Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #121
AlisaMom
Mouseketeer
 
AlisaMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 166

Great pictures and update! Thanks. Waiting for more!!!
AlisaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #122
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Ninja Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,096

Hi Missy!

I just wanted to let you know I am enjoying your trip report. The drama at Raglan Road is worthy of a Reality TV series. I can't wait to read more and I'm chiming in to egg you on. I also wanted to ask what kind of camera is Franklin using? We really need to get a new camera and that one looks like it takes pretty good pictures. Of course it's probably Franklin that is taking the great pictures so we will just have to bring him along with that camera on all of our vacations.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share such a neat trip report with us!



~NM
__________________
Ninja Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #123
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,320

It's been so long since I've done Raglan Road, and I LOVED it then. I'd like to get back some time!
Had a good laugh at your As The Raglan Road Turns story I do that with DH all the time when we see strangers acting dramatic.
Your meals look great!
That night time view... wow.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #124
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,195

That is so great that you made up a story for the dancers! I'm sure it made an entertaining night even better. The food there looks great! It has never been a restaurant on our radar because we don't usually eat any sit downs at DTD, but I have been reading a lot of good things about it, so maybe one day?
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #125
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Thanks, I agree! I love planning where to eat and looking at the menus. But now that I found trip reports I am enjoying reading about everyone's trips! Thanks for the kind words about BWV. You are right if we don't get it now, we will at some point. At least we are already members, I want more points just not sure how many more....
Have you found the Dining Reviews board? Lots of fun dining reports there too.

As far as DVC goes, Franklin and I have 230 points total (150 at BWV and 80 at BLT) and I think, eventually, we'd want another 100 at BWV. But I sat down and figured out that we wouldn't need those extra points for another few years. So we decided to wait (because resale prices will continue to drop) and save the MFs on those extra points until we actually need them. It just so happened that the decision coincided with when the BWV resale market fell off a cliff and Disney got interested in ROFRing BWV again (can you believe we paid $50 a point at BWV a year ago?!?!).


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAmongPrinces View Post
Great update! Raglan Road looks delicious, I'm glad you guys finally made it there!

And Franklin, as usual, excellent pictures!
Such a good restaurant. Maybe a good place for the December trip?!?! It wasn't outrageously expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaMom View Post
Great pictures and update! Thanks. Waiting for more!!!
Fine, if you demand more... it's coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Hi Missy!

I just wanted to let you know I am enjoying your trip report. The drama at Raglan Road is worthy of a Reality TV series. I can't wait to read more and I'm chiming in to egg you on. I also wanted to ask what kind of camera is Franklin using? We really need to get a new camera and that one looks like it takes pretty good pictures. Of course it's probably Franklin that is taking the great pictures so we will just have to bring him along with that camera on all of our vacations.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share such a neat trip report with us!



~NM
The egging on has worked! I'm working on the next chapter as we speak. And Franklin will stop by to answer your question soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
It's been so long since I've done Raglan Road, and I LOVED it then. I'd like to get back some time!
Had a good laugh at your As The Raglan Road Turns story I do that with DH all the time when we see strangers acting dramatic.
Your meals look great!
That night time view... wow.
Definitely try to get back to RR, it's well worth it (as you know). There are so many interesting people who visit Disney or work there. People watching is one of my favorite trip activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That is so great that you made up a story for the dancers! I'm sure it made an entertaining night even better. The food there looks great! It has never been a restaurant on our radar because we don't usually eat any sit downs at DTD, but I have been reading a lot of good things about it, so maybe one day?
DTD can be a hard place to incorporate into the Disney schedule. We tend to do one meal and some shopping there on each trip. But our rule when it comes to DTD is NO BUSES! Seriously, the bus to and from DTD can easily take an hour each way for no good reason. So we either go by rental car or cab. It makes the experience much less stressful.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #126
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!
 
Pixel Dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Hi Missy!

I just wanted to let you know I am enjoying your trip report. The drama at Raglan Road is worthy of a Reality TV series. I can't wait to read more and I'm chiming in to egg you on. I also wanted to ask what kind of camera is Franklin using? We really need to get a new camera and that one looks like it takes pretty good pictures. Of course it's probably Franklin that is taking the great pictures so we will just have to bring him along with that camera on all of our vacations.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share such a neat trip report with us!



~NM
I'm using a Nikon D600. It's one of the bigger DSLR cameras. I vary my lens choice quite a bit. Indoors at Raglan Road I used the ultra wide lens, Tokina 11-16mm. Food pictures are with the old Nikon 35mm f/2. If you have a specific picture you would like me to elaborate on, I would be happy to do so. Other equipment I have are in my signature.
I would be happy to tag along for another Disney trip!
__________________
Franklin and Missy -- Check us out on Facebook!
Trip Reports: All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #127
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,731

We are definitely foodies! Half of the fun is planning where to eat for our trips. I have yet to cook a meal at Disney (and don't think I will be anytime soon) Except coffee! My oldest daughter and I especially love look at the menus and talking about plans. Unfortunately, she and her sister will not be able to come with us on our next trip. This will be our first trip without our girls. So, since it would be just our son with us - we decided to let him invite his best friend. Now his best friends whole family is coming too! We don't know how our trips will change. We are thinking we may try to come twice a year - once with our son and once with our daughters. The girls will both be in college next year and will have different vacation times. With our son, we usually go during veterans week and he misses a few days of school. So, that is one of the reasons we were thinking of adding on - two vacations - need more points! But, we could probably borrow and maybe skip a year every third year also. All of this depends on if our BWV for 100 goes through ROFR. We currently own 200 at AKV.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #128
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
We are definitely foodies! Half of the fun is planning where to eat for our trips. I have yet to cook a meal at Disney (and don't think I will be anytime soon) Except coffee! My oldest daughter and I especially love look at the menus and talking about plans. Unfortunately, she and her sister will not be able to come with us on our next trip. This will be our first trip without our girls. So, since it would be just our son with us - we decided to let him invite his best friend. Now his best friends whole family is coming too! We don't know how our trips will change. We are thinking we may try to come twice a year - once with our son and once with our daughters. The girls will both be in college next year and will have different vacation times. With our son, we usually go during veterans week and he misses a few days of school. So, that is one of the reasons we were thinking of adding on - two vacations - need more points! But, we could probably borrow and maybe skip a year every third year also. All of this depends on if our BWV for 100 goes through ROFR. We currently own 200 at AKV.
I love planning our Disney dining too! Franklin also likes having a say in the dining plans, be he won't admit that to the outside world. My biggest problem is often finding that right balance of places we love and trying new restaurants. There are just too many good choices and always too few days on our trips.

That's great you can take your kids on different trips, it must really make them feel special. You must have lots of wonderful Disney memories!

__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #129
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,827

Good Morning Hollywood

We last left off with gazing down at the glowing Boardwalk below at the end of an amazing first day at Disney. We were up bright and early the next day. I’d heard so much about how beautiful Boardwalk is in the early morning, we rushed to the balcony to check it out.



Hmmmm, not quite the sparkling sunrise I was expecting. We also quickly realized that with that kind of fog on the lake, it would be quite a while until the Friendship Boats would be up and running. So we change our plans from boating to DHS to driving the rental car. The upside to that plan was that it would take about four minutes to get to DHS and park vs. the 30-45 minutes we’d planned for on the boat. We had time for breakfast in the villa and then we set out for the park.

We arrived early, just as planned. I tweeted “Got to DHS at 8:10 and we're 5th in line! #goodstart #disney #dhs”

For those of you who don’t know, DHS now opens the turnstiles before the announced park opening time. For a 9 a.m. opening, they have been typically opening the gates between 8:35 and 8:50. It’s less of a stampede to Toy Story Mania this way. And at 8:37 that morning, they let us in!

Franklin took off for Pixar Place to grab a nice, early set of FPs.



And I met him at the standby line. The only downside to riding that early is the line moves too quickly to really enjoy that incredible queue.





The CMs at TSM now send parties of two up the right side of the stairs to fill in empty cars. It’s kind of like having a FP without a FP!



We got on the ride really quickly, in just about 10 minutes.



If you’ve read our past trip reports, you probably know that I’ve never beaten Franklin at TSM. I blame it on the fact that I spend my free time on the Dis and he plays video games. But would this day be any different?



Yeah, no.





He still kicked my butt. Sigh, one day things will change!

We next traveled to a galaxy far, far away.







We traveled all the way to the Wookie Planet and the Underwater City, and Yoda paid us a visit. An excellent journey. We browsed the gift shop after. Franklin was really interested in the “build your own droid” setup.



We also bought a few gifts for friends. We looked at the clock and realized we had some more time to kill before our TSM FPs would come due. So we looped back into the Star Tours line.





Right as we walked up the ramp, they opened the right side of the queue, so we walked directly to the loading area!





And where did we travel to this time? The Wookie Planet, the Underwater City and a visit from Yoda. Yep, we got the exact same flight on back-to-back flights. There are, what, hundreds of flight combinations on the new ride? And we got the exact same combo on rides less than 15 minutes apart. Maybe we should have bought a lottery ticket that day?

We split up after Star Tours. I headed for the hub to see if there were any characters around (there weren't). And Franklin took a stroll down Sunset Boulevard...





... to grab us a set of Rock-n-Roller Coaster FPs. We met back up at TSM for our second spin through the midway.



The first couple of screens, I was on fire. And then at the third screen, my gun wouldn’t fire. AT ALL.



They tried to load a set of kids to our seat when we pulled back around and I explained to the CM what happened. So they pulled the kids out before sending one of them into a lame game. They also told us to hang on and we could hop on again.

And here’s the embarrassing part, I ended up scoring worse on that run. My arm was tired, three rides on TSM in a matter of hours is a lot of arm use!



Franklin did worse too, so I don’t think mine was the only tired arm in that car. He also took this photo:



I have no idea how he manages to get any in-focus pictures on that ride. There’s so much spinning and jerking around.

We had spent enough time in Pixar Place that it was time to head to R-n-R for our FPs.



We had a plan for the ride photo. We were both going to point at my gorgeous engagement ring. There was a flaw in the plan. It took all my effort to not be gripping the harness during the launch, that it never dawned on me that I would have to hold my hand up higher. Oops!



Once we arrived safely at the Aerosmith concert, it was time for us to head to our lunch ADR. It was just after 11, so our tally was three rides on TSM, two on Star Tours and one on R-n-R. Not a bad morning, huh?
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #130
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran
 
disfanforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post


I love planning our Disney dining too! Franklin also likes having a say in the dining plans, be he won't admit that to the outside world. My biggest problem is often finding that right balance of places we love and trying new restaurants. There are just too many good choices and always too few days on our trips.

That's great you can take your kids on different trips, it must really make them feel special. You must have lots of wonderful Disney memories!

I agree. It is hard. I think the only new one we will try will be BOG! dH is still holding it over my head that I messed up getting us a ressie at ohana on our last trip. That is the only place he is adamant about going to. And wow, you got BWV for $50 last year. That is great! We haven't had any seperate trips with the kids yet. This November will be the first.
__________________
MeDH DD(20) DD(18) DS(13)
disfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #131
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
We last left off with gazing down at the glowing Boardwalk below at the end of an amazing first day at Disney. We were up bright and early the next day. I’d heard so much about how beautiful Boardwalk is in the early morning, we rushed to the balcony to check it out.



I commented on this picture before, but...

O-M-Gorgeous!!!


What a fabulous morning at HS. Hopefully we will have a similar experience on the morning we are there- with the addition of ToT.

That was smart of you to tell the CM about your broken gun on TSM. With all of the time and effort it takes to actually get onto the ride, it would be a shame for someone to have a faulty shooter.

Where is that dartboard? I don't remember seeing it.

Fashion comment! I noticed your necklace in a picture from the MK, and today's version at HS. Love it. And just so Franklin doesn't feel left out- great shirt with Animal on it. My favorite Muppet!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #132
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!
 
Pixel Dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I commented on this picture before, but...

O-M-Gorgeous!!!
Thank you so much! I kind of got lucky with that shot. I saw the fog creeping up, ran back into the room to grab the camera and started shooting. The fog was extremely thick and moved in fast. In a couple minutes, we could barely see the boardwalk right outside our room. We didn't hear the friendship boats run for a while.


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a fabulous morning at HS. Hopefully we will have a similar experience on the morning we are there- with the addition of ToT.

That was smart of you to tell the CM about your broken gun on TSM. With all of the time and effort it takes to actually get onto the ride, it would be a shame for someone to have a faulty shooter.
It's nice to know that the next people won't be disappointed. The best part is that you get to ride it again. They let you wait in the exit area, against the wall, for the next available car. So, the first time around is like a warm up. But, your arm does get really tired.


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Where is that dartboard? I don't remember seeing it.
It's at the very end.
Right after the prize booth


but before the scores.


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Fashion comment! I noticed your necklace in a picture from the MK, and today's version at HS. Love it. And just so Franklin doesn't feel left out- great shirt with Animal on it. My favorite Muppet!
Can't go wrong with the Muppets!
__________________
Franklin and Missy -- Check us out on Facebook!
Trip Reports: All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #133
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran
 
Queenofallthings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,747

So happy that you guys finally made it to RR...it is one of our favourites! Funny thing tho, we've always been too early for the dancers and the band!

I love wandering aroung DTD after dinner....its just screams to me that I'm on vacation! That view from your room is amazing!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #134
PrincessAmongPrinces
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessAmongPrinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 225

Wow! Very productive DHS morning. I absolutely love the pic of you guys on RnR - it totally made me smile!
PrincessAmongPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #135
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,320

Might not be a sparkling sunrise, but it's gorgeous nonetheless! I like foggy pictures.
We once did three spins on TSM in the span of about two hours, my arm was going to fall off. I think you did really well on your third go round, considering!
Can't believe you got the same Star Tour twice! What are the odds?
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: