Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
AR81
DIS Veteran

Would you pay OOP for Chef Mickeys brkfst?

A little background- this will be my son's first trip and I want to make it as magical as possible. We are thinking about getting the quick service plan and just paying OOP for maybe 2 tableservice type meals. I want to be able to take them to Chef Mickey's and the breakfast is a little less expensive I believe than the dinner and it seems more appealing as well. Would you pay out of pocket for it? I realize we are not talking gourmet food but I think it would be so special before starting our day in the Magic Kingdom. I considered Crystal Palace but my son is 8 and my niece is 7-- a little too old to be interested in Pooh and characters. And this will be the only character meal as well.
AR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Keith
DIS Veteran

Absolutely. I've done it twice before and would do it again. We enjoyed breakfast more than dinner.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Reese D
Mouseketeer

Yes, I have and I would again. It's a fun experience.

Just remember that you are paying for the fun experience and not necessarily the food. The food is standard, breakfast buffet food. The food isn't at all bad, but not necessarily worth $30 pp.
Reese D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Nope will never pay OOP for CM again, or even go back, not unless it's improved...a lot. Was very disappointed when we went for dd's birthday a few yrs ago and it was quite a letdown. She just about got a cupcake, dh and I sung happy birthday to her. The food was just mediocre, the characters rushed through and for $75 AFTER our TIW discount for breakfast, I said, never again. We've been here before that and it was always a "hit" or "miss" experience. Just too pricey for that risk.

Just not worth it to us, rather go to 1900 Pk Fare breakfast, Cape May breakfast or GG. Much better character interaction and better food. I think CM's is completely over-rated and over-priced.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
irazabul
Mouseketeer

If you are there for the Characters, absolutely. I think the food is no better than a Denny's or IHOP, IMO.

However, I find that the Characters there spend more quality time with you than at any other Character meal. Mickey held our 1 year old and played with him for a good 3-4 minutes and Mickey spent some time with our other 2 kids. That itself was worth the price...but again, I think you should be prepared to be dissapointed with the food.
irazabul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I would.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
crabbygal902
after a lapu lapu, I'm not so crabby anymore

We have been to Chef Mickey's several times, both for lunch and dinner. We had 2 bad experiences with service, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast, and were just about to give up on the place. I am happy to report that our latest breakfast Thanksgiving this past year was great! I would absolutely recommend their breakfast, and we also paid OOP for this.

However...since you are paying OOP and are probably trying to keep the expenses down...we love the 'Ohana character breakfast also. I believe it is considerably less money. Just a thought.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I have an ADR scheduled for our departure day.
Granted, DS is only 2, so we're only stuck paying for the adults in the party.

If he shows any distaste for the characters during our trip, I will happily cancel the ADR.

He could go either way. He LOVES "Flow" and "Dawnah Duck" on TV, but who knows how he'll feel about their giant counterparts. I definitely don't want to spend the money on it if he's going to scream the whole time.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: