Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #16
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Brown Derby is excellent! I agree that it's one of the best restaurants on property. For something simpler, Sci-Fi isn't bad--just stick with burgers & onion rings. A lot of people think the shakes are really good there.

Dining at the Studios is pretty slim pickin's.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
kerri0616
DIS Veteran

For CS, Backlot Express is quite decent. Had a nice turkey sandwich on multi-grain. Big angus burgers are also good. We were there over the Xmas holidays and had amazing holiday cupcakes for dessert.

Give it a shot.
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #18
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for your opinions! I think it's down to Sci-Fi or Backlot
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I would choose Backlot.

Personally, if you are on the dining plan I wouldn't waste a TS credit at Sci-Fi when you can get the same thing at Backlot Express. I wasn't impressed with the burgers at Sci-Fi and felt they were not much different than the ones you can get in the park.

This is just my preference and thoughts.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #20
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie
I would choose Backlot.

Personally, if you are on the dining plan I wouldn't waste a TS credit at Sci-Fi when you can get the same thing at Backlot Express. I wasn't impressed with the burgers at Sci-Fi and felt they were not much different than the ones you can get in the park.

This is just my preference and thoughts.

JMHO but the atmosphere at Sci-Fi is the star. The food is actually pretty good and you have to try the shakes.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #21
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Sci Fi is definitely a winner for atmosphere. Our girls are 16 & 18 now and still get the kids meal burger as younger one loves the tomato soup. They are accomodating about things like that since it's obvious that they are over the age limit! I've had the turkey sandwich that a PP mentioned and it is quite tasty. DH always gets a burger, which we enjoy as well. Wer will generally pay OOP for this meal as it's not a great use of a TS credit, esepcially with the teens eatiing KMs. Be warned though, that the seating can be tricky with little ones as you usually have to split up when sitting in the cars. There are a few car tables along with some picnic tables in the rear of the theater as well.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite)

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpirates View Post
We really like Mama Melrose. But that might be too heavy for lunch....we usually save that for dinner.

As of late we've s stuck to ABC Commissary (I really like their burger topped with a couple fried shrimp) and Starring Rolls (great sandwiches and of course CUPCAKES for dessert)!!!!
ABC Comimissary used to be the pits, but we like it now. It's inside, so that's a huge plus for QS, they have good burgers (same as everywhere else) and some other tasty treats.

We used to like Backlot Express, but we don't like the menu change so much, although it's fun to grab food and sit outside and watch Jedi Training.

We also don't mind Pizza Planet but be prepared with quarters. There's no way a kid can go in there and not play a video game.

Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #23
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

Sci-Fi has always been a fav in the past but on our last visit it seemed blah. I didn't like what I ordered (some kind of pasta) so another choice may be ok. Not planning on going back. We always choose Pizza Planet just because we like pizza and the kids can play a few games. The other QS locations aren't that great. Mama Melrose's is on my "to try" list though.
Octoberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: