DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #61
CaskPeg
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Diane-
Would have loved to be in your suitcase on your current trip! Today we just got through an ice storm in Indiana overnight...so not pleasant. I am on Fantasy in early May for 7day Eastern Caribbean and making ressies etc. Congrats...hope you are having fun on Kona!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #62
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
I believe the DCL cruise ships have an "adults only" pool/spa area ... ??? (Just sayin')
Was going to mention the same thing. And, I would bet the resort has a lot more space to do so than a cruise ship.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #63
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY D View Post
Was going to mention the same thing. And, I would bet the resort has a lot more space to do so than a cruise ship.
Yes they do, and thanks all for the info on the cruise ship. I can use that in my argument when I contact Memeber Satisfaction. I just find it so odd that there can't be ONE spa tub for adults only.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #64
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Yes they do, and thanks all for the info on the cruise ship. I can use that in my argument when I contact Memeber Satisfaction. I just find it so odd that there can't be ONE spa tub for adults only.
I couldn't agree with you more!! One of the BEST things I look forward to the most about sailing on their cruise line are their adult pool and jacuzzis. LOVE THEM. And would give anything, absolutely anything for their resorts, namely Yacht and Beach Club jacuzzis, to do the same.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #65
dianeschlicht

So now we are in a privately owned condo on the Big Island. Here are a couple of shots from the lanai of our unit.

Sunset from the lanai.

and moon set this morning.

Volcanoes National Park hikes.

Last edited by dianeschlicht; 03-03-2013 at 08:13 PM.
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #66
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Great shots, Diane!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #67
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

So you are on the Kona side somewhere? How long there? Another week? Great view you have!! Love the Kona sunsets...

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #68
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
So you are on the Kona side somewhere? How long there? Another week? Great view you have!! Love the Kona sunsets...
Yes, Kona side for another week. Our unit is right on the ocean, and the surfers use the beach below us. Great fun to watch them! Our drive to the Volcanoes yesterday was very wet. There were flash floods, and our main hike to the red lava area got rained out, but not until we got drenched. It was pretty tough to spend the whole rest of the day wet and cold, but we survived and managed to have a good time anyway. Now this afternoon we are going to do a whale watch tour, so off for our "four hour cruise"!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #69
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

We spent 7 nights at Aulani at Thanksgiving. One bedroom #406 and will request the same room every time we return. Awesome location. Guess where my son's favorite place was? The infinity edge hot tub. Lol. Sorry. I'm pretty sure that one result of all the construction is an adults only pool and spa. I swear they told us that when we asked. Cannot wait to go back.
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #70
dianeschlicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
We spent 7 nights at Aulani at Thanksgiving. One bedroom #406 and will request the same room every time we return. Awesome location. Guess where my son's favorite place was? The infinity edge hot tub. Lol. Sorry. I'm pretty sure that one result of all the construction is an adults only pool and spa. I swear they told us that when we asked. Cannot wait to go back.
Nope, it's another kiddie pool area.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #71
dianeschlicht

Okay, so I have to give a big plug for Neptune Charlie's ocean safari's whale watch tour! We had a fantastic time (even though I got miserably sea sick), and saw a lot of whales. Two of thehm came up to and went under our boat as they "played" with us. We didn't get the best shots. Between being sick and trying to shoot quickly, I managed to miss some of the best shots, but it was a great time anyway!

In this one you can actually see the whale's eye!

Not only was this fluke slap very near our boat, but you can also see his flipper under the water. It's the big white thing.

This was a more distant tail fluke pop.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #72
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Diane - Those are great pictures. I love the sunset and especially the whales. Sorry to hear you got seasick, but I am thinking it may have been worth it! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #73
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Gorgeous photos from your villa, Diane. Love the whale shots. Enjoy your week on the Big Island.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #74
dianeschlicht

BTW, in that shot where we saw the whales eye, I couldn't help think of Turtle Talk with Crush at Epcot. I was laughing and thinking of doing Dori's "whale call".
Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #75
dianeschlicht

Yesterday we went to Pu'uhanau Ohanaunau National Park. It's a simple place, but always one of my favorites on the Big Island. It's the historic burial grounds of the Alii (kings), and also a "city of refuge" where people who broke the old Hawaiian "Kapus" could come to be forgiven.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: