Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

CS/QS large portions for kids to share??

We will have a 8 and 6 year old when we go in November, and we're hoping to cut some costs by letting them share some CS meals. They are both very good eaters and not too picky. What restaurants will we get the biggest bang for our buck?! Thanks!

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22girls56 View Post
We will have a 8 and 6 year old when we go in November, and we're hoping to cut some costs by letting them share some CS meals. They are both very good eaters and not too picky. What restaurants will we get the biggest bang for our buck?! Thanks!
Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom (if they aren't satisfied, add a side of onion rings)

Cosmic Rays at Magic Kingdom

At Epcot, I would just let them choose a side of whatever they want at whatever country they want. Like egg rolls or pot stickers at Lotus Blossom or fish and chips in the United Kingdom

Fairfax Fair at the Studios (although invest some time as those Cast Members walk slower than my father out of his wheelchair)
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22girls56 View Post
It's true a *few* of the CS meals are larger, our favorites being Flame Tree BBQ in AK, and Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, but they're not huge.

My 6 & 8 year olds could have eaten the complete meals if they were really hungry, especially the 8 year old. The children meals at Sunshine Seasons seemed a decent size.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
newdeal
DIS Veteran

I would give them each a kids meal rather than have them share a adult meal. The places mentioned previously have good sharing sizes for adult meals but the big meals have big price tags and its often more economical to get 2 kids meals some places may have kids meals big enough to share. We have found the kids meal at Japan in epcot very good (a cashew chicken type dish) and also pinocchio village haus has a good kids meal (right next to small world) with pasta and meat balls both of those might be sharable for 2 kids.
newdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

It depends on your kids. My DD9 and DS6 have shared an adult chicken strips with fries at various QS throughout WDW. There have even been times when my 3 year old ate with them too. You get a bunch of fries and 5 or 6 chicken strips. In our house, that will feed 2-3 kids depending on how hungry everyone is.

Me(44) DH(48) DS18/ DD11 DS8 DS6

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

at Cosmic rays in MK the half chicken mashed taters and seasonal veggie....it was a huge dinner and it easily could of fed the two kiddos..

I think that if you get a regular pasta and meatballs and breadstick at any of the resorts that offer that...that is easily enough for two...

IN the Land...there are a few items there that can be shared by you all..two meals and share it all between the kids and adults..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
chartle
DIS Veteran

To compare, most CS combo meals would be like what you would get at like Apple-bees or Chili's. A burgh meal is a 1/3 lb burger with a large fries and a large drink.

The chicken salad at Pizzafari was like 50% more salad with 50% more meat than you would get at a McDonalds or Wendy's.

Now some of the more unique items such as Sunshine seasons may not work to split. The salmon that some got in our group would only feed one.

Last edited by chartle; 02-08-2013 at 09:57 AM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: