Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
iheartwalt
Mouseketeer

Here now, need snack help :)

All right, despite our best snacking efforts we still have 10 credits left and 2.5 park days to go. We know about the standard choices (dole whips and school bread are favorites of ours) but please give a shout out to your favorite DDP snack credit choices. Tonight we are at MK, tomorrow Epcot, and AK Sunday. I know we can bring pre-packaged snacks home but would rather enjoy things in the parks. Also, we are staying at Pop and wouldn't be against getting something here or at AoA. Thanks all!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartwalt View Post
All right, despite our best snacking efforts we still have 10 credits left and 2.5 park days to go. We know about the standard choices (dole whips and school bread are favorites of ours) but please give a shout out to your favorite DDP snack credit choices. Tonight we are at MK, tomorrow Epcot, and AK Sunday. I know we can bring pre-packaged snacks home but would rather enjoy things in the parks. Also, we are staying at Pop and wouldn't be against getting something here or at AoA. Thanks all!!!
MK - cinnamon roll is my son's favorite or a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich
Epcot - Almond Pretzel from Norway, Pretzel from Germany, snack from Werther's in Germany, Dessert in France, and my son's favorite...the Yaki Gori from Japan (sp?!)
AK - Jalapeno cheese pretzel
POP - cheesecake or the speciality cupcake

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

I think you can get chili cheese fries with a snack credit at Pecos Bills in MK. That could be a dinner for me, but I'm not sure about your family.

I would go to the bakery in either France or Germany while you're in Epcot. Tons of options.

There is a zebra cupcake somewhere at AK that is suppose to be phenomenal...maybe somebody can chime in and say where it is?

Oh, at AoA, Josh at easyWDW highly recommends the...I think it's pesto bread? Or cheesy bread? Anyway, it is supposed to be delicious and very good use of a snack credit! Also, the smoothies are snack credits there, just not the "create your own" smoothie.

Have fun the rest of your trip!

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013**Caribbean Beach June 2015

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
coachluver3
Disneydooneyluver

snacks

i always use my credits up with the rice krispty treat mickey's
they travel well and are are good snack in the airport.
coachluver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
iheartwalt
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys, I am adding many things to the list!
Cupcakes are hard for us as DS (2) has an egg allergy and can't eat most baked goods (we bought the baby cakes ones for him but other than the frosting he doesnt care for them), we did manage to eat a Starring Rolls Butterfinger cupcake during his nap yesterday and I am keeping my eyes peeled here at Pop for The King cupake but haven't found it.
Okay, now just waiting for DS to wake up from his nap so we can get back to park
Any other ideas and suggestions are welcome
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
DisMN
DIS Veteran

At the funnel cake booth tucked in over at Liberty Square they have that waffle spread with nutella and filled with fresh fruit. Such a delicious treat! Partly good for you, partly not. LOL The best kind of treat.

AK has a cookie/bakery cart that has an out of this world cinnamon crumble cake and the cake is huge, easy to share! Sorry, I can't really describe where it is. Oh wait....maybe this will help. It's located nearish the lemur viewing area. But not quite there. LOL

Can you use your credits at downtown disney anywhere? If so and if you're going there I highly recommend a new treat we found on our trip a few weeks ago. It's at Cooke's of Dublin. A big honkin' merengue sits atop a bowl of the most wonderful vanilla ice cream I have EVER tasted. They top all this with a few cut fresh strawberries. This too is large enough to share.

Have fun!

*ETA whoops, didn't see the egg allergy before I posted. The merengue is definintely out! Sorry about that.
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

At Epcot, we love the Cloudberry Horn (It might be called a Troll Horn now?) at the bakery in Norway, any pastry from France (my fave is the Napoleon), the Bavarian Cheesecake from Germany, and absolutely anything from Karamell-Kuche, especially the Chewy Caramel Bar (I think it is called that...it is actually a shortbread cookie with caramel all over the top).

At AK, Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel.

MK- We tried Mickey Premium Bars for the first time last trip and were amazed. We had always thought what's the big deal, it's just an ice cream bar...but they are really rich and delicious, so if you have never tried them, they are worth it. You can get sundaes at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor which are a great value for snack credits. There are nice snacks at the Confectionary (rice crispy treat, cake pop, praline bar) and they are all very good.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
Tinkarella
Mouseketeer

My favorite is in Epcot, Germany, in the Werthers store; Chocolate covered strawberry drizzled with caramel
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
TSM
Mouseketeer

If you can go to AoA for breakfast you can get the oatmeal with toppings like nuts brown sugar and fruit.it was really good. Also the pesto bread there!!
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

Definitely stop off in Germany for some caramel treats. Can't go wrong there. Another favourite snack of mine is the mango green or peach oolong tea at the Joy of Tea stand in China.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
GoofyGraham
Earning My Ears

oooooo

Quote:
By far the best solution... spend it all on bags of jelly beans and send them to me
I-Drive Sep 2005
Saratoga Springs Resort Aug 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort 5th-26th Sept 2011
Old Key West April 15th-29th 2013

Saratoga Springs booked, 21st September 2015
GoofyGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Definetly lots of great choices

One of my favorites is the bag of candied nuts at the cart in Epcot. Warm and delicious, great to share, and still taste great later on in the room. Also, fudge in MK. Yummmm!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #13
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys, I am adding many things to the list!
Cupcakes are hard for us as DS (2) has an egg allergy and can't eat most baked goods (we bought the baby cakes ones for him but other than the frosting he doesnt care for them), we did manage to eat a Starring Rolls Butterfinger cupcake during his nap yesterday and I am keeping my eyes peeled here at Pop for The King cupake but haven't found it.
Okay, now just waiting for DS to wake up from his nap so we can get back to park
Any other ideas and suggestions are welcome
Have you checked where they sell ice cream/shakes (near the bar in the food court)? That's where The King cupcakes were in June.
Past trips: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic, 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite
poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
smitch425
DIS Veteran

This sticky thread is worth a read...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039087
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

So many snacks, so little time...
Mickey Ice Cream Bars!!!!
Anything at the Karmel shop in Epcot!!!!
Go to AKL when you leave AK and try the Zebra Domes!!!!
Anything from Sunshine Seasons at the Land in Epcot.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: