking of eating there, but I'm concerned with wasting food. Is it possible to tell the waitstaff to just bring certain foods or is everything already plated, and I'm going to end up with a big pile of uneaten food on my plate and a very guilty look on my face?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Never hurts to ask!! But IIRC, I think when we had been there a bit, I remember them asking if we wanted any more of anything, and they brought out a specific dish of whatever it was. So I would not imagine that your request would be difficult.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

I dont have an answer but would like to know what you find out. Im dining solo there in October and was wondering the same thing for here and 'Ohanas. Im assuming they will bring out whatever I ask. Servers have always been pretty reasonable in my experience.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! POR - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

DD10 and I ate at GG a few weeks ago. Even though DD is considered an adult, our server asked her if she wanted the kid's option and she said yes. I also asked for no fish (DD had just fed them on the Behind the Seeds tour and was freaked out about seeing it on the plate lol). I also asked for my meat a little more well done. They are so very accommodating! The portions for DD and I were both perfect (even though it looked like a lot at first! We managed to eat it all as it is all so good!)
I'm sure they will be happy to bring or not bring whatever you would like. They seem to have a good handle on portion sizes for the size of your party. Go hungry for sure!!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
DD10 and I ate at GG a few weeks ago. Even though DD is considered an adult, our server asked her if she wanted the kid's option and she said yes. I also asked for no fish (DD had just fed them on the Behind the Seeds tour and was freaked out about seeing it on the plate lol). I also asked for my meat a little more well done. They are so very accommodating! The portions for DD and I were both perfect (even though it looked like a lot at first! We managed to eat it all as it is all so good!)
I'm sure they will be happy to bring or not bring whatever you would like. They seem to have a good handle on portion sizes for the size of your party. Go hungry for sure!!
Yes, this has also been the case with me and my dd. She didn't want any of the "adult" food, just the "kids" food, so they brought me a plate with a little of each item that I wanted. I also had the salad as well. This is what my plate looked like at the time (keep in mind some of the food is different as the menu does change there a few times a year).

Feel free to check out my full review on GG at my website:
http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/g...ille-epcot.htm

BTW, this is one of my favorite character meals in all of WDW. I'm sure the CM traveling with the characters will be more than happy to take pictures of you with the characters.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I ate there with an infant (he didn't eat there) and they brought a plate with a small amount of everything, then asked me if I wanted more of anything in particular. If there is something you know you won't eat ahead of time, I'm sure you may tell them to leave that off your plate.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I ate solo at the Garden Grill last August and was able to tell them exactly what I wanted and even get seconds on some things

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: