Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
WDWOswald
Mouseketeer

1 bedroom saratoga springs or boardwalk inn water view?

We are used to staying at the large 1 bedrooms at wyndham bonnet creek but we would like to experience a disney resort.

I'm afraid the lack of laundry, jacuzzi tub, kitchen, and overall space will be disappointing to my wife who has had that the past 3 years when we visited WDW.

However, I'm hoping that the coolness of staying at the boardwalk inn will make up for staying in a "regular" hotel room. Now Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom is also an option for the same price.

Which would you choose for yourself? It's just my wife and I on this trip. Also- is Saratoga Springs worth doing over bonnet creek- or is it pretty much the same kind of thing? From the outside looking in Saratoga Springs seems boring, far away from everything except DTD (which I don't care about), and not unique at all.
WDWOswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

If you are used to the space of a one bedroom then you should go with that.

Now we have stayed at SSR in a one bedroom and we have stayed at BWV in a one bedroom (not the inn side yet) and we did this in one trip. We split our stay between the two resorts. So we had the best of both worlds. Fun at our doorstep with BW and relaxation at SSR.

When we went back to staying in a regular sized room after staying vacation club for a few years we did feel the difference. But with that said we will not pay more for a 2 bedroom (that's what we would have to get) when we can stay in a regular room that sleeps 5. So my point is....location is key to us over space and a laundry.

SSR is a beautiful resort but it is big and you need to bus everywhere. BW is walking distance to Epcot and a short boat ride to HS.

You and your wife should right out pros an cons in your opinion about what each resort has to offer you. Then you'll be able to make a decision.

Good luck.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
EmilyJ517
Mouseketeer

If it was just DH and myself, I would absolutely choose the Boardwalk Inn. You can't beat the location right next to Epcot for evening strolls back after dinner or Illuminations. And the Boardwalk itself is pretty neat at night with street performers and such.

Since we have two preschoolers I would have to go with the 1 bdrm, but that's why we own at the Boardwalk. LOL

Our next trip: A LAND and SEA Adventure!

EmilyJ517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

We have stayed at both. We much prefer the Boardwalk Inn. The hotel is lovely, the room appointments are very nice -- beautiful drapes, carpets, furnishings etc. Much higher quality room appointments than at Saratoga Springs Resort.

We requested and received a king bedded room at BWI. It had a huge terrace that overlooked the gardens and the Boardwalk. Of course, no guarantees you would get that particular room, but we certainly loved it.

The location of the Boardwalk is far superior to SSR. Most of the really nice restaurants are an easy walk away. Plus, all of the Epcot restaurants are an easy walk and we even like to walk from the Boardwalk to Disney Hollywood Studios. The location simply cannot be beat.

The Boardwalk has a very nice quiet pool in a Rose Garden that often has no one using it.

SSR resort does offer a boat to Down Town Disney, so if that appeals to you, you could consider that. But, we found SSR very spread out, making it inconvenient to get to the main building where the two restaurants are located. You have to take a bus to all of the parks. Plus, we prefer the Boardwalk area to the Down Town Disney area (although there are a few nice places to eat there, too.)

We often stay in the 1 bedroom villas because, like your wife, we like the separate living room, full kitchen, the jacuzzi tub, the guaranteed king bed and the washer/dryer. But, we book the one bedrooms villas at the Boardwalk or at the Beach Club. Honestly, I would not pick those things at SSR over a regular room at the Boardwalk.

When we stayed at SSR, I was not impressed. To me, it seems like a standard Florida condo development that could be anywhere with no particular theming and very little to recommend it.

Have a great trip whatever you decide!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have also stayed in both. I would absolutely choose BWI water view. The perfect space is out on the balcony watching the Boardwalk and the lake. I am willing to give up indoor real estate for it.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
WDWOswald
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I have also stayed in both. I would absolutely choose BWI water view. The perfect space is out on the balcony watching the Boardwalk and the lake. I am willing to give up indoor real estate for it.
Sweet. I'll keep our reservation as is then!
WDWOswald is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: