Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
droycro
Mouseketeer

Bringing a toaster?

We will be driving to the World in March. We'd like to eat a light breakfast in our room (at POR) before heading to the parks. We're thinking about packing a small toaster to have in our room. Does Disney frown on this? I've done several searches and haven't found a firm answer.

I do realize the food court at POR will have toasters for guests to use. If our room is far from the food court, I'd rather not trek there just to toast up a bagel.

Thanks!

March 1997 - POFQ
January 2003 - offsite
January 2004 - Beach Club and Disney Magic (land & sea package)
May 2005 - Contemporary
May 2006 - Contemporary
July 2010 - Fort Wilderness
March 2013 - POR
droycro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Uh oh.. I sense a 40 page thread on this one..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
carlamouse
Disney Trekker

Exclamation Oh boy!

You'll probably hear from the fire code police, and the bargain hunters. I'll start...those toasters are a fire hazard! Now from the other side...what's the harm in makin' some toast in my room? Then we have...but your food is smellin' up the room for the next guests!

This should be interesting...

Carla in GA
81' 1st Trip, Off Property ~ 82'-88' Off Property ~ 89' Grand Floridian ~ 92' Beach Club ~ 96' Contemporary Resort ~ 97'-98' Off Property (FL Resident) ~ 00'Coronado Springs ~ 01' WDW Swan Resort ~ 03' Courtyard By Marriott (DTD), ~ 05' Sheraton Vistana Resort / Wilderness Lodge ~ 07' Pop/Polynesian Resort ~ 09' WDW Dolphin Resort ~ 11' Grand Floridian & Disney Dream ~ '13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
carlamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
sndral
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hlight=toaster
Naw, last one only went 7 pages.
I believe it's frowned upon, due to fire safety concerns. I don't personally own a toaster, so it's a non issue for me.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
droycro
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies and the link to the other thread. Guess I didn't search hard enough. Ok - no toaster for us. No big deal. I can certainly pack plenty of breakfast items that don't require toasting (yogurt, granola bars, cereal).

March 1997 - POFQ
January 2003 - offsite
January 2004 - Beach Club and Disney Magic (land & sea package)
May 2005 - Contemporary
May 2006 - Contemporary
July 2010 - Fort Wilderness
March 2013 - POR
droycro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

There's toasters in the food court for guests, and your family could have their breakfast there.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by droycro View Post
Thanks for the replies and the link to the other thread. Guess I didn't search hard enough. Ok - no toaster for us. No big deal. I can certainly pack plenty of breakfast items that don't require toasting (yogurt, granola bars, cereal).
Don't forget Pop Tarts - they don't need a toaster. Personally, I would never eat them that way - well, I would never eat them but my son and his family snack on those all the time in the morning. And think about non traditional things for breakfast as well. A ham and cheese rollup or a turkey and cheese rollup. My husband and I took Uncrustables with us for breakfast - that's just PB&J. Or - regular PB&J. PB and crackers.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I like toast but don't really care if its hot toast. I would often take my bread item (bagel thin, mini bagel, bread round) to the food court the night before and toast it then. By the time I got to the room it was cooled off enough to put in a Baggie. Next morning I'd take it out throw on ham or peanut butter and fix something to drink and eat it while walking or waiting for the bus.

Of course I'm also in the court of a toaster in your room is not the end of the world. Don't the family suites and the Villas have them already. Not really a hazard. A regular taster not a toaster oven that is.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
cvjw
DIS Veteran

All of the DVC villas have toasters for the guests to use. Maybe DVC villas have different sprinklers in the rooms that regular rooms don't have? We always make toast and bagels in our DVC villas.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
All of the DVC villas have toasters for the guests to use. Maybe DVC villas have different sprinklers in the rooms that regular rooms don't have? We always make toast and bagels in our DVC villas.
I think it's probably more that since Disney provides the toasters, they know that they work.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: