Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Have our trips planned for the year...

Our reservations are set for April but we are headed to the world for a week in October and 2 weeks in December for Christmas. Minus Be Our Guest, what other restaurants should I look into at the 180 day mark to get what time we want? I am looking for suggestions of places to eat at the parks and resorts. We aren't all into the character dining, but are doing Tusker House in April for breakfast. We are also looking into Chef Mickey's, Chefs de France, Wolfgang Puck, Beaches and Cream Soda, Mama Melrose. In our upcoming trips we are trying Sci Fi, 50's, Tusker House, Be Our Guest (dinner and want to try lunch also), Via Napoli.

We never can find a TS at Epcot we all like minus pizza, and Chefs is one I really want to try. My dad is super picky about how his meals are cooked, and seriously would be thrilled with pizza or sandwiches. We have hit every single one of those I think just about.

I am the planner, just need places with a great variety. My dad does not do sea food or Chinese...but if the sea food place has non sea food, please state places. Just trying to get some new places to try and recommendations for our new places we are trying coming up.

Thanks!!

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I don't do seafood either, but CR has good chicken, steak and braised ribs. Cape May is OK for non-seafood eaters but I can't stand the smell. Yuck!! We had one of the best steaks of our trip at RFC.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Like your family, ours travels in Spring & Fall, but we are limited to two trips.

Typically, our Spring journey is focused around Flower & Garden show, so we enjoy both staying and dining within walking distance of Epcot (and Hollywood Studios) at/near the Boardwalk. Dining options in the vicinity can be overwhelming with Table Service & Signature options in the Yacht Club (Captain's Grill, Steakhouse), along Boardwalk (Flying Fish, Kouzzina, ESPN Zone, & Big River Grill), and nothing compares to the places inside Swan & Dolphin (Kimono's, Il Mulino, Shula's, blueZoo). Even seafood establishments offer plenty of options that are meat or vegetarian focused. Given your dining preferences - I suggest Il Mulino (for top-notch Italian), Shula's (for a very meaty meal).

Fall includes a stay along the Monorail Line and here too are many places that are easy access to Magic Kingdom in Polynesian (Ohana, Kona), Grand Floridian (GF Cafe, Narcoossee's, Citrico's) and Contemporary (Wave, CA Grill). Given your dining preferences - I suggest Grand Floridian Cafe (a high end diner that reeks of nostalgia), and Citrico's (has the most 'plain' food).

I'm suggesting stepping outside the Park to eat, and if you're not Park hopping, you can always return to the same Park after a short walk or ferry to/from these resorts.

Disney will always try to accommodate even the most picky eaters if you ask.

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Kouzinna (3.5* dinner; 4* breakfast), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (1*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2015?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2015?).

Last edited by JZCubed; 02-06-2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: