Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

Tutto Italia or Via Napoli - Which Would You Choose??

Hello

We went to Via Napoli last year and really enjoyed it. I got a pasta with fish / shellfish and it was great, however looking at allears.net I'm not seeing it anymore.... I just took a 2nd look, and its still there!

We always like to try new things when we go, so I was thinking it would be nice to try Tutto Italia this trip. However, if we eat there, it would take the place of Via Napoli.

So is it worth it? Is Tutto good / better than Via Napoli? What would be your choice?

TIA!

Last edited by DisneyLvr55; 02-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.
DisneyLvr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

So when you went to Via last time, you didnt try their pizza???? Not even a bite? If thats the case, I vote for Via! Their pizza is outstanding!!!!! However, if you want pasta, i'd recommend Tutto. Theyre both really amazing restaurants, i loved both places. I had a delish lasagna at tutto....dessert/tiramisu was outstanding as well. But between the two, given a choice, i'd probably go with Via. I loved the pizza, ricotta fritters for dessert, and the blood orange drink. Sooo good. Plus i the atmosphere was really nice, I liked it better than Tutto.

You cant go wrong with either one to be honest. If you want pasta, go to tutto. For pizza, go to Via. PS: checkout my review and pics in my August 2012 dining review/link below!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

How many credits are their pizzas? If they are big enough to share, are they 2 credits?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

The individual pizza's are 1 TS credit. Theyre pretty big to be honest. If you get a salad bowl, I think 2 ppl can share an individual and leave feeling satisfied. But i'd just get your own.

I've heard mixed reports about ppl getting a large pizza on the DP. Theyre pretty strict on the DP. While there in August, i was told if youre on the DP, you can order an entree or individual pizza, but the pizza has to be from their list. You cant customize your own.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
vicb
DIS Veteran

Dh and I shared an individual pizza, salad and one dessert, plenty for us.
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

I LOOOOVVVVE Via Napoli's pizza, I agree it is a MUST try!! I also like their pasta, I nearly ate all my daughters rigatoni, lol! They also have different and delcious drinks and its more of an open kitchen feel. Tutto is a little bit "stuffier" and I honestly dont think its as good. I liked the old Alfredo's Restaurant way better. I dont have any desire to go back. Plus the service staff at Via are way friendlier.

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

This is a tough choice because both venues are really good. VN's specialty is the pizza, but you cannot share when using the dining plan (i.e., no using one credit to feed two people - they've been very strict about this in the past). If you've never tried their pizza, I highly recommend it.

VN: I love the aracini appetizer, proscuitto e melon pizza, and the Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni sundae (ugly but good sundae). The pasta dishes that I've tried have all been really good as well. In terms of atmosphere, VN is very airy and bright (at least during the day). I like watching the wood fired ovens while I eat.

Tutto Italia: The proscuitto di parma and calamari are very good, as is the seafood risotto. The desserts (tiramisu, hazelnut Gianduja) were okay. In terms of atmosphere, TI is darker with a more "formal" feel.

Both locations are very good and I would be happy at either place. If I had to pick only one, I'd go with VN because of the appetizers and desserts.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Ok in all fairness we have not tried Tutto but I have to say Via is a "hit" with us. Loved it and would go back again, pizza is amazing. The Vitello is a winner as well.

I "just" finished putting up my review with lots of photos on my website, be sure to check it out. (and I'm just craving that pizza now!!)

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/v...nch-review.htm
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
GF Girl
DIS Cast Member

I would definitely go with Via Napoli. I think the food is way better than Tutto Italia, and I come from an Italian family. You know how we judge Italian food.

Annual WDW Fanatic (20 Trips)
1983-1989 Contemporary
1990-1994 Grand Floridian
1997-1998 Wilderness Lodge
2000-2005 Grand Floridian
GF Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF Girl View Post
I would definitely go with Via Napoli. I think the food is way better than Tutto Italia, and I come from an Italian family. You know how we judge Italian food.
Wow, really, surprised to hear that but also glad to hear that. I know if we are given the choice again to try something new like Tutto or go to Via now that we've been, well I'd have to go with Via because I know how good it is.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

If you mainly want pasta dishes, Tutto, but for pizza, definitely Via Napoli!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Tutto was closed for renovations last time we were there I really wanted to try it based on menu, but I was so happy it was closed in the end. Via Napoli ended up being one of the best TS meals we had in our 6 day trip. It was actually the last ADR I made and outside of Le Cellier (which isn't comparing apples to apples!)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #13
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

We have eaten at both TI and VN over the past year or so and enjoyed both.

Since you've tried VN and enjoy trying new things, I definitely recommend TI.
We had pasta at TI and felt that it came near the quality of the former tenant Alfredo's. Our group thought it was delicious. The atmosphere is slightly more subdued compared to VN, but you're still in a Disney theme park and there are plenty of kids and a generally busy atmoshphere.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: