Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Oh boy, now we're under a blizzard watch, should be a very interesting 24 hrs. I just picked up the last couple of D batteries at our CVS. And went to Walmart for a rechargeable Coleman lantern with LED lights. For years we've been using the one needing propane, not good when you can't open the windows in Winter. So glad we have this now, I just know we're going to lose power with this one.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #32
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

We here in the Midwest are pretty familiar with brutal winter storms too, and I just wanted to wish all the New England DIS'er well with this upcoming blast.

Stay warm, stay safe!!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #33
Jillpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
We here in the Midwest are pretty familiar with brutal winter storms too, and I just wanted to wish all the New England DIS'er well with this upcoming blast.

Stay warm, stay safe!!
Thank you! It's almost right on our doorstep in the morning. You should see the grocery stores around here! I've done everything there is to do, now we just wait for this monster to arrive!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

It should be an interesting few days.

Have your schools been cancelled (as the governor's recommended)? Mine have school for two hours! Hopefully they'll rethink it and just cancel.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #35
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

My area is suppose to get 12-16 inches
I went food shopping, got gas, bought rock salt, have the shovels ready, got batteries, flashlights & candles. I'm ready! Hopefuly since I did all that, we'll only get 2 inches

So far our schools have just cancelled all after school activities/events. I'm guessing they will be sent home early.
Our Disney Vacations: SSR AUG 2014 * PoP, DISNEY DREAM, AKV JAN 2014 * AoA, BLT AUG 2013 * AoA, WLV Xmas 2012 * AKV AUG 2011 * SSR AUG 2010 * BWI, AKV JUNE 2010 * GF NOV 2009 * POLY JUNE 2009 * AKV, BCV JAN 2009 * BWV JULY 2008 * OKW APRIL 2008 * AKV, SSR NOV 2007 * CR MK VIEW! OCT 2007 * BWV APRIL 2007 * SSR NOV 2006 * BWV, SSR MAY 2006 * SSR, VERO JUNE 2005 * POR, WL, BWV NOV 2004 * ASMo, BWV NOV 2003 * BWI May 2002 * GF NOV 2001 * CSR, VERO NOV 2000 * Offsite Oct. 1998, July 1997 and 1983
Our Disney Vow Renewal TR
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #36
Jillpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
It should be an interesting few days.

Have your schools been cancelled (as the governor's recommended)? Mine have school for two hours! Hopefully they'll rethink it and just cancel.
Yes, all schools on the South Shore and Boston have been cancelled, per order of the Governor (or strongly encouraged rather). My husband works in Boston and he's working from home tomorrow, so I'm very releaved that my family is home safe for the whole day.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #37
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Yeah, schools took the governor's advice and cancelled, finally.

Kids were happy!

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #38
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

Stay safe guys!! Here in Va, it doesn't take a lot to shut us down. However, we moved a lot as a kid, and I can remember living near Lake Huron, and in Glens Falls NY. Winter seemed to last til May!!

Anyway, hope everyone keeps power!!
kirstenb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #39
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Stay safe everyone... Warm and safe if you can.

We are used to it as well, but it is NEVER fun.

Only 10cm called for here, but you never do know.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #40
debster812
DIS Earth Angel!
Anyone have a spare phone?
Suffered from DIS withdrawals
I feel so technical, 'stick', 'unstick'
Ya Ya Sister!

Jill,

When you first posted this, I was going to say you were too far out for us to get all worked up about..... Shows how much I know.

I worked today until 3, was at the market by 3:15, and was out by 4:00. I hate that I had to go today, but we needed regular groceries, not just the makings of Blizzard French Toast! The new Market Basket in WB had every register open, and had a bagger at each lane too. They did a great job today.

DH & DS went and 'borrowed' my parents' generator (Mom & Dad are in FL), we have gas for the generator & snow blower. Plenty of food, and if we lose power, at least the perishables can go outside.

Stay safe everyone!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
Jillpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by debster812 View Post
Jill,

When you first posted this, I was going to say you were too far out for us to get all worked up about..... Shows how much I know.

I worked today until 3, was at the market by 3:15, and was out by 4:00. I hate that I had to go today, but we needed regular groceries, not just the makings of Blizzard French Toast! The new Market Basket in WB had every register open, and had a bagger at each lane too. They did a great job today.

DH & DS went and 'borrowed' my parents' generator (Mom & Dad are in FL), we have gas for the generator & snow blower. Plenty of food, and if we lose power, at least the perishables can go outside.

Stay safe everyone!
Ha ha Deb, so true, usually they'll hype it up early, only for it to be a couple of inches. Not this time, this is the real deal. I was at the deli today, had to wait 20 minutes, but then got right out, what a madhouse. But we're as ready as we can be! Lets hope we don't lose power!!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #42
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

we're all set here, too. dh's company has already shut down for tomorrow; ds's school (UMass-dartmouth) is closed, the restauramt he works for already closed for tomorrow, sp i'm happy tpp tha we'll all be home.

stay safe everyone!

p.s. pls ignpore the typos, my wrists are in splints fpr the night.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
John Terry Craig Robby Mushu BrownFamilyVacations.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #43
Jillpie

Update!

Well, we survived the night! And we didn't lose power!! Thank God. We got 22 in inches of snow here on the South Shore. We have lost our cable and Internet, but that's ok, I'm able to watch Ch 5 live on my iPhone, way cool. My sister has lost her power down on the Cape, she's freezing. I feel so bad for the 400,000 that have lost it. How did you all make out?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #44
jrsmom
DIS Veteran

We are in Southern NH and have about 22 inches as well. Thankfully we never lost power.

Happy shoveling
jrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #45
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

we're on the south shore also, haven't heard an official snowfall amount but I'd guess about 22-24". never lost power thankfully and still have cable, internet,phone too! We are lucky! DH is snowblowing now; DD got stuck at work from 3 pm yesterday until 11:30 pm tonight (she's a nurse)I'm glad she wasn't out trying to get home in this mess!
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: