Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Great start! And great idea to rent a car AND use DME for the luggage. We have never rented a car, we always rely on the Disney transportation. Less stress finding our way around, parking, etc. Although there are definitely times when I've thought it would be more convenient to have a car.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #32
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I lurked on your last report but I hope to join in more on this one. Great start.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #33
Cllong75
Fave Place on Earth

We've never rented a car at Disney, but I have always pondered the thought.

Nov '11 ~ Disneyland *Sept '10 ~ Pop Century * Jan '09 ~ All Star Movies * Sept '05 ~ All Star Sports * May '04 ~ All Star Sports * Sept '00 ~ All Star Movies * '85 ~ Off-site
Cllong75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #34
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Great arch photo! I was totally impressed and then scrolled down and you are right - Franklin won that contest. Still, your photo is better than any that I've ever managed.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #35
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Great start! I think you got a great shot of the arch. Better than anything I ever got. How did you do that? Lean out into the aisle? Jump up and stand next to the driver?

I always do DME. We rented a car once for one full day. That was it.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #36
Disneyluvr
DIS Veteran

Love, love, love the matching sweatshirts!! Where did you get them?
Disneyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #37
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Fantastic start to your trip!

You guys look pretty good for so early in the morning. Love the two pictures

Brilliant solution to the luggage/rent a car situation!!! You did have to split up for a bit, but so worth it to not have to deal with your luggage.

Cute pictures of the DME movie.

Both arch pictures were great! Which leads me to a question more commonly posted to Franklin- what camera do you use?

home!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #38
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the fun!

Very savvy of you to do both the rental car and DME...I love it!! I don't know how they determine the order of the stops...it seems to be different every time...and mine is usually last. "Torture" to be so close and yet so far stopping at all the other resorts first.

Adorable sweatshirts!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #39
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Great start! And great idea to rent a car AND use DME for the luggage. We have never rented a car, we always rely on the Disney transportation. Less stress finding our way around, parking, etc. Although there are definitely times when I've thought it would be more convenient to have a car.
Thanks Wendy! We had definitely been fine in the past relying solely on Disney transportation. But what we learned from having a car on this trip, is that it was nice not having to factor in an hour to get to or from anywhere. It made the trip feel less frantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I lurked on your last report but I hope to join in more on this one. Great start.
Yay! I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom! I'm happy to have you join in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cllong75 View Post
We've never rented a car at Disney, but I have always pondered the thought.
I think it can be worth it if it won't break the bank. We're lucky, with just the two of us, we don't need a huge rental car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Great arch photo! I was totally impressed and then scrolled down and you are right - Franklin won that contest. Still, your photo is better than any that I've ever managed.
Thanks Janet. Trust me, I know I could never compete with Franklin's photos! I'm always just happy when my pictures turn out in focus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Great start! I think you got a great shot of the arch. Better than anything I ever got. How did you do that? Lean out into the aisle? Jump up and stand next to the driver?

I always do DME. We rented a car once for one full day. That was it.
I was leaning pretty far into the aisle, luckily no one in the two rows in front of me had the same idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyluvr View Post
Love, love, love the matching sweatshirts!! Where did you get them?
SparkOfInspiration on Etsy. She does hand-painted stuff and also great Disney necklaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Fantastic start to your trip!

You guys look pretty good for so early in the morning. Love the two pictures

Brilliant solution to the luggage/rent a car situation!!! You did have to split up for a bit, but so worth it to not have to deal with your luggage.

Cute pictures of the DME movie.

Both arch pictures were great! Which leads me to a question more commonly posted to Franklin- what camera do you use?

home!
Makeup does wonders that early in the morning! I used our point and shoot, a Sony HX9V. I call it the miracle camera, I can actually take photos that don't suck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm here and looking forward to hearing all about the fun!

Very savvy of you to do both the rental car and DME...I love it!! I don't know how they determine the order of the stops...it seems to be different every time...and mine is usually last. "Torture" to be so close and yet so far stopping at all the other resorts first.

Adorable sweatshirts!
The DME/rental car split worked out really well for us. And I'm with you on the DME stops. There's one common thread, no matter which resort you're headed to, there is ALWAYS too many stops! Just get me to my resort already!

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #40
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Fun photos! So nice of the airline to bring you a celebratory drink.
We have done both ME and had a car. The last couple of times we went as a family, we drove instead of flew.
I have to say that having the car really made dinner ressies easy. It was really fast to drive on over to the resort and then be able to just jump back in the car and head to Boardwalk or POR for some evening entertainment. Not having to wait for the bus was awesome!
We never had any trouble being allowed to park at the resorts for dinner, shopping, or just a wander around.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #41
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Joining in here too! Can't wait to hear more.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #42
AlisaMom
Mouseketeer

Thank you. Waiting for the next parts
AlisaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #43
akhwbj1
Earning My Ears

Joining in from the January Facebook page! Excited to read your TR! We have never rented a car at disney. Always used their transportation.
akhwbj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #44
Yelloweaver
Earning My Ears

Signing on to join in!!
Yelloweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #45
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I'm here! This is Danielle from the Jan 13 FB group.

Love all of the photos so far! Our trips overlapped by a day (we left the morning of the 27th)... Anyway, can't wait to hear all about yours! Our in-laws were there while you guys were, interested to see how your trip was in terms of crowds in comparison to our trip!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: