Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Parks Changing hours...

okay...we made our ADR's and plans weeks ago knowing MK would be open from 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Our plan was to be there most of the day.

Now they have change the hours to 8 a.m. - 1 a.m. and I'm very worried it's going to be jam packed and we have an 8:30 p.m. reservation at a restaurant.

So, if we go in the a.m. and leave in the middle of the day and get our hand stamped, will we be able to get back into the park around dinner time for the evening?

Thanks!
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Disney does not hand stamp just reuse your ticket to get back in
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

When are you going? I assume that it must be relatively soon. Disney will often add extra hours when the parks are expected to be busy. If you will be there during spring break and Easter, then the parks will be pretty packed.
But there are very few days of the year (outside of July 4 and the Christmas-New Year's week) when the parks close to capacity.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

we are going the first 2 weeks of march. the 2nd week I know it's supposed to be packed...so I had planned to be there in the a.m. take an afternoon break and then go back in the evening. I'm just worried it'll be packed and we can't get back in for our dinner reservation.
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
we are going the first 2 weeks of march. the 2nd week I know it's supposed to be packed...so I had planned to be there in the a.m. take an afternoon break and then go back in the evening. I'm just worried it'll be packed and we can't get back in for our dinner reservation.
An ADR will get you back into the parks, unless they hit the last stage of closing.

I wouldn't be too worried about the first couple of weeks in March. We went then last year, and the parks were busy, but not busy to the point of the parks closing down. Last week of March first week of April is when things will get dicey.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
We have gone at Spring Break for the past several years -- even Easter week. The parks will be crowded -- so be glad for the additional hours -- but they will not get to the levels where they close. It's not like Christmas and Fouth of July like another poster said. You'll be fine. In fact, if you are there for rope drop, it will be great. While it will seem crazy crowded waiting to get in, there really aren't that many people who will get up to be at the park at 7:00-7:30 a.m. for an 8:00 opening.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: