Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #91
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Joined in on your TR today! I have not read many TR's of people staying at Saratoga Springs, so it's nice to get a new resort to check out through pictures. Being close to DTD is great too, since that seems to be the hardest place to get to by bus or to park when taking a car!

Looking forward to the rest!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #92
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Oh man, Matt and I were just discussing the possibility of leaving Disney to check out WWoHP at some point and I just feel like I'd think it was so weird! I know that sounds silly, but obviously you get it.

At least it sounds like you guys had a great time catching up with old friends!

OH! And that little Princess Parade is too adorable! I'm sure those girls felt very special.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #93
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I LOVE resort specific merchandise! I'm so so so glad they are working it back in!

I love the princess parade, it's pretty adorbs!

I'm glad to see you made it off property and back in one piece! My parents went off property on our last trip to see a friend of my dad's and I know my mother was a little worried about leaving her happy place! But all was fab!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #94
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for successfully navigating outside of the Disney Bubble!! Hahaha I like the pickle with a face, very cute!

I always always always think it is a brilliant idea to get a case of water rather than keep buying the $2.50 bottles on-property. Was the Walmart far from SSR?
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #95
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Joined in on your TR today! I have not read many TR's of people staying at Saratoga Springs, so it's nice to get a new resort to check out through pictures. Being close to DTD is great too, since that seems to be the hardest place to get to by bus or to park when taking a car!

Looking forward to the rest!
I totally agree with you about DTD being difficult to get to when at other resorts (aside from the ones with boat access) - it really was one of the best parts about staying there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Oh man, Matt and I were just discussing the possibility of leaving Disney to check out WWoHP at some point and I just feel like I'd think it was so weird! I know that sounds silly, but obviously you get it.

At least it sounds like you guys had a great time catching up with old friends!

OH! And that little Princess Parade is too adorable! I'm sure those girls felt very special.

We've done side trips to Universal before - it's actually where we got engaged - and I'd say it's worth doing at some point! They have some great rides (The Mummy, Spiderman & Forbidden Journey) and the butterbeer is as amazing as everyone says it is. And with the two parks being set up near each other, like at Disneyland, it's easy to see what you want at both in one day.

That being said, they are going through so much expansion right now, I would definitely wait until after they've opened the new Harry Potter area, or even after they finish Transformers and the new Simpsons area they have coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I LOVE resort specific merchandise! I'm so so so glad they are working it back in!

I love the princess parade, it's pretty adorbs!

I'm glad to see you made it off property and back in one piece! My parents went off property on our last trip to see a friend of my dad's and I know my mother was a little worried about leaving her happy place! But all was fab!
Same here! I didn't buy anything for Saratoga Springs, but I probably would have bought something from Coronado or Port Orleans when we stayed at those resorts during our honeymoon and anniversary if they'd had them.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #96
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for successfully navigating outside of the Disney Bubble!! Hahaha I like the pickle with a face, very cute!

I always always always think it is a brilliant idea to get a case of water rather than keep buying the $2.50 bottles on-property. Was the Walmart far from SSR?

I'm glad somebody else appreciated the pickle-face, hahaha. I was laughing so hard when I saw it.

We were so happy we made the choice to get the bottled water - it was great not having to buy it in the parks, and to have at night when we got back to the resort.

The Wal-Mart we went to was by Universal, since we were driving back that way from dinner, so it's probably about 15-20 minutes away. I'm sure there's a Wal-Mart (or Publix) closer than that one, though. And I've heard a lot of people use GardenGrocer to deliver water to their resort the day they arrive.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #97
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I got home from work and saw that you commented on my TR and was highly entertained by it because I JUST bookmarked yours yesterday and read the first few pages! I'm caught up now. Love your sense of humor!

You make Raglan Road sound so yummy. That's what I'll be writing about in my next TR update. It wasn't our favorite, but I think a LOT of it had to do with the atmosphere. We went during dinner when the bar area was packed, and we were sitting at the end of the round connected booth around the stage. These guys behind me were leaning on the booth, and one kept moving! I was getting booth-sick! I said to my husband that if we were to ever return, it would have to be for lunch. We're old farts, and we didn't appreciate the music, dancing, and the loud people all at once.

Ooo, I'm curious to see all the light fixtures you took pictures of on this trip! My husband is OBSESSED with Disney light fixtures. He takes a ton during each trip and even started a Flickr group for it, haha (http://www.flickr.com/groups/disneylights/).

Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (Disneymoon TR in progress)
Saving Dole Whip Float Money - PTR for Feb 2011 // Delicious Indeed! - TR for February 2011
It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! - PTR for April 2010 // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon - TR for April 2010
A DISer's Trip of Firsts! - TR for Feb 2008 // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! - Living the Life Outside of VMK

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #98
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I got home from work and saw that you commented on my TR and was highly entertained by it because I JUST bookmarked yours yesterday and read the first few pages! I'm caught up now. Love your sense of humor!

You make Raglan Road sound so yummy. That's what I'll be writing about in my next TR update. It wasn't our favorite, but I think a LOT of it had to do with the atmosphere. We went during dinner when the bar area was packed, and we were sitting at the end of the round connected booth around the stage. These guys behind me were leaning on the booth, and one kept moving! I was getting booth-sick! I said to my husband that if we were to ever return, it would have to be for lunch. We're old farts, and we didn't appreciate the music, dancing, and the loud people all at once.

Ooo, I'm curious to see all the light fixtures you took pictures of on this trip! My husband is OBSESSED with Disney light fixtures. He takes a ton during each trip and even started a Flickr group for it, haha (http://www.flickr.com/groups/disneylights/).

Ugh, I'm sorry your experience at Raglan Road wasn't great - I think even I would have had a bad time with the booth rocking like that! And as much as I love the restaurant, I also don't love being seated in the center room while eating dinner - it's just so difficult to hear the people at your table. I hope you do try again for lunch though, because it was pretty empty/quiet while we were there.

The pictures in the Flickr group are awesome!! Makes me wish I had upgraded to a better camera before we had taken this trip so I could get even more of the detail in them.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #99
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Joining in great report so far!
I love the look of Saratoga springs, considering staying there the next time I go, definitely with a DTD view, it looks amazing!
I've never ate at Raglan road either and now I feel like I'm missing out haha
I don't like leaving disney once we get there either, next time we go I don't think I'll leave there at all If I can help it x

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

laurenvic1312959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #100
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm joining in! I follow a lot of DIS friends on twitter and I think I might've recently started following you because you were in the list of people to follow!

OMG, you make Stacey GIFs? When I saw that I had to click on your link. Those are pretty awesome.

Subscribing to catch up!

ETA: OK, I totally love that picture of the princess parade at DTD! My sister works at DTD and I also had no idea they did this until she told me about it. SO CUTE!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #101
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenvic1312959 View Post
Joining in great report so far!
I love the look of Saratoga springs, considering staying there the next time I go, definitely with a DTD view, it looks amazing!
I've never ate at Raglan road either and now I feel like I'm missing out haha
I don't like leaving disney once we get there either, next time we go I don't think I'll leave there at all If I can help it x
Saratoga Springs really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it! It had never been much on my radar before, so I'm really happy that it worked out to be where we ended up staying on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm joining in! I follow a lot of DIS friends on twitter and I think I might've recently started following you because you were in the list of people to follow!

OMG, you make Stacey GIFs? When I saw that I had to click on your link. Those are pretty awesome.

Subscribing to catch up!

ETA: OK, I totally love that picture of the princess parade at DTD! My sister works at DTD and I also had no idea they did this until she told me about it. SO CUTE!

Is your Twitter name the same as your Dis name?

I am so happy you like the Stacey gifs!! They were seriously so much fun to make, and I can't wait until I have a higher quality version of the new video so I can make some more!

One of the things I liked most about the Princess parade was the fact that it was something about Disney that was completely new to me! I feel like I spend so much time reading about it through blogs and trip reports that it's always such a great treat when I discover something new while in the Parks.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #102
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Whoops!

Quick apologies to those of you who have just found my Trip Report and aren't seeing any photos. I seem to have exceeded my bandwidth on Photobucket. I'm going to work on figuring out a better solution for my pictures, so any suggestions you have will be great!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #103
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I'm in the process of transitioning my pictures to Flickr and am planning on ditching Photobucket. Their new website has been very slow and frustrating to use with a lot of glitches. And in the process of implementing their new website it appears that they decided to suddenly and without any warning apply a much smaller space limitation and start charging for access to larger memory space.

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #104
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Oh my gosh I'm so OVER that atrocity that is called new photobucket. I ran out of space now on my account anyway, so I'm moving elsewhere.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #105
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yeah, Photobucket is ridiculous! Suddenly I have like, NO space! I had to start a new acct. But even then, I'm already at 7% capacity for just a few updates! Plus, I can't resize them automatically from the upload or even at all. Frustrating. I was thinking about Flickr.

Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (Disneymoon TR in progress)
Saving Dole Whip Float Money - PTR for Feb 2011 // Delicious Indeed! - TR for February 2011
It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! - PTR for April 2010 // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon - TR for April 2010
A DISer's Trip of Firsts! - TR for Feb 2008 // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! - Living the Life Outside of VMK

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: