Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
robinsa88
Earning My Ears

Breakfast at wdw

Hi all,

We are two adults travelling together in December, we are foodies and will be doing the deluxe dining plan.
I have had so many fantastic recommendations and have now worked out everything, except two of our breakfasts.
We have a car so anywhere is fine....resorts or parks.
We are into buffets etc. and my friend is a vegetarian. All our breakfasts planned are character meals, so we would like the last two to be not character.
What are people's suggestions?
January 2009 - Hong Kong Disney; August 2010 - Disneyland; January 2011 - Mexican Riviera Cruise - Disney Wonder; January/February 2011 - Walt Disney World - 10 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas; February 2011 - Disneyland; July 2012 - Alaska Cruise - Disney Wonder; December 2013 - Western Caribbean Cruise - Disney Fantasy & Walt Disney World - 7 nights Saratoga Springs

robinsa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Jennny
Earning My Ears

I would recommend Boma. My husband and I ate there for our anniversary trip and loved it!
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
MINNEMUMMUM
MINNEMUMMUM

I agree with Boma.WOW what a buffet! DH and I also love the breakfast at OLivia's in OKW,great service,good food,and nice atmosphere! The Kona cafe at the Poly is great for breakfast Too.
MINNEMUMMUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

LOVE LOVE The Wave breakfast, they have an awesome buffet or you can order from their menu, but the buffet is the best value. It is not usually terribly busy, I consider it one of those "hidden" gems.

Feel free to check out my breakfast review with photos. We just did this breakfast last weekend and it's still my favorite!

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/w...ast-review.htm
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
robinsa88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422
LOVE LOVE The Wave breakfast, they have an awesome buffet or you can order from their menu, but the buffet is the best value. It is not usually terribly busy, I consider it one of those "hidden" gems.

Feel free to check out my breakfast review with photos. We just did this breakfast last weekend and it's still my favorite!

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/w...ast-review.htm
Thanks for this link - looks great, thinking I will add the wave for our 2nd MK day
January 2009 - Hong Kong Disney; August 2010 - Disneyland; January 2011 - Mexican Riviera Cruise - Disney Wonder; January/February 2011 - Walt Disney World - 10 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas; February 2011 - Disneyland; July 2012 - Alaska Cruise - Disney Wonder; December 2013 - Western Caribbean Cruise - Disney Fantasy & Walt Disney World - 7 nights Saratoga Springs

Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
robinsa88
Earning My Ears

Unsure about BOMA, we have a dinner booked there and I'm not sure about doubling up?

But don't have a breakfast plan for our AK day, so that may be a convenient choice...

Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

You can get breakfast at RFC in AK.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #8
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I've heard great things about Boma, Kona, and Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. I have a little one, so we stick to the character breakfasts most of the time, but I've only heard good things about those 3. Good luck! We love DxDP-enjoy it!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #9
robinsa88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877
I've heard great things about Boma, Kona, and Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast. I have a little one, so we stick to the character breakfasts most of the time, but I've only heard good things about those 3. Good luck! We love DxDP-enjoy it!
Thanks! We took a while to decide on the dxdp, it gets a lot of negative feedback, but as we are coming from Australia and want the full experience (we regretted last time not having a dining plan!). For us, the convenience is worth it, and as we want sit down meals over cs believe it will work well for us! I'm very excited by all the meal planning, hopefully we are able to secure the ADRs we are after!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

My hubby & I enjoyed Kona Cafe at Poly bfast. It was the BEST bacon I've ever had in my life there. HAH I'm not sure what they do to it there but it was amazing. You can always try one of the bakeries in the parks as well Although I wasn't impressed w/ the cinnamon roll personally.....

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Disney's Beignet review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
cgattis
DIS Veteran

I can echo the raves about the Wave breakfast buffet, and like OP can honestly say those were by FAR the best grits I've ever tasted!! I am a huge fan of Kona breakfast--I'm a Tonga Toast junkie. I would rate Tusker House as pretty close to a tie with Wave--loved it. But planning to try Boma breakfast this trip. Don't think you could go wrong with either of those on your AK day.

And now I'm starving.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

I agree with the PP, you can't go wrong with Kona or The Wave. They are both delicious. We have eaten at Boma quite a few times too, and we try to go there each visit as well. My DH would eat at Kona as often as I would plan it though. I have to say that I love the sweet potato pancakes at The Wave, yum!!!
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

BOMA and Tusker house--best "adult" breakfasts on property. Kona has a lot of fans (I am not one), just be aware that most of their breakfast offering are very, very sweet--and your party may like that!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
robinsa88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyDrake
BOMA and Tusker house--best "adult" breakfasts on property. Kona has a lot of fans (I am not one), just be aware that most of their breakfast offering are very, very sweet--and your party may like that!
Thanks for the advice on kona, I'm not into very sweet breakfasts so we might give that one a miss....lots of votes for BOMA now, so that might be a winner for our AK day - we are doing Tusker house for lunch, so it is no doubt too much to do it twice in a row.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Our favorite breakfasts at Disney, in order of preference:

1) Kona
2) Boma
3) Crystal Palace
4) Tusker House
5) Olivia's
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread