DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

1 night - Doubletree Suites, Hilton Bonnet Creek or Buena Vista Suites

Hi all.

Staying one night off property before our BLT trip. Anyone have any recommendations on the above properties? I can get DoubleTree Suites and the Hilton Bonnet Creek for the same # of points. BuenaVista suites would be cash, not points (but it looks nice LOL).

I was surprised to see more than one property in "bonnet creek". I only ever thought it was one property back there.

Jen
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Ariel8676
DIS Veteran

Out of the 3, we have only stayed at Buena Vista suites. It is very inexpensive, nice and clean, the staff is very nice and you get a decent free breakfast
Ariel8676 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

It appears that Bonnet Creek is now charging a mandatory $12/day for bus service. Not 100% sure how this is all playing out, but if you are looking for inexpensive, you may want to check that out before deciding.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Of the 3, I've only stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek. Like you, it was for 1 night before checking in to a DVC resort. It was very nice. Had a great pool with a lazy river, and free transportation to the parks. And thanks to my Hhonors status, I got a free continental breakfast and internet. There was a charge for parking though.
It's next to the Waldorf Astoria, and across the street from Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
It appears that Bonnet Creek is now charging a mandatory $12/day for bus service. Not 100% sure how this is all playing out, but if you are looking for inexpensive, you may want to check that out before deciding.
Carol I believe that's Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare, not Hilton Bonnet Creek hotel.

AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc_john View Post
Of the 3, I've only stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek. Like you, it was for 1 night before checking in to a DVC resort. It was very nice. Had a great pool with a lazy river, and free transportation to the parks. And thanks to my Hhonors status, I got a free continental breakfast and internet. There was a charge for parking though.
It's next to the Waldorf Astoria, and across the street from Wyndham Bonnet Creek.
I was wondering if they did anything for their Gold/Diamond members...the website didn't say. Thanks for that info.

How did they do the continental breakfast? Do we just get a credit? Is it for the whole family or just me? I have always stayed at Hiltons with the EL so I'm not sure how the continental breakfast works.

Jen
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc_john View Post
Carol I believe that's Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare, not Hilton Bonnet Creek hotel.
Thanks for the clarification. (I'm not surprised I got it wrong - DVC is my only timeshare and I just skim or ignore most of the info on the others, LOL). Boo on the parking charge, though.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
I was wondering if they did anything for their Gold/Diamond members...the website didn't say. Thanks for that info.

How did they do the continental breakfast? Do we just get a credit? Is it for the whole family or just me? I have always stayed at Hiltons with the EL so I'm not sure how the continental breakfast works.

Jen
It was just two of us, and we got two coupons to use. They could be used at the restaurant, which had a buffet. We could get any cold items off the buffet, or for a fee upgrade to the full buffet. We could also use the coupon at the Starbucks instead, for a coffee and pastry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: