Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

College Program Question Superthread

Hi everyone,

RogerRadcliff has asked that we help this board a bit so that questions can be more easily found and answered.

I thought I would start a College Program Superthread and link to threads where questions have been repeatedly asked.

I was thinking that maybe a FAQ/Question thread might be a good idea.

So, if we were to have a sticky, what tips would you want to be included in the FAQ section and what threads would you want to be linked? We can make this a running thread, and when it reaches 250 pages we'll create a new one and link to this one.

I'm also open to suggestions.

mj
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

I believe there is a thread for Character heights and CP Auditions. I am always needing to refer back to the heights every centimeter I grow haha to see where I would fall at my height.

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
LionKingDramaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Adding links would be really helpful.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

How about DisneyFreak508's Report about College Program that she is doing now? This is a good report of the life of a College Program member: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050629
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
leebee
DIS Veteran

SUCH a good idea!

Hi, Mary Jo

My daughter is applying for 2013 Fall CP so we have been all over this board for info, over and over again. Just this morning I was thinking about how helpful it'd be to have some stickies specifically about the CP. Not only would it make things easier for those looking for CP info, but it'd "free up" the rest of the board so it could truly become a "College" Board and not a College PROGRAM board!

Here's what we have been looking for, so of course I think stickies on these would be helpful:

Character heights- there is a list at the beginning of "Character Heights/CP auditions" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1694898 but that list is from 2008, the thread is 127 pages long, and it's time consuming, at best, to search through to find an updated list.

Application process- Somewhat confusing, as there's an initial application, a web-based application, and a phone interview- and also an audition for anyone interested in a performance role. Info about housing, costs, etc., is on the disney site if you can dig deeply enough, but it'd be helpful to have in advance, to help decide if the CP is really "for you." Of course the info from previous CP participants would be great! Questions about the process are all over the place. ONE sticky that gives the process info would be terrific!

Role descriptions- The current official Disney CP webpage lists roles, but when you try to "click-through" for descriptions, it just shows you a picture. We were going nuts trying to find actual role descriptions on the official webpage, as DD's application wants her to list high/moderate/low/no interest in each job category. It's sure nice to know what jobs fall within the categories and what the responsibilities are! There's a good, current list here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865764), but this'd be nice to have as a sticky.

Entertainment audition/application info- I think there might be a lot of misinformation on this because some of the threads are so long that they really become mis-informative, confusing, or too long to read thoroughly. Questions such as: What roles are auditioned for? Face, fur... but what about parade performers, holiday show performers, etc.? What do you need for an audition, how to dress, what to take (head shot? resume? etc), how long/how many people are typically at these auditions? What to expect/what is the audition process like? ALSO... how exactly does this work out? Do you apply for entertainment specifically on your CP application- or do you indicate other interests and then if you get entertainment they sub it in for whatever you put as 1st choice- do you know your role before you go to the CP and if you don't like it can you choose something else? ALSO... what is the possibility for a dancer? I know that one of the Mickey shows and Beauty&Beast are Equity, but have read that other shows (like FOTLK) are not Equity. What about being a dancer in the parades? (can you tell what DD is interested in?)

Anyhow... these are things that we have been searching for repeatedly, and it's frustrating as there is VERY good information buried deep within long, unwieldy, mis-informative threads. Somehow capturing the "best of the best" and sticky-ing it, in a place where it can be easily updated, would be SO INCREDIBLY HELPFUL!!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Are there different personalities at each of the different apartment complexes?

So from what I have read, Vista Way is the party central for everyone. So what is Patterson Court and Chatham Square? Is it like the "rich kids" apartments?

When that time comes for me to go into the program and hopefully get accepted, I will for sure wanna live in Patrerson or Chatham. But I'm kinda worried that I would be the only one in my (wellness) apartment that isn't going to the parties. Did people on your apartment take the risk of going and drinking at those parties? So I'm going to be applying for the Culinary program, does that mean everyone in my apartment will be in the Culinary program too? Last question, what are the chances of getting accepted into the Culinary program?

Edit:
One more question. How do you become friends with people from other apartments in your complex? I'm really worried about making friends with everyone, especially in my own apartment. So advice would be very helpful.
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
So from what I have read, Vista Way is the party central for everyone. So what is Patterson Court and Chatham Square? Is it like the "rich kids" apartments?

When that time comes for me to go into the program and hopefully get accepted, I will for sure wanna live in Patrerson or Chatham. But I'm kinda worried that I would be the only one in my (wellness) apartment that isn't going to the parties. Did people on your apartment take the risk of going and drinking at those parties? So I'm going to be applying for the Culinary program, does that mean everyone in my apartment will be in the Culinary program too? Last question, what are the chances of getting accepted into the Culinary program?

Edit:
One more question. How do you become friends with people from other apartments in your complex? I'm really worried about making friends with everyone, especially in my own apartment. So advice would be very helpful.
No it doesn't mean everyone in your apartment will be in your culinary program, it is based entirely on arrival-departure dates and it is not always based on that. You could be placed into an apartment that already has people in it.

I am currently living in Chatham, the apartment complexes are not based on personality. Apartments are a first come, first serve order. Most people want Patterson or Chatham, some people don't. There are people who line up at 11:30 PM the night before to ensure they aren't placed in Vista, but there are also people who snag a Chatham apartment like me who lined up at 7 am. It also depends on your preference of how many roommates you want. You can try posting on Facebook before you arrive to find roommates to line up with and you can ask to be placed in the same apartment, the one thing with this is you'll have to be open to having roomies you don't know as they may not always have the bedrooms you want. Vista has the largest housing and thus most people end up there. It is a reputation, but almost all the housing complexes have people who drink and party but there are also people who don't. If you are underage, be careful about going to a party where there is drinking. You won't be termed over it as long as you don't physically hold the alcohol at any point - even if you are just holding it for someone could be grounds for termination.

What apartment complex you are wanting can also depends on your mode of transportation. Patterson is about a 5 minute walk from Chatham but it is right around the corner. Vista has a central hub as well as an education center. As for getting along with your roomies, you have such different work schedules, it is entirely possible you'll never see them. I haven't really seen people at my own apartment complex. The best place to make friends is the bus, work and your training classes.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: