Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #46
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
The valid dates would be right on the ticket, and as far as I've researched it, there is nothing that indicates that they can't be used before the convention/meeting starts as long as that's clearly stated on the ticket. Exactly who is going to be stupid enough to not see that on the ticket and try to enter? If a ticket says "VALID 03/23/13 to 03/30/13", is there any adult here who would actually try using it on March 20? I mean - it seems pretty simple to actually look at a ticket before attempting to use it.

In addition, you really think they're going to confiscate a ticket because someone mistakenly tries to use it a few days before a conference? Everything I've heard about why Disney confiscates or invalidates tickets has to do with fraudulent use and clear violations of policy. It would be due to rented/shared tickets or some CM selling a ticket in violation of the terms which they obtained it. Arriving early and maybe asking if it might be used a day early is hardly what I'd consider fraudulent. Maybe they'll say no, but confiscation would seem to go way beyond any reasonable action.

There were the promotional offer discounted tickets, which were sold starting Nov 20, but weren't valid for first use until Jan 7. You suppose someone makes a mistake and tries using such a ticket on Jan 3, they'll confiscate and invalidate it? That would make no sense from an enforcement standpoint to punish an honest mistake with an action so drastic. They'll just say it's invalid, and to come back on Jan 7 or later.
I wasn't aware the valid dates are printed on the tix. (Ī didn't ask nor did my cm friend mention that) If that's the case then I see and agree with you.

Ps sorry or saying knucklehead
That wasn't nice or needed on my end
Old 02-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #47
KristinRiess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
I work at IBM, and they offer 10% off the already discounted promotional tickets. Double discount. That took the price for four 5-day PH from $1120 to $900. I then went and bought Disney Gift Cards at a 20% discount and used those gift cards to buy the tickets. Triple discount. Ultimately, I bought $1120 worth of PH passes for $720. A 36% discount.

But I understand that discount is only readily available for people going in the promotional period, who work at a large company with a Disney discount through their work, and live either in Texas or near a Target store in December.
Thanks for posting this, I checked with my FIL who works for IBM in Canada to see if he can get tickets!
KristinRiess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #48
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Wanted to come back and update that I called to get more info from a place that sells group/convention tickets. I called to ask about a specific convention happening that is open to the public during my dates of travel. I told the woman on the phone that I was coming in the weekend prior to the mid-week event and wanted to know if the tickets would be ok to use that early. I was told that the tickets have no restrictions related to dates of use other than the final expiration date in December 2013. I've ordered the tickets and saved a good chunk of change.

I'll come back and post when I've received them and any relevant info about them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: