Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Those who have rented through Vacation Strategies......

A few questions:

1. How long does it take to have an actual confirmation of the rental?
2. When do you find out the specific unit you'll be staying in?
3. How common is if to request a building or floor and actually get it?
Thanks everyone! I'm just a little nervous we'll head to Disney to find out we have no where to stay
Thanks

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14, MAYBE '15 (US/IOA)
Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2PrinceNPrinces View Post
A few questions:

1. How long does it take to have an actual confirmation of the rental?
2. When do you find out the specific unit you'll be staying in?
3. How common is if to request a building or floor and actually get it?
Thanks everyone! I'm just a little nervous we'll head to Disney to find out we have no where to stay
Thanks
I rented through VS for our trip this past Oct. It felt like I waited forever for our final payment email, and even called them to see what the hold up was. They said that it would come within a certain timeframe and it did.
Can remember the exact time frame, but I feel like it was only a few weeks before our trip that I paid the final payment.
You dont find out what unit you are in until you get there. We requested Tower 5 with a higher floor, and when we checked in we were given Tower 4 (8th floor I think).
Dont worry about things. Lots of Disers have used VS and had no problems. Our rental was flawless. I did call at some point after final payment and BC confirmed that our name was on the ressie. You will love it at BC!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Ditto. You can trust VS. I paid my final payment about 50 days prior to check-in. After doing so, I almost immediately received a confirmation from them. Nothing to worry about. You will have a great trip. You will not know your bldg. or room number until you check in.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
dsamama
Earning My Ears

I am right there with you I totally want to book it like now but the whole being on pins % needles for months thing is freaking me out. Though from everything i have been reading nobody seems to have had a problem.

I also spoke to Fabian from vs yesterday I had emailed with a few questions and he emaied back and then called.good thing because i was planning on calling andtotally forgot. He assured me that as soon as I make the deposit they hold our dates for us. He said that we will get an email confirmation when we pay the deposit.

He said that when they book with BC within 60 days of trip they send us the request for final payment and we get the final confirmation.

I am assuming that they wait untill the 60 day mark so they are getting the point discount or whatever.

I did sent requests to farrells and VU for quotes. But I did feel comfortable after talking with fabian yesterday.
dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

I made my reservation/deposit last March for our spring break trip this year due to it being such a popular time. Once I booked airfare in September I realized we needed an extra night and they updated our reservation with no problems. I just got our final payment due email last week at the 50 day point. I paid it this morning, so hopefully I get the official confirmation number soon!

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
dcwild2001
Earning My Ears

I paid 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten confirmation

Did you get your confirmation? I am traveling to Bonnet Creek in mid-March. I paid my full amount 2/1, and asked for my Wyndham confirmation. VS emailed that all I needed to check in was my license. I emailed them back that I wanted the confirmation from Wyndham and got no reply, this was 2 weeks ago. I emailed again 3 days ago, quoting their policy that I should get a Wyndham confirmation when the final balance is paid. No response from VS. I called BC, and there is no reservation in my name. I left a voicemail this afternoon for VS so hopefully I will hear back, but to date they are not honoring the policy they provided to me when I booked the vacation.

I will update when I get a response.

They have such good reviews, so I don't know what's going on?
dcwild2001 is offline   Reply With Quote