Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal99 View Post
Thanks again great info. Funny never really considered these resorts on previous trips but since coming on here its got me very interested.

Just a couple more questions whats walk time to downtown disney from old key west as I do like to walk? Rooms saratoga had a refurb recently?

SSR is a large resort and depending where you are on the resort will vary your walk time to DTD. From the point that you arrive at the walk way, to your arrival at DTD is around 5 min walk. The question is, where on the resort you are in conjunction with the walk way!

SSR has (and I think still is being refurbished).

It is very much a personal preference, there is little between them to be honest. We prefer SSR but there will be many who prefer OKW. Neither are "worse" than the other, just a little different.

There are things at SSR that OKW doesn't have. For example, the walkway, a better gym and the DVC building which is where you can take the DVC tour (if you're interested in buying in). We love SSR, we tend to rent a Surrey Bike and take a ride around the whole resort because it's so pretty and tranquil. If I were going to buy in (which we are considering) I would defintely buy at SSR because we just love the place.

My advice would be to pull up some TR's and read up on each resort and go with the one you think suits your party the best.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: