Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
mintwax
Earning My Ears

Booking an early return flight at MCO?

We're looking to book a return flight home from MCO. I believe Disney will only let you use onboard checkin if your flight leaves after 11:25am. The flight I wish to take is at 11:10 am.

Any chance Disney lets us use onboard checkin for the flight at 11:10am. If not, what is the process for exiting the ship and getting to the airport? Do we carry our bags to the Disney transfer to MCO (or cab?)? What time can we expect to exit the ship? What time does Disney begin running the buses to the airport?

Thanks!
mintwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintwax View Post
We're looking to book a return flight home from MCO. I believe Disney will only let you use onboard checkin if your flight leaves after 11:25am. The flight I wish to take is at 11:10 am.

Any chance Disney lets us use onboard checkin for the flight at 11:10am. If not, what is the process for exiting the ship and getting to the airport? Do we carry our bags to the Disney transfer to MCO (or cab?)? What time can we expect to exit the ship? What time does Disney begin running the buses to the airport?

Thanks!
No, if your flight is before the earliest recommended time, you will not qualify for onboard checkin.

You would need to keep your bags with you (don't place them outside your door the last night), and bring them to breakfast with you, then be in the group that is waiting to disembark as soon as the ship is cleared. Generally that will happen about 7:30. But it could be delayed for any number of reasons (the biggest being Customs not clearing the ship early enough).

You will go through Customs and out to the bus loading if you purchase DCL transfers. The busses are lined up and you will be directed as to which one to get on. As the busses fill, they depart.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 02-05-2013 at 05:38 PM.
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Ditto above. They do have the parameters set up to make sure they have time to get the luggage to the airport in time. Earlier flights do not qualify.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

I happen to be lucky enough to have a friend that lives in Orlando and offers to pick me up each time I cruise. However, he works when I leave, so I always get a a car. I either rent one from Budget or have a town car pick me up at the airport and take me to the Port.

I would suggest researching a town cars. Some people use Happy Limo, others use Sunny Days, I just booked, http://www.travelorlandotransportati...sportation.php because they are inexpensive, but I have not used them yet. So I can't recommend them right now
sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: