Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debelfish View Post
you get Alligator Bayou buildings 14, 18 15 and maybe another building. They have just renovated the rooms to include two queen beds and used a murphy bed instead of the trundle bed. The murphy bed is recommended for children under 10 but I have read that teens and adults have used it comfortably. My 14 DD is only the size of a 10 y.o. so I am sure she will fit.
This was the only way I could guaranty a third bed.
Elizabeth
Great tip. Did not know that. Thanks.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
jasonflk
Earning My Ears

Many thanks for all the pointers and tips, I only went away for a few hours and it went to two pages!

We are doing Disney a bit on a budget but had budgeted two AoA standard rooms, I understand there is no guarantee in getting a connecting door and will plan if we don't get it if we go down that route.

The air mattresses sound like a great idea but for us we are travelling internationally into Florida so organising them might be a bit more of an issue but not impossible.

However I am interested in the Murphy beds at POR especially if we can "Guarantee" them.

I'm also interested in this
Quote:
Originally Posted by sksjasams View Post
We rented a roll away bed for DS,
How and where do you rent them from are they an option from Disney if so how much or where can i find more details about them?

Again many thanks for all your help it is appreciated.
jasonflk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #18
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Would it be out of the question for you to sleep in the same bed as DS and your wife to sleep in the same bed as DD? I am female and have a brother 2 years younger and a sister 4 years younger. Some hotels around the country allowed a roll away bed (not sure if they still do). My brother would sleep in the same bed as my dad, I would sleep with my mom, and my sister would sleep in the roll-away.

I know that's not necessarily an ideal situation for the parents...but it's only for a couple of days. It made the difference between us being able to do vacations and not, so we made do. It wasn't that bad (except my mom snores, lol).

Disney won't guarantee connecting rooms, so you HAVE to book a room that has 3 sleeping surfaces to be guaranteed the situation you desire. That can get kind of pricey. I wouldn't stick either of your kids on the murphy bed at POR...they'll likely be too big for it at their ages. This means you either have to book a suite or a deluxe resort. If that's in your price range, by all means, go for it!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
partypa
Mouseketeer

We simple ask for an extra roll-away bed at POR ( if we didn't have the Trundle/murphy bed ) and CSR, hasn't ever been a problem, works well, no need for 2 rooms for 4 people
partypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
sksjasams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed at POP when DS was 10. We rented a roll away bed for DS, and DH and I each took a double bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonflk View Post
I'm also interested in this...
How and where do you rent them from are they an option from Disney if so how much or where can i find more details about them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by partypa View Post
We simple ask for an extra roll-away bed at POR ( if we didn't have the Trundle/murphy bed ) and CSR, hasn't ever been a problem, works well, no need for 2 rooms for 4 people

We just asked for a roll away bed at check-in at POP, and they brought it right to the room. When we stayed (4 years ago), the price was $15/night. You could call or email the resort to ask for current pricing. I would think it would be similar.
sksjasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #21
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

I didn't include BC or YC or POR in my list because the rooms do not all have a day bed or murphy bed and priority for those rooms is given to families of 5. It's taking a big chance requesting it. I won't book a room unless I can pay for exactly what I need. If I'm dependent upon a request for a NEED (not just a want) then it's too much of a risk for me.

I wasn't aware that all BWI rooms have day beds. I thought it was like BC/YC in that only some have them. Good to know I can consider that as an option.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
Do you mean the trundle bed? I thought they didn't guarantee that? I could be wrong as I have never stayed there but I thought I read some posts of families of 4 that were not given the trundle bed and were told families of 5 have precedence of those?
Preferred is a new booking category and all of the buildings are located in AB, so you would be in the building with the two queen beds and the trundle.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #23
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
We just asked for a roll away bed at check-in at POP, and they brought it right to the room. When we stayed (4 years ago), the price was $15/night. You could call or email the resort to ask for current pricing. I would think it would be similar.
The bad thing is, you can't reserve roll-aways ahead of time. They hand them out on a first come first served basis. If someone chooses to go that route it is smart to have an air mattress on hand as a back up, just in case.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #24
jasonflk
Earning My Ears

You guys have given me lots to think about many thanks!

The question I really need to answer I guess will I be happy taking a chance on either getting a connecting room or being able to get a roll away.

If I Do not want to take the gamble then should I either go for a preferred room at POR if DD will be small enough?? or just go for a suite at AoA.

I'm going to have to chat the the rest of the family :-)

Again thanks for all the tips they have been great.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #25
maxiesmom

Quote:

If I Do not want to take the gamble then should I either go for a preferred room at POR if DD will be small enough?? or just go for a suite at AoA.

I'm going to have to chat the the rest of the family :-)

Again thanks for all the tips they have been great.
If the pool is a big thing in your vacation, book POR. They have a great pool area. The moderate resort pools have things the value resorts do not--slides and hot tubs, and more themeing.

If a pool doesn't matter much, book a suite at AoA (or the all star music, they are a bit cheaper there!) You will get much more space, and 2 bathrooms. If you decide to book POR you can always ask to be near a pool, and use that bathroom as an extra, if need be.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #26
jasonflk
Earning My Ears

Spoken with DW and family and we've come to conclusion that we will go with All-Star Music Family suite, just for the space and the price, We aren't planning on staying in the resort apart from sleeping anyway.

I'm just concerned about Big Tour Groups disturbing us in Jan and the transport bus service as it is shared with teh other all star resorts. Or it maybe that I really wanted to go to the Cars Family room and i got out voted
Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #27
maxiesmom

Quote:
Spoken with DW and family and we've come to conclusion that we will go with All-Star Music Family suite, just for the space and the price, We aren't planning on staying in the resort apart from sleeping anyway.

I'm just concerned about Big Tour Groups disturbing us in Jan and the transport bus service as it is shared with teh other all star resorts. Or it maybe that I really wanted to go to the Cars Family room and i got out voted
I've stayed at the All Stars 4 times now, and the buses don't share very often. And when they do it is not a big deal at all, as all 3 resorts are connected by their parking lots. How long a bus ride can that be? So don't stress about the buses.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #28
jasonflk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I've stayed at the All Stars 4 times now, and the buses don't share very often. And when they do it is not a big deal at all, as all 3 resorts are connected by their parking lots. How long a bus ride can that be? So don't stress about the buses.
And I was hoping for some support but many thanks for that has put my mind a ease ref the buses I suppose I was more bothered about having to wait for another bus if the one I was getting on was full.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #29
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
I've got the exact same need and here's what I've come up with as onsite options without having to book 2 rooms but having a guarantee of getting 3 beds.
AoA suites
ASMu family suites
Cabin at FW
WL bunk bed room
AKL bunk bed room
CR
Poly
GF
AKV 1br or 2br
BLT 1br or 2br
OKW 1br or 2br
any other DVC 2br

There's also always the option of packing an air mattress and booking any room anywhere.

ETA: I think that the deluxe rooms at BWI and BC also have a 3rd bed but I'm not positive.
GF rooms do not all have daybeds. Some are only two queens
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #30
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
GF rooms do not all have daybeds. Some are only two queens
Really? Shoot! So much for my desire to try GF one of these days. A third best is a must have for us. Thanks for letting me know.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: