Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
mickeeemouse
Mouseketeer

Question Crystal Palace or Cape May for breakfast?

Which do you think is better for breakfast? Cape May or Crystal Palace? I know there characters are different, how about their food is one better then the other in your opinion. Thank you for your help

mickeeemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

I can only speak to Crystal Palace. The food was fine. I booked breakfast there to get into MK early. It was an amazing opportunity to take pictures in front of Cinderella's castle as a family without any interference (we got there early enough to do it before our meal and still had time after before the park opened as well). Nothing really stood out for me. Characters came around in a timely fashion and we got a visit from all the characters before we left!
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I don't think one place has the advantage at breakfast as far as food quality goes. They're both buffets. I'd pick the one that is closest to the park you will be at for the day. Makes transportation and time management much easier.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I love Crystal palace. First, they have an omelette/ made-to-order eggs station. This is where you get chocolate chip pancakes. They also have poohs puffed french toast and the very delightful breakfast lasagna. So good its ridiculous. I love this place.

I also love cape may thou because it quieter and very pretty as well. Only a pain to get to.

Can't go wrong with either. Choose based on characters and where you will be that day.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at both. Crystal Palace is a must do for us for our annual trip in late summer. We did Cape May in December for hubby's 60th birthday with our son and his girlfriend and our best friends. We won't be back to Cape May. To me the selection was quite limited, the food was warm at best and we just didn't care for it as we had the last time we'd been there (2008). It definitely wasn't worth the cost. I would definitely pick the Crystal Palace.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

I like to think that I review the restaurants based on their merits as opposed to through the Disney "lens." Haven't tried Cape May but Crystal Palace was awful -- seated 20 minutes after reservations, food was barely edible and service was just adequate. My daughter, who was around 14 at the time we ate there, refers to this as the "nasty breakfast place." I would recommend anywhere else. Waffle House is significantly better.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
emmababy
DIS Veteran

Cape may was cute and laid back! Love crystal palace!
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We haven't had breakfast at Crystal Palace, but we love Cape May. Cape May for breakfast is one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: