Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #16
Macmaro
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReeders View Post
This is mine and my husband's first Disney cruise and I was going to ask this question as well. Would you answer it the same for adults too? Pool and lunch?
We always head to whichever restaurant we're guided to (it's all good to us) followed by a stop to make sure our request to have a private table was granted. Gives us a chance to request it again if not. Then we explore the ship. If you've never been on a Disney ship it's a good time to investigate and learn the layout of the ship with fewer people on board.
Macmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

We always do a sit down lunch, then go to the kids club to get their bands ( since we pre-registered online) Then I go to the spa and enter the raffle, go check out the fitness center, and go to guest services if I need to add anything since there is no line at that time. It goes really fast but thats one of my fave times on the ship. Vacation has just started and everyone is in a good mood and boat is still not full yet...

Most importantly let the fact soak in that you are on vacation on a Disney ship
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #18
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReeders View Post
This is mine and my husband's first Disney cruise and I was going to ask this question as well. Would you answer it the same for adults too? Pool and lunch?
We actually go get reservations for Palo and then eat lunch. We then book tastings, do the spa open house & gift drawing and go to any DIS meets or DVC meets this trip. Time really flys until it is time for the safety drill.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

We always do a sit down lunch, then go to the kids club to get their bands ( since we pre-registered online) Then I go to the spa and enter the raffle, go check out the fitness center, and go to guest services if I need to add anything since there is no line at that time. It goes really fast but thats one of my fave times on the ship. Vacation has just started and everyone is in a good mood and boat is still not full yet...

Most importantly let the fact soak in that you are on vacation on a Disney ship
Old 02-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
KarenMP59
DVC Member

I would agree that the time flies between when you get to go through the amazing big mouse head in the port and the safety drill!! We always get lunch, eat outside, and then explore the ship. It's so surreal because we all spend so much time imagining it and then it's finally here!!!! Can't wait

Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea February 2001Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2004Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2005Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2009Fantasy Eastern Caribbean May 2012Fantasy Eastern Caribbean April 2013Fantasy Western Caribbean March 2014Wonder Alaska September 2014Fantasy Eastern Caribbean February 2015

DVC 1997
Too many visits to WDW to count
KarenMP59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #21
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieOBX View Post
Oceaneer Club/Lab what is this?
Ah, the kids clubs.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #22
superrach
Mouseketeer

If you didn't get Palo brunch ressies online then one person go straight there right when you get on the ship. They usually hold some for onboard bookings. Then one person go book tastings because that can only be done onboard. Meet up at Cabanas and let the buffet begin!!
WDW POP, December 2011
WDW ASM, December 2010
superrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #23
Rudolph4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by superrach
If you didn't get Palo brunch ressies online then one person go straight there right when you get on the ship. They usually hold some for onboard bookings. Then one person go book tastings because that can only be done onboard. Meet up at Cabanas and let the buffet begin!!
Where can you find out about tastings and where do you book them? My understanding is they are not online ahead of time - is it all at guest services? Is it a madhouse that first afternoon?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #24
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Depending on the time we board the plan is: lunch, book Palo,check room and swim
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-11, 2014 Poly, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #25
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph4 View Post
Where can you find out about tastings and where do you book them? My understanding is they are not online ahead of time - is it all at guest services? Is it a madhouse that first afternoon?
I was going to ask the same thing!!!! Please tell me all about the tastings!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superrach View Post
Another person from Memphis!
So, you go directly to Palo to make a reservation? I thought I read somewhere that you go to one of the clubs. Makes more sense to go to Palo though.

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374528876126214/

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #27
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

Wait in the long line at guest services (since you walk right by there) to book tastings. They book up very quickly!!!

Then grab some lunch and let the kids hit the pool. This is what we did on our first cruise on the Wonder, the kids were 8 and 5. Worked out really well!

Quick question... Our next cruise is on the Fantasy, I know we want lunch from Cabanas. Can we take our lunch out to the pool area?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #28
emeraldluvsbama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by superrach View Post
I just got Palo brunch ressies online. Woo hoo!
emeraldluvsbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #29
wink13
Just a bit Goofy

We eat a later breakfast at the hotel so we can skip lunch and go straight to the pool. The boys have been first in the pool for 3 cruises and have it all to themselves for about a 1/2 hour. Then they go on the auqaduck as soon as it opens. As the pool gets crowded they are done at the pool and ready for lunch at one of the quick service areas around the pool. Then it's off to the stateroom when they are ready.

They love the pool time and pictures of being the only people in the pool or in to pool area.

I'll mostly sit back and relax in the sun!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

We usually do lunch and then take some photos of the ship areas while there are not as many people and a lot of the places are still empty.

Then we sit by the pool and relax.

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread