DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
deedeetoo
DIS Veteran

What is the point of on-line check in 60 days ahead of time?

Is there any advantage to this? I understand doing on-line check in allows them to print up your stuff ahead of time so theoretically you get through check in faster. We have done it on our prior trips. But I can't understand why there is any benefit (to them or us) of doing it more than a week ahead of time. It not like they are going to put your packet together and leave it sitting behind the counter for 2 months. Does anyone know the logic in this?
deedeetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

It's a Disney cash reservation thing that DVC has latched on to. Maybe Disney feels that people who check in way in advance are less likely to cancel their reservation?

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey

It seems to me that if you can do this 60 days ahead, why not just get this information when the reservation is made and forgo this extra step.

Get my CC info, room requests, etc. when I make the reservation!

As an aside, I am definitely a fan of online check in. This past June I had my fastest check in ever. I was in a hurry to get to a lunch reservation, so I ran into the AKL, told them I was in a hurry, she circled on the map where my room was, checked the names on my room keys, grabbed the packets and was out of the door in literally less then 2 minutes
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeetoo View Post
Is there any advantage to this? I understand doing on-line check in allows them to print up your stuff ahead of time so theoretically you get through check in faster. We have done it on our prior trips. But I can't understand why there is any benefit (to them or us) of doing it more than a week ahead of time. It not like they are going to put your packet together and leave it sitting behind the counter for 2 months. Does anyone know the logic in this?
I believe it will tie in with the Fastpass + system (once it is up and running) allowing you to get fastpasses 60 days out.

Last edited by gdrj; 02-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

The 60 day on-line check-in window will be for selecting FastPass+ times once it becomes available.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
shortypots
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
It seems to me that if you can do this 60 days ahead, why not just get this information when the reservation is made and forgo this extra step.

Get my CC info, room requests, etc. when I make the reservation!

As an aside, I am definitely a fan of online check in. This past June I had my fastest check in ever. I was in a hurry to get to a lunch reservation, so I ran into the AKL, told them I was in a hurry, she circled on the map where my room was, checked the names on my room keys, grabbed the packets and was out of the door in literally less then 2 minutes
I agree, just add it to our DVC profile so we can add it at booking!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: