Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

know what you mean about after you have a stressful few weeks, you are ready to just be there already and be on vacation.. AHHH- I could go for a vacation right about now!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

My husband hates it when I notice errors like that in magazine articles about Disney. He says I shouldn't even read them.

I love your luggage! It's adorable, I want it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #18
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
know what you mean about after you have a stressful few weeks, you are ready to just be there already and be on vacation.. AHHH- I could go for a vacation right about now!
Definitely! In November and December, I had been covered for a co-worker who was out on sick leave, so I was working twice as hard as usual. While I was in Disney, she went out again, so I'm back to doing two jobs. Is it spring break yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
My husband hates it when I notice errors like that in magazine articles about Disney. He says I shouldn't even read them.

I love your luggage! It's adorable, I want it!
Thanks! I got it as a wedding gift from my mom - I believe it's from Bed Bath and Beyond!

I just don't get how certain errors get past the writer and editor! It's not as though there aren't a thousand Disney resources for them to check. And if they don't really have an interest in writing about Disney, they can always hire me!!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Haha you are just like us with the Starbucks before flights! My husband's first stop once we are through security is Starbucks on those early-morning flights! We are also from Seattle, so that kind of just comes with the territory of being coffee fiends.

I cracked up at the magazine! DISNEYLAND FLORIDA? Like, how does someone really put that in a magazine?! I'm an English major nerd and love editing like you wouldn't believe, so when I see typos like this in magazines or any other professional-type writing it drives me insane, haha.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Haha you are just like us with the Starbucks before flights! My husband's first stop once we are through security is Starbucks on those early-morning flights! We are also from Seattle, so that kind of just comes with the territory of being coffee fiends.

I cracked up at the magazine! DISNEYLAND FLORIDA? Like, how does someone really put that in a magazine?! I'm an English major nerd and love editing like you wouldn't believe, so when I see typos like this in magazines or any other professional-type writing it drives me insane, haha.

I love my pre-flight Starbucks! It was extra necessary for this trip, because I didn't have any milk in the fridge, so I didn't have any coffee at home before getting to the airport. It's a good thing I was so excited about Disney, otherwise I never would have made it out of the house.

And I'm almost caught up on your DL TR! I think I'm only one page behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in.
Glad to have you here!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #23
experiment818
Mouseketeer

In!

Follow me on Instagram @fryeburg
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!
Hello new friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by experiment818 View Post
In!
Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Joining in!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
Yay!! So glad to have you over here!!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Happy to tag along on ur tr

Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #27
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Chapter 3 - Guess that means we can skip Animal Kingdom!

Chapter 3 - Guess that means we can skip Animal Kingdom!

We finally made it!! We were back in Florida!! I knew what my first goal was going to be after stepping off the plane.

@GertieTheDino89 First mission of the trip - I will NOT get lost in the airport this time.

Please tell me some of the rest of you have that problem. I get so caught up in the Disney Haze that just about every time I arrive in Florida, I always go to the wrong side of the airport and waste time wandering in circles trying to find the DME. But not this time!

I had my DME information in the side pocket of my carry on, so while we were waiting for it to be our turn to get off the plane,I studied it and was determined to finally go the right direction.

First up - The Fake-o-Rail!

I was bouncing off the walls with excitement by this point. The other people on the Fake-o-Rail didn't really seem all that excited to be in Florida. They must not be going to Disney.

As we got off, I just kept telling myself "Go to B, Go to B, Go to B."

SUCCESS!!

As we approached the DME Motorcoach Boarding, we could see that most of the lines were pretty long, so I had a feeling we wouldn't be getting one of the prime seats near the front.

But that's okay! I didn't care! You know who else didn't care about the long lines? That girl about to do a cartwheel. YOU GO CARTWHEEL GIRL!

Saratoga Springs guests were sent over to line 3, along with Fort Wilderness, Port Orleans and Old Key West. As suspected, we we pretty far back in line. However, the great part about getting into a long DME line? You won't be waiting long for your bus to arrive! We were only in line for a few minutes before we started moving forward.

Both my favorite and least favorite transportation service in the world, depending on which direction it is taking me.

@GertieTheDino89 So far DME has played Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and the Soarin' music. It's like they knew I was coming.

I didn't catch our driver's name, because the people who were sitting behind us we SOLOUD and talking about golf. WHO CARES ABOUT GOLFING IN DISNEY?

I really wish I had known our driver's name though, because he was hysterical. He told us that they had added some new segments to the DME video (!!!!!), and that the length of time it added meant that it the length of the video was longer than the drive to the resorts. He told us that meant we had 3 options:
  • He could pull the bus over and we could watch it
  • We could go to Tampa
  • We could go straight to Disney and the video will still be playing when people get off the bus

Now, I know I said I was SOEXCITED to get to Disney, but...I totally voted for option one. #sorrynotsorry

However, the rest of the bus cheered when he Option 3, so there were no movie watching stops or Tampa detours for our bus.

So ready to watch the DME video!

As we were driving along and watching the NEW DME CLIPS, featuring New Fantasyland, Test Track 2.0 and Splitsville, the driver also mentioned that the previous day, the people on the bus had seen some alligators during the drive. He said that he'd point out where they were usually spotted, and then said, "If you see the alligators, that means you don't have to go to Animal Kingdom!" Poor Animal Kingdom.

Apparently people did see a small alligator on our side of the bus, but I didn't see it, and I can't identify if he's one of the blurs in the picture I took.

I was totally immersed in the DME video, that it seemed like only minutes after we had gotten on the bus, I was greeted by this glorious sign!

One of the greatest sights in the world. I was officially home!!

Continued in next post

Last edited by arbolita; 01-01-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Joining in! We were at Disney around the same time but it was a shorter trip.

We stayed at SSR a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #29
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Joining in! We were at Disney around the same time but it was a shorter trip.

We stayed at SSR a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Hey there neighbor (at least, I'm assuming so by your screen name - I'm in Howard County MD)! Wasn't it nice escaping to Florida for a few days while everyone else in the Mid-Atlantic was dealing with snow and ice storms?

I'll have you check our your TR! And I'm eager to read the one in your signature from your trip to the Poly - that's my dream resort, really hope I am able to stay there one day!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Hey there neighbor (at least, I'm assuming so by your screen name - I'm in Howard County MD)! Wasn't it nice escaping to Florida for a few days while everyone else in the Mid-Atlantic was dealing with snow and ice storms?

I'll have you check our your TR! And I'm eager to read the one in your signature from your trip to the Poly - that's my dream resort, really hope I am able to stay there one day![/COLOR][/B]
We are neighbors! Yes, we're in Northern Virginia and usually use BWI to fly to Disney!

And yes, it was so nice to avoid the cold and wintry weather during our trip although it did give us a slight wrinkle in our travel plans

Our Poly trip is probably going to be the gold standard for all of our future Disney trips. Everything clicked and hummed perfectly along for that whole trip. And of course, Poly was our dream resort so that was just icing on the cake.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: